Cheaper to buy things here or in the US?

starshine73

All I really want is to be at WDW
I am just realizing how many things I still have to buy for our upcoming trip! (FILM, sunscreen, bottled water, bug spray, shoes, etc.)
Would it be cheaper to buy these items now (we are driving), or pick them up on the way down. I will want to stop at super Walmart or something anyways, so it wouldn't be an extra stop.
Thanks in advance for any advice!:D

I dont think very much is cheaper in the states. The dollar is just to low. Buy your necessities here. Film is expensive down there.

Buy as much as you can here!!!! We travel to the US quite frequently and find things are usually cheaper here. The big exception is clothing only because they have better sales. So especially for grocery and hygenie items buy them in Canada.

Allison

Buy here if you can. Especially sunscreen and film. I buy everything I can here and I'm thrilled I do when I see the prices in the states. Even at the Super Walmart in Kissimmee, I bought red bell peppers and grapes there in 1998 and they were twice are expensive as here. S

What we usally do is make a concious effort to know an approx. price for things we may want/need to buy while in the states. Like someone said clothes are usually way cheaper. Some food/snacks are cheaper. One way we usually try to figure things out is to add another half to the price and that what it would approx. work out to be in Canadian dollars. We love to shop and somethings we don't have here yet and you just have to get it!
Twinz

I also find that clothes and sometimes shoes (payless) can be cheaper there only if they have a sale! Otherwise buy as much up here as possible. If you do find something there cheaper, it will be a bonus for next time!

Scratch
:smooth:

Well I guess I will be doing some shopping here before we go! I will still plan on picking up snacks and wine coolers before we arrive at WDW, and hopefully some nice shoes for DH.:D Thanks again everyone!

I find groceries to be much cheaper here so those kinds of things and sundries I would buy berfore hand especially if you are driving you will have room.

As long as you don't buy the missing items at WDW, you should be okay :p Some of their prices are really out there ... And other things, like aloe lotion for sunburns, I couldn't even find :rolleyes:

Don't forget to also stop at the duty free shop for those coolers and such on the way down:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter