Changing number of guests on ADR

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
How do I reduce the number of guests coming to dinner? I have an ADR for 6 people, but need to reduce to 2 guests. When I try it opens a new search and nothing is Available.

If you modify your existing ADR and select 2 guests it should give you the time you already have as an option. At least that has worked for me.

MDE is often a challenge, I'd just call direct and they can help you. (407) 939-3463

I would just leave it like it is. You won’t be charged as long as someone shows up.
I would call to change it. The table you are going to get as a party of six is going to way different as a party of 2. If you were 6 going down to 5, then I would not bother because you are using the same table size.

I’ve had good luck modifying in the tool. If it doesn’t work, don’t worry, going down is easy. Up is the issue.

I recently posted because I had to add someone. I had luck cancelling my current reservation on one device and then picking it up with the added person on another device. I was going from 6-7.

I would call to change it. The table you are going to get as a party of six is going to way different as a party of 2. If you were 6 going down to 5, then I would not bother because you are using the same table size.

If you let them know at check-in they'll seat you at a suitably sized table. I had an ADR for 7 and only wound up with 4 of us, we were seated at a 4 top table.

I do try to modify the ADR to the lower number, but if it doesn't work I just let them know when I check in at the restaurant. No issues, no no-show fees.

If you let them know at check-in they'll seat you at a suitably sized table. I had an ADR for 7 and only wound up with 4 of us, we were seated at a 4 top table.

I do try to modify the ADR to the lower number, but if it doesn't work I just let them know when I check in at the restaurant. No issues, no no-show fees.
So I was playing around with the MDE app and ADR's. Noticed that there was much more availability in terms of restaurants options and reservation times when the number in the party is 6 instead of 7. Hypothetically speaking if I booked a reservation for 6 people and showed up at the restaurant and told them there was an additional person in my party do you think the restaurant would have a big issue with accommodating that request? What if the extra person was a child around the age 9? Is there a big difference in table size going from 6 people to 7 people? Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this type of situation. Thank you!

With distancing requirements, I imagine this is much more important than it used to be. Planning for various sized parties can be a challenge in a good time, right now it can be downright awkward. If possible I would adjust or call. You never know when your dropping from 6 to 2 would allow another couple to get a table that otherwise wouldn't. All depends on the setup of the restaurant in order to maintain that distancing.

Hypothetically speaking if I booked a reservation for 6 people and showed up at the restaurant and told them there was an additional person in my party do you think the restaurant would have a big issue with accommodating that request?
Yes. I think it would be a big issue. Given social distancing, and most tables being able to seat an even number of diners, and most of those being four-tops, and a general reported reluctance (refusal?) to move tables together, your whole party might be turned away, or they might only be willing/able to seat six.

Just please don't. Try having two different people book ADRs for four each, and decide beforehand who's sitting together.

So I was playing around with the MDE app and ADR's. Noticed that there was much more availability in terms of restaurants options and reservation times when the number in the party is 6 instead of 7. Hypothetically speaking if I booked a reservation for 6 people and showed up at the restaurant and told them there was an additional person in my party do you think the restaurant would have a big issue with accommodating that request? What if the extra person was a child around the age 9? Is there a big difference in table size going from 6 people to 7 people? Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this type of situation. Thank you!

I think getting an ADR for 8 and showing up with 7 would be fine. Showing up with more people than you have an ADR for is always risky, though.

Thank you for everyones opinion on my question. It was more of a general question and I didn't really take into account the social distancing and limited seating that's currently being implemented at the parks. But that is an extremely good point to be made in today's climate. To be honest, I'm not planning on traveling to Disney anytime soon. Seems like adding people is way more difficult than subtracting people on a dining reservation even during "normal" times. I'll certainly take that into consideration on my future trip to Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter