Changing Home Resort

MichelleS

Earning My Ears
Is there a way for someone who has 210 points at Boardwalk but really prefers to stay at Old Key West to change their home resort?

Thank you
Michelle

Only if you purchase OKW points. They can't just be exchanged. It would be like swapping houses, can't be done.

Michelle,

you would have to sell your contract and then purchase another contract (via resale) at OKW. This would involve quite a bit of closing cost.

Of course, maybe you could find someone who wants to trade, but still there would be various fees to transfer the two memberships.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

Michelle, everyone is right you would have to sell and repurchase via resale. Closings costs are around $450 if you can find someone to trade with you without using a realtor. Have you tried the exchange board? I would think you would be able to find someone who could use your BW points for their OKW. Only problem is you are the one paying the higher dues. In a resale, you might come out okay because OKW points generally sell for less than BW and again you would have the dues savings. I haven't run #'s on this but talk to the resale agents above or Jaki at atimeshare.com

[This message was edited by kem330 on 02-05-01 at 03:17 PM.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter