• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cheapest place to get Universal tickets?

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Oddly, of the 3 places I've checked, directly from Universal has been the cheapest. UCT is 2783, Sams is 3003 and Universal was 2649. And that was including taxes in all the prices. This is for 6 "Adults" and 2 kids. Btw it irks me that a 10 yr old is adult prices. Are there any other legit places I should check?

Just a heads up on UCT, I bought 3 day 2 park tickets for next week during a Black Friday sale which made them a little cheaper. I had to cancel the tickets for my son and wife due to an injury and rebook their portion of the trip for September. UCT can't change the dates so they refunded the tickets (it did take two days to get someone), but the catch is they keep 5% which would have made the direct tickets cheaper.

Yeah, the whole date based part messes up some of the advantage of UT. It was nice when you could just buy a ticket and use it anytime within the year. I find it odd the OP was getting a lower price directly from Universal though, I have not seen that before with multiday tickets.

Oddly, of the 3 places I've checked, directly from Universal has been the cheapest. UCT is 2783, Sams is 3003 and Universal was 2649. And that was including taxes in all the prices. This is for 6 "Adults" and 2 kids. Btw it irks me that a 10 yr old is adult prices. Are there any other legit places I should check?
Are you military or know any friends that are? They brought back our awesome military pass for this year! We got a year pass with no blackouts or discounts for $199 2 parks adult and $195 2 parks children up to 10. They will let you add the water park for a total of $235/$240! This is per person! It expires 31 December of this year!

Are you military or know any friends that are? They brought back our awesome military pass for this year! We got a year pass with no blackouts or discounts for $199 2 parks adult and $195 2 parks children up to 10. They will let you add the water park for a total of $235/$240! This is per person! It expires 31 December of this year!

Can Military purchase for friends? That's an awesome deal.

Yeah, the whole date based part messes up some of the advantage of UT. It was nice when you could just buy a ticket and use it anytime within the year. I find it odd the OP was getting a lower price directly from Universal though, I have not seen that before with multiday tickets.
Right? I thought it was crazy too. I thought it would be a little cheaper at least

That’s what I thought so it doesn’t really work unless you are traveling with them.

What do you mean? It only has to be Activated by the service member. Once I activated them, I gave them to my mom and loaded them onto her phone. You do not need to be present with them at all. They didn’t even need to be present at activation, it was our first day so everyone was there. The only thing needed to activate their passes was my Mil ID and their Names and Birthday to verify with the electronic records that was used to process the ticket at the MWR.

Once Activated, we never saw my family until Christmas Eve. We went to Disney while they enjoyed their days at USO/IOA.

So, if any of your friends are traveling before you, they can activate the passes for you and you’re all set. Maybe reach out and ask?

My friend drove all the way to Orlando just to activate the passes for her family and came back the next day. (6 hours of driving each way) Her friends she activated for paid her for her time and gas. Maybe something to consider?

When are you going? I know a few people who love helping people and maybe can assist you.

Last edited:
oh ok. See Starry Solo said you'd said you were with them when they were activated so I assumed they got activated the 1st time at the park. So I didn't put words in your mouth she did. Thank you very much for explaining.
She posted that she was there with them when it was activated.
What do you mean? It only has to be Activated by the service member. Once I activated them, I gave them to my mom and loaded them onto her phone. You do not need to be present with them at all. They didn’t even need to be present at activation, it was our first day so everyone was there. The only thing needed to activate their passes was my Mil ID and their Names and Birthday to verify with the electronic records that was used to process the ticket at the MWR. I’d appreciate you don’t try putting words into my mouth.

Once Activated, we never saw my family until Christmas Eve. We went to Disney while they enjoyed their days at USO/IOA.

Reactions: cm8
oh ok. See Starry Solo said you'd said you were with them when they were activated so I assumed they got activated the 1st time at the park. So I didn't put words in your mouth she did. Thank you very much for explaining.

I think what is confusing is that the poster said everyone was there... "It was our first date so everyone was there."

based on what she is now saying is that the passes can be "activated" at any time by the service member and given to the user to use for another date... That it doesn't need to be used on the same date it is activated

A question about buying tickets for Disney through Sams Club, they say E tickets, will I have trouble attaching them to my MDE? Also, if we had to cancel, would these still be honored the way ones bought through the Disney site would be, where the price of the ticket can be used towards a different ticket purchased at a later date? Anyone deal with this through Sams?

A question about buying tickets for Disney through Sams Club, they say E tickets, will I have trouble attaching them to my MDE? Also, if we had to cancel, would these still be honored the way ones bought through the Disney site would be, where the price of the ticket can be used towards a different ticket purchased at a later date? Anyone deal with this through Sams?
I purchased e-tickets for a May trip from another ticket vendor and they came with a reservation number that I used to add them to MDE. As long as no days are used you can change the dates of the tickets and the price paid will be put towards the new total.

They have a special going on right now on the UO site. Get 2 days free
Yup! I think it's crazy that 5 days in the park is only $100 more total than our 2 day tickets. I totally want to add days, but my husband doesn't want to extend the trip more. Silly job and all he's got to get back to. lol!!

Sams Club has really cheap Halloween Horror Nights tickets (30 bucks less than what universal wanted for those nights). Might be worth checking there?

What do you mean? It only has to be Activated by the service member. Once I activated them, I gave them to my mom and loaded them onto her phone. You do not need to be present with them at all. They didn’t even need to be present at activation, it was our first day so everyone was there. The only thing needed to activate their passes was my Mil ID and their Names and Birthday to verify with the electronic records that was used to process the ticket at the MWR.

So, if any of your friends are traveling before you, they can activate the passes for you and you’re all set. Maybe reach out and ask?

My friend drove all the way to Orlando just to activate the passes for her family and came back the next day. (6 hours of driving each way) Her friends she activated for paid her for her time and gas. Maybe something to consider?

When are you going? I know a few people who love helping people and maybe can assist you.

Thanks for the explanation. My brother and father are retired military, but they live in CT/ME. Trying to figure out how I could make this work with one of them buying and activating the passes in person for my September trip (would be a big money saver!) 🙃. Maybe I’ll be able to make it work - but before your explanation I didn’t even know this was an option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter