Changing reservation

saintrob

DIS Veteran
I booked a bounceback at the GF whilst staying at WDW last week. I'm in the UK and once home realised that I'd booked one day too many. The reservation although linked to MDE isn't available to change online. I emailed Disney who gave me a UK 0800 number to change the reservation. After being on hold for 50 minutes the cast member said that he was unable to do anything and that I needed ring the USA but that I would also experience a wait as the lines were busy.

I again emailed Disney to ask if there was another way to amend the reservation as if the wait was lengthy I could be looking at a large phone bill. Disney have sent two generic responses which tell me to ring the USA number. Is there any way of modifying this reservation? I have it on a 30% discount but if I can't change will need to keep and hope that an AP rate is issued later in the year. We're travelling late July so hopefully I'll be able to cancel and rebook.

If you can't modify it online, you will have to call in. Perhaps consider transferring this reservation to a US based TA (like a Dreams Unlimited TA - they sponsor these boards). That TA can then handle all of this for you without a fee and without you being on hold on a US number for a long period of time.

I think that your only way forward is to use a US travel agent and transfer the reservation to them. WDW also seems to have blocked UK AP holders from accessing the US site, which I think is the only way to access the AP section. I booked a BB and I am using Marion at Small World Vacations to tweak dates etc., now that I am home and look out for AP rates. She has been fantastic and has the patience of a saint. Communication has been prompt and very easy as well. Good luck.

I've used Small World before so I think will do this again. I just find it so frustrating that as we're in the UK we have these difficulties.
Thanks for your replies.

All I can say is I fell your pain....
Had a minor meltdown over a similar problem last night. Wanted to shave one day off an existing trip, kept getting the darn Donald error messages. 30 minute call queue.

Hey mouse, it's NOT magical when you can't modify your reservation online. It's so frustrating. In my industry, it's bad customer service. Makes me want to ditch the APs next year and go visit Europe instead.

Bouncebacks can never be modified online and you will need to call the Bounceback line (not the regular reservation line) to make the change. Have you considered using Skype to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter