Chances of getting AKV in July if I buy now

Brett6646

Earning My Ears
I am looking at a contract for AKV that has banked points that must be used before August 1 . If I make the deal today and assume 90 days for ROFR and closing meaning late April closing, will I have any chance of getting a 1 bedroom standard view room at AKV in late July. Thanks

That’s what I figured, but I wasn’t sure. Do any of the resorts have July availability on that short of notice? Or is a lost cause ?

What if I were to open up to any resort in June or July, with AKV being our first choice, will this increase my odds much or is it basically fully booked for the summer. I am looking for 7 nights by the way, I didn’t mention that in the original post. Thanks again

If you tried hard, you could probably piece together something.

Select the best UY for your vacation patterns.
Buy where you love to stay.
Book at 11 months.
Buy resale if you can.
If you buy additional contracts, keep the same UY and names on deeds.
If you intend to buy a small direct contract for the perks, buy now before the minimum increases.
DVD/DVC marketing can change the perks at any time.
Perks and policies tend to change when management changes.
Expect to spend more on Disney vacations after you buy DVC.
Plan for the worse and hope for the best.

If your vacation doesn't work out for this year, save your money and pay your dues with it.

:earsboy: Bill

Ok, we are making our 4th trip in the last 6 or 7 years so we figured we were going enough and enjoyed it enough to do DVC. We are going this summer either way but it would be nice to pay towards the DVC purchase rather than paying that $ towards a room. Thanks for your help

Ok, we are making our 4th trip in the last 6 or 7 years so we figured we were going enough and enjoyed it enough to do DVC. We are going this summer either way but it would be nice to pay towards the DVC purchase rather than paying that $ towards a room. Thanks for your help

I think you have the right mindset about it. If it is the contact you are interested anyway, and are not paying extra for those soon to expire points, go for it! If you can get something, great, if not, drats. But you can still stay using cash and if I am not mistaken, you could take those soon to expire points and transfer them to RCI, extending their usefulness and making them not go to waste. I may be wrong about that last part, though, having never done it myself.

We bought last year and our points were loaded into our account April 25th. We booked a split stay for 3 weeks later in 1 bedrooms. 2 nights SSR and 4 nights BRV. Just be ready to book as soon as you can and be flexible.

If flexible on resorts and room size and you'll probably be able to get something. If flexible on dates that would be even better.

We can be flexible on dates as long as kids are out of school, that makes the window 5/20 to point expiration on 8/1. We went ahead and put a contract on the the points.If we can figure out a way to use them this summer it will be awesome but if not it was a fair price and we will use them going forward.

We pieced together a split stay 4-5 months out one summer. Spent 6 nights in 6 different DVC resorts. I was terrified that the trip would be horrible, but we still had a great time. You will most likely end up with some sort of split stay, but use it as an opportunity to explore some of the DVC resort collection. Be ready to stalk to complete your seven nights. Use 1 night wait lists to your advantage too.

As a new member I am going to have to learn the ins and outs of all these techniques. i.e. walking , stalking, 1 night wait list.

I am looking at a contract for AKV that has banked points that must be used before August 1 . If I make the deal today and assume 90 days for ROFR and closing meaning late April closing, will I have any chance of getting a 1 bedroom standard view room at AKV in late July. Thanks
Not promising anything, of course, but if things go very quickly, you could close before then. We had an accepted offer on 3/13 last year and closed on 4/23. Everything lined up quickly, however, and we had a super responsive seller. Good luck!

We are in ROFR right now and will have "use or lose" points that expire May 31. I am planning to book something, and I'm going in with the mindset that it'll happen. I am also considering booking HHI if WDW doesn't pan out. I also plan to book for September. I am the ultimate optimist, though. I always tend to assume it will all work out and that I will have fun along the way.

Good luck to us both!!

Edited to add-- RCI is also something I'll happily consider. I just see it as a chance for adventure :)

Last edited:
We went to ROFR yesterday. I hadn’t thought about HHI , that’s a good idea. As you said good luck to us both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter