Chances for a walk up sci fi

We have but were told walkups get picnic table, which we were seated at.

Or course it's possible for hitchhiker seats but luck plays into that.

On the podium -

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

OP, don't forget to also check for ADRs for a party of 4. Sometimes it is easier to get that even number reservation. You will not be penalized for showing up with less people than the reservation was for.

Note: it doesn't work the other way around tho- don't show up with more people than the reservation is for & expect everyone to be seated.

I just looked up an adr for 4 (we only need 3) and found one for 11:30! :cool1: I booked it & I just want to confirm ... it won't be a problem showing up with 3? We did want to sit in a car ideally.

I just looked up an adr for 4 (we only need 3) and found one for 11:30! :cool1: I booked it & I just want to confirm ... it won't be a problem showing up with 3? We did want to sit in a car ideally.

Nope, won't be a problem. We are a party of 2 & I have had to do this many times at all different restaurants over the years. Sometimes 2 is hard to get so I have to book for 3 or 4 to get a reasonable time. When you check in, just tell them the correct number. No problem & no penalty for having less than the ADR is for.

I have to do this every trip for Tutto Italia. Can never get a lunch for 2 unless we want 11:30. But for 3 or 4, there are lots of choices. So I book for 3 at 12:30, show up with 2 & the place is always 3/4 empty anyway. They just set up the reservations system to limit certain party numbers. Just another one of the games we have to play for a Disney vacation. :sad2:

Enjoy Sci Fi! We love it & eat there every trip. They have the best hot fudge sundaes too!!

Last edited:

I have had good luck recently using the modify dining reservation feature. We always seem to travel with odd parties 7, 9, or 11. Very often when a party of nine isn't available, a party of 10 will be. Recently, I have been able to successfully modify several reservations down (and even once up?) a single guest immediately after being unable to book with the desired number.

Touring Plans came through for me today for an adr for 3! I cancelled the 4. I'm sure it wasn't a problem but my app wouldn't allow me to modify. The new adr is a better time too.

My date was for August 31 -- in the 60+10 range. I guess a lot of people drop their dining plans when booking fastpasses. Touring Plans got me Sci-fi and BOG so I am now good to go. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter