Character breakfast at Makahiki

Robn752

Mouseketeer
If we get a reservation for breakfast at 7am how crazy will it be? I am not a big fan of character breakfast but adult daughter wants mickey waffles. I love AK Boma buffet it is not as chaotic as most Disney buffets. We are a party of 5 adults with all different eating choices. I though buffet would work out best for us. Any thought would be great.

We loved it, I think from memory we had a 7:30 reservation.
The character meal here isn't like the parks. It is much more subdued and relaxed.
We did get Mickey waffles there, but this was last year - maybe that has changed?
We had so much fun and it is great to see the "gang" in their Hawaiian shirts, the food was also very, very good with a large variety.

We loved it, I think from memory we had a 7:30 reservation.
The character meal here isn't like the parks. It is much more subdued and relaxed.
We did get Mickey waffles there, but this was last year - maybe that has changed?
We had so much fun and it is great to see the "gang" in their Hawaiian shirts, the food was also very, very good with a large variety.
Thank you for the info. We are making reservations for breakfast. We can make them for 6:45.

the earlier you get there the less time you might have to spend in the line for the mickey photo before the buffet.

there are less tables at makahiki than boma and the amount of buffet items is roughly the same. the mickey photo before seating also helps to stagger the groups being seated so that there isn't really too much of a crowd for food. the setup is also nicely spaced so that you can start in one of several places in case 1 section does end up getting backlogged.

the activities that happen periodically with aunty (for kids) and the characters that are nearly always around also help make it very relaxed.

We did the character breakfast around 9am and it was a madhouse. Loud, busy, chaotic. Perhaps the earlier you go, the less busy it will be. We enjoyed AMA AMA breakfast the most, so if its true they have Mickey waffles there, you may want to consider that instead.

We had an 8:45 am at the Makahiki breakfast and didn't find it too chaotic, but there were definitely times during the week when we walked by and it seemed busier at least at check-in.

Mickey waffles were on the kids menu at Ama Ama last week, and my teens were able to order an adult version of the meal with 4 Mickey waffles instead of 2.

We’ve done the character breakfast twice, during different trips to Aulani. We are 6 adults who felt the breakfast offerings were especially delicious and the character interaction fun. Just one whimsical offering!

284AA05D-CADD-4A7A-B450-AE8CA9E5A140.jpeg

We’ve done the character breakfast twice, during different trips to Aulani. We are 6 adults who felt the breakfast offerings were especially delicious and the character interaction fun. Just one whimsical offering!
That is great to know. We are going to be there in 6 weeks. Now I have one less thing to worry about.

For what it is worth, the meal was less expensive at Ama Ama and you can have mickey waffles and the view is amazing. Plus a super chill relaxing peaceful way to start the morning.

We will also be there in six week. Maybe we will see you around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter