Champions Gate

nikkispurrell

Earning My Ears
Three questions:
1) how "safe" is this community? Is the gate "manned"?

2) This resort has everything we are looking for (splash pad, playground, lazy river & theatre). Any comments on those or suitability?

3) Anything else we should know?

TIA!

Reunion resort would have been our first choice but access to the lazy river seems to be limited :(

We rented a condo at Championsgate. I don't remember a lazy river...? But we enjoyed the area. Nicer than what we were expecting. Easy access to Disney without traffic. Nice nearby grocery store.

Please explain what you mean " How safe is the Community " ?

Safe from what ? ( Safe from alligators , Bugs & fire )

Break ins (vehicles,houses). :) I really know very little about gated vs ungated, the area, etc.

I'm sure it's fine; I would just like to check in with someone that might know the area better than me. Most of what I've seen of the Orlando area is great and was hoping someone could confirm this is a good area as well :)

We rented a condo at Championsgate. I don't remember a lazy river...? But we enjoyed the area. Nicer than what we were expecting. Easy access to Disney without traffic. Nice nearby grocery store.

It says there is one at the oasis clubhouse?

We snowbird near Championsgate. It is a nice, safe area. There is a nice Publix grocery store and some restaurants nearby. The I-4 exit for Championsgate can get busy during commute times.

We recently rented at Champions gate, a large 9 bedroom house. The house was beautiful and the oasis club and pool were great! The entrance gate is manned and the area around the development seemed very nice and upscale.

My only warning would be about your neighbors because the homes are SUPER close together. The street we were on was brand new and the houses surrounding ours were just being furnished (construction was over but the insides were still being worked on) so they were empty and we had lots of privacy when using the private pool outside the house. Having said that we could hear loud music from homes on the other streets at times, and one party that lasted well until 3am! We were exhausted and slept mostly right through the noise and I think I only noticed it when I got up to use the bathroom! I wasn't going call anyone but if you were a light sleeper or if they were closer to us it might have been a different story!

The homes advertise that they sleep up to 26 which is a lot of people! So imagine 26 of your newest friends partying it up in the pool right next to you:) might not happen but I don't think I'd rent there again knowing how close the homes are.

I should add that the pool the lazy river and the splash pad at the oasis club were great! We also used the workout room every day ( could get crowded in the morning) but the facilities overall were very nice.

ChampionsGate is about as safe as you can get in Orlando. It's a resort community that seems to be growing in popularity recently. It is centered by the Omni Championsgate Resort, which is where the lazy river, waterslide, and new wave pool are located. I believe the Omni is one of the nicest resorts in Florida. My wife and I do 5 or 6 weekend "staycations" there each year.

Yes it is one of the safest areas to stay in .

You are away from the Parks ( about 10 miles + )

Loads of eating places nearby . On Hwy 27 towards I-4 , Around Champions Gate Shopping Mall ,with

Publix for food , & on Hwy 192 West at Formosa Gardens A great selection of eating places

Longhorn Steak house , Texas Road House , Millers Ale house etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter