Character Heights/CP Auditions

Thank You Berlioz70.:littleangel: Do you know if 5ft .05 inches characters though are high in number?:confused3 Say more than the OLD list prior to 2008

just a question, is that 5 feet and half an inch or 5 feet 5 inches? cuz if its 5 feet 5 inches then its kind of a dead height meaning not many characters are in that range. but if it was 5 feet and a half an inch, then she should still be in the range of mice characters.

So I have a quick question that I hope someone on here can answer. So I was planning on going to the SLC, UT auditions on the 26th but I noticed today when I was on the audition page that they're doing Princess & Tinkerbell Look-alike auditions again in SLC, UT on April 16. So since that wouldn't be a full audition and just a look-alike audition would I be allowed to attend even though it wouldn't be following the six month rule? Thanks for any help!

Howdy...First post to this thread. Thanks all for great information concerning character auditions. It has been very helpful. My son is 18, just measured 5'11.75 at Dr. and is attending auditions this Sunday, March 25 in Austin. He has taken a semester of dance in school, just finished a run of "A Chorus Line" at a local theatre, so should be able to pull off at least the first level of dance. He has also worked the past two seasons at the Texas Renaissance Festival as a performer. It would be awesome if he gets through, but he is really just looking forward to the experience of a Disney audition. Hmmmm, I'm an old fart, but was a Character Performer for Six Flags in 19@(#*. LOL....Maybe I'll join him Sunday. :cool1: Anyway...Thanks again to all for the great information. I will let ya know what he comes out saying after his audition...

John...headed to the World in a few months. :)

Howdy...First post to this thread. Thanks all for great information concerning character auditions. It has been very helpful. My son is 18, just measured 5'11.75 at Dr. and is attending auditions this Sunday, March 25 in Austin. He has taken a semester of dance in school, just finished a run of "A Chorus Line" at a local theatre, so should be able to pull off at least the first level of dance. He has also worked the past two seasons at the Texas Renaissance Festival as a performer. It would be awesome if he gets through, but he is really just looking forward to the experience of a Disney audition. Hmmmm, I'm an old fart, but was a Character Performer for Six Flags in 19@(#*. LOL....Maybe I'll join him Sunday. :cool1: Anyway...Thanks again to all for the great information. I will let ya know what he comes out saying after his audition...

John...headed to the World in a few months. :)
It sounds like y'all are going to have a lot of fun! Good luck, and tell us everything! Well, everything you CAN tell...;)

Hi-
DD is a seasonal employee. She was a CP last spring. (She is a friend of Pluto.) She last worked over the Christmas/ New Year break. She has not done a color code audition since last May right before she finished her CP. It is my understanding that they are only good for a year. I keep telling her she better find out when the next color code audition is or she is going to have a problem when she tries to work this summer--she says I should chill. Any active CP's or full timers know who is right here. AND where can you find the dates of color codes, is it on the hub? Does she have to get it from a friend who is currently in WDW. (She also belongs to the Puppy facebook group so I guess they could help her out, if I could get her to believe she needed to get help :) .)

Thanks!

She's fine - SCEPS (what you're calling Color Coding) is used for training. No current scores = no additional training, but she'll still be able to work the regular M&G/Dining shifts.

It's a yearly requirement for FT'ers since they are constantly being reviewed for training opportunities, but Casting is not going to waste time/money on training a CT (seasonal) if they only work a couple weeks here and there. She should just try to attend one while she's here this summer.

Just back from taking my son to the Austin audition, and it was completely different from anything I have read on this thread. And completely different from what was said on the WDW audition site. Perhaps because there were around 200 there and they didn't start until about 2, but not sure.

First of all, when they signed in, that is all they did. Name, and circle CP, or GR. They filled out no paperwork. They took 100 in at a time to teach the movement. Very basic stuff. Marching, box step, grapevine, 3 step turn. He said they just had 3 sets of 8. They brought them back in 5 at a time to do the movement, then cut. No animation. He said he did the movement fine, but doesn't think he did it big enough. He was cut at that point.

So I am wondering why the variation in auditions? Number of auditioners perhaps? It was almost as though they did a pre-cut, before actual auditions. He also said that those staying were not doing animation next, but rather the second dance cut.

Beats me...It was a good experience, and he'll know what to expect next time. I would say that next time could seemingly be less than 6 months since all they did was sign in, and left no other information. He did enjoy it, and met some great people. Oh, he was there auditioning for seasonal, so not CP, so that may have made a difference as well. :)

But not to worry...We're going to Disneyworld...and soon :cool1:

So I am wondering why the variation in auditions? Number of auditioners perhaps? It was almost as though they did a pre-cut, before actual auditions. He also said that those staying were not doing animation next, but rather the second dance cut.
I believe I stated in a previous post that they have been making Audition cuts based on the venue and crowd size. If they do cuts, they save more time and don't have to spend their time dealing with folks who can't pass Disney Entertainment's requirements for Character Performer.

Depending on your point of view, they do a pre-cut so to say. Anything before the application, measurement of height, and picture is a pre-cut to tell you the truth. Entertainment is just looking for that perfect fit, and need specific roles filled.

Also, what is GR? I know at my auditions it was only for College Program and Full Time...

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

she's fine - sceps (what you're calling color coding) is used for training. No current scores = no additional training, but she'll still be able to work the regular m&g/dining shifts.

It's a yearly requirement for ft'ers since they are constantly being reviewed for training opportunities, but casting is not going to waste time/money on training a ct (seasonal) if they only work a couple weeks here and there. She should just try to attend one while she's here this summer.

thank you!!

I know this thread is primarily for CP auditions, BUT I'm auditioning this Thursday down in Orlando just for a regular job, not the college program. How do the auditions in Orlando usually run? How many people, how long, what does the process entail? I know there's probably some combination of movement, animation, and whatnot but I was wondering if anyone had been recently in Orlando and could describe the experience there! I imagine they probably vary a little from the auditions in other cities for the CP program but I could be wrong! Thanks!!!

I know this thread is primarily for CP auditions, BUT I'm auditioning this Thursday down in Orlando just for a regular job, not the college program. How do the auditions in Orlando usually run? How many people, how long, what does the process entail? I know there's probably some combination of movement, animation, and whatnot but I was wondering if anyone had been recently in Orlando and could describe the experience there! I imagine they probably vary a little from the auditions in other cities for the CP program but I could be wrong! Thanks!!!
This thread really covers the majority of Entertainment and Auditions since FT/CP auditions are pretty similar in taste.

Depending on what sort of auditions you are going to in Orlando, it can vary. I really only know about the CP and Face character auditions that are held there. The CP auditions are the usual Animation and Dance Routine, which I have been told a majority of the auditions adhere to with an exception. Face character auditions are the exception, as they are looking for specific body and facial characterstics based on their needs and requirements.

Do you have any idea what type of Auditions these are?

Also, check out Lana's blog entry for Face Character Auditions here: http://dointhedisney.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-and-face-character.html

Break a leg, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Hello all!

I have read through these forums and I have been thinking about auditioning. I have seen many a post on sizes and if the costume fits, however I am a little worried being plus size. I have seen a few but not many around. What are the chances that I could be a fur? Also im like 5"2 ish or shorter. :)

My main issue is my rear is like Donald's it kinda sticks out lol

Hi guys! Okay so I'm planning on applying for the college program and I want to do character performer, and I just really want to be a fur character, I don't really care about face or parades or anything. I think I'm about 5'5 and 1/2ish, would I have a chance at getting anything? I heard there's nothing for 5'5.. :confused3

Hey Guys!

So I was wondering if anyone else gave their info (resume/headshot) to the disney auditions group for consideration. I did and got a response but I wanna see if anyone has ever had this happen before.

Thanks!

I'm 5'2 without heels and I would really like to be a Princess (lots of people say I look like Belle). Do they consider things like wearing heels and such when casting for the Princesses? I have done some theater in high school and I know my character shoes have two inch heels so that would boost me up to the 5'4 mark.

Also, does anyone know the height for Wendy and/or Alice?

Thanks.

I'm 5'2 without heels and I would really like to be a Princess (lots of people say I look like Belle). Do they consider things like wearing heels and such when casting for the Princesses? I have done some theater in high school and I know my character shoes have two inch heels so that would boost me up to the 5'4 mark.

Also, does anyone know the height for Wendy and/or Alice?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I think that may be too short (unless they really like you, then they may measure you up).

Wendy and Alice end around 5'1

Hello! I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct section but this is the most recent thread on this subject that I can find!!
I have a lot of questions that has been difficult to find online and I'm not the best at navigating the Internet! So I will give a little bit about my self then ask! Ok! I am 21 and currently a nanny! For many years people (my mother and sister in particular) have been telling me I should work at Disney! And I've always thought that is sounded perfect for me I just never thought it would be possible! but now I've decided that if I dont try then I will probably always regret it! Since I have a few questions I'll list them!!
1. I want to audition for a character role (I'm not picky) I would love to do face or fur! But my question is that I do Not want to do the college program. So would I have to be a cast member and live in Orlando to audition? Or can anyone?

2. In high school I was on the dance team for two years and a cheerleader for 2 years. Would that be an advantage for me? Or are the dances SUPER advanced like balet? (around how many 8 counts?)

3. I read a post on this thread that was posted I think in 2006 that special consideration is given to people with ''extreme'' heights. I am 4'9 and I am wondering if that is still the case?

4. I would want to be a fur character or a face character I honestly have no preference but on the Disney auditions website i'm not sure which type of audition I would attend? Would I go to a face character audition?

5. I would want to audition in late summer early fall in Orlando but the website only shows auditions through June 28 would it be too risky to wait for one at a later date?

6. This question is jumping the gun but let's say when I audition I get a role, would there be easy ways to find roommates or would I live on Disney property keep in mind I will nOt be doing the college program?

7. I'm under the impression that the audition process is first cut is on overall appearance, then learning a dance, the animation (like decorating a Christmas three) then a final cut?? When wOuld you find out if they will hire me?

I'm so sorry for so many questions!! I just know that y'all have to most knowledge on the subject from all the researching!! So does it seem like I shOuld do it? WHat would my chances be? If there is anything I've missed and y'all think I shOuld know please let me know!! Also what would my weight need to be for my height range 4'9?? Also what wOuld my process be for not doing the college program and doing it full time instead?

Ok I'm done!! Thank you all so much!!

Also I'm so sorry for my grammar!! I am posting from my iPhone which is difficult!! Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter