Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

It's ON!

Just made arrangements for our 2nd ABD --WE'RE GOING TO PRAGUE, SALZBURG and VIENNA!!!!!

Sept 18 thru 26, 2015

wdwtheplacetobe and Alacrity

:yay::dance3::yay:

We're going on the Central Europe trip 7/3-7/11/15 - anyone else out there going then?

We're going on the Central Europe trip 7/3-7/11/15 - anyone else out there going then?
Congrats and Welcome to the DISBoards & the Adventures by Disney Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread. If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I'll update your entry.

Sayhello

Yes - we are actually doing two of them back to back - England France and then the Central Europe - been following the trip reports from this past summer and have lots of tips from our niece who spent 3 months in Europe in 2013!

Here you go!

Let the discussion, planning, plotting and waiting begin.:thumbsup2

Roll Call:

Current:

• Jul 3 - 11, 2015, vimilbc, DH, DS (13) & DD(11)
  • Sep 4 - 12, 2015 - Sayhello
  • Sep 18 -26, 2015 - wdwtheplacetobe & Alacrity

Previous:

• Jun 14 - 22, 2014
    • - aggiemomx3 & 2 adult daughters
    • - PixiePrincess310 (Allie) & husband (Bill)
  • Jun 21 - 29, 2014
    • - RSM, wife, & son (11)
    • - abbyjt & ?
  • Jul 5 - 13, 2014
    • - Calfan, DH, DD (11) & DS (9)
    • - west&east (Karen), DH, DD(15), DS(11), & MIL & FIL
    • - hilarys (Hilary), DH, DS (11) & DD (9)
    • - disneyphx, DH & DD (9)
  • Jul 12 -20, 2014
    • - jcarlstrom (Jennifer), husband, son (11, turning 12 on the trip), son (9) & daughter (7)
    • - Currahee, wife, daughter (17) & daughter (7)
    • - Kim (chanibustie), DH Pradeep, DS Deven (8), DD Nora (7)
    • - Marthasor, DH, DMIL & DS6 (almost 7)
    • - ivrier, wife, daughter (8) & daughter (17)
  • Aug 2 - 10, 2014
    • - tsgirl, husband & three daughters (who will be 16, 20, and 22)
    • - *WDW*Groupie* & son (23 at time of trip)
  • Sep 13 - 21, 2014
    • - Tozzie
    • - n8tivecaligirl & ??
    • - distravel & DH

DisneyKevin gave me the heads up on Orvieto and Giacomini....brought home a large vase and some other things...anybody bring home anything really special from this trip?

:moped::moped::moped:

sayhello...it looks like you're going on the trip right before ours!!!! Can't wait for your trip report! Our DreamsUnlimited Gal says there are 25 going on our trip so far...

:charac2::charac2::charac2:

Anyone planning on taking this trip (and even others!) might find this interesting:

20/20 is airing a special this Wednesday (3/18) for the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music":

The Untold Story of the Sound of Music

Next Wednesday - Join us as Diane Sawyer and Julie Andrews travel to Austria to reveal the untold secrets of 'The Sound of Music.' 10/9c!

Sayhello

Hi
My family of five ( DH, DS-13, DD-11, and DS-6 ) is travelling with two other families of friends - 13 of us in total - on the June 26 itinerary.
This thread has been very helpful! This is the first ABD for all of us...although we are all seasoned WDW, DL and DCL travellers. Starting to get excited now!

Hi
My family of five ( DH, DS-13, DD-11, and DS-6 ) is travelling with two other families of friends - 13 of us in total - on the June 26 itinerary.
This thread has been very helpful! This is the first ABD for all of us...although we are all seasoned WDW, DL and DCL travellers. Starting to get excited now!
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! :thumbsup2 And congrats on booking your first ABD! Sounds like you have quite the large group. I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Are you booked on an exclusive departure? I noticed that your trip is listed as waitlist only on the ABD site, and we've speculated before that this is for trips that have been arranged as "exclusive" departures.

Sayhello

Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! :thumbsup2 And congrats on booking your first ABD! Sounds like you have quite the large group. I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Are you booked on an exclusive departure? I noticed that your trip is listed as waitlist only on the ABD site, and we've speculated before that this is for trips that have been arranged as "exclusive" departures.

Sayhello

It's not an exclusive departure as far as I know.
We are just three families that have cruised together in the past and decided to try something different.
We did all book through the one travel agent .. But she did say other families were likely to be joining us.
Given the popularity of Europe in the summer.. I'm assuming it filled up quickly, and that's why the wait list?
They did tell us there was a maximum of 40 people for any given departure.

It's not an exclusive departure as far as I know.
We are just three families that have cruised together in the past and decided to try something different.
We did all book through the one travel agent .. But she did say other families were likely to be joining us.
Given the popularity of Europe in the summer.. I'm assuming it filled up quickly, and that's why the wait list?
They did tell us there was a maximum of 40 people for any given departure.
Well, there goes that theory. :) I guess your departure just must be full now.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Anyone planning on taking this trip (and even others!) might find this interesting:

20/20 is airing a special this Wednesday (3/18) for the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music":

The Untold Story of the Sound of Music

Next Wednesday - Join us as Diane Sawyer and Julie Andrews travel to Austria to reveal the untold secrets of 'The Sound of Music.' 10/9c!

Sayhello
Thanks for the info! Recording!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter