Cheapest place to pick up an Uber or Lyft near Yacht Club?

disneyduonj

Mouseketeer
I'm doing an Illuminations cruise and staying at Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort. Does anyone know where it's cheapest to pick up from in that area? I don't mind walking 10-15 minutes.
I'm showing $30-35 from yacht club.

I'm doing an Illuminations cruise and staying at Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort. Does anyone know where it's cheapest to pick up from in that area? I don't mind walking 10-15 minutes.
I haven't used ride sharing a lot, but doesn't the cost have more to do with distance/demand than specific location? I don't think it matters where you actually call for one.

I'm not sure how your price came back that high, unless it was during a surge pricing. I looked at the Lyft app and ride.guru and most were around $12 and 9 miles. Were you looking at something like the Lyft/Uber XL?

I'm not sure how your price came back that high, unless it was during a surge pricing. I looked at the Lyft app and ride.guru and most were around $12 and 9 miles. Were you looking at something like the Lyft/Uber XL?
Ohh, that might have been it. It was last night around 9 I think. Thanks so much!!

There's nowhere you can walk to that's going to be significantly cheaper. Having said that, those fares are high. I would expect a Lyft to cost less than $15. Where are you finding those fares estimates?

There's nowhere you can walk to that's going to be significantly cheaper. Having said that, those fares are high. I would expect a Lyft to cost less than $15. Where are you finding those fares estimates?
It was on the Lyft website but I think my problem was I was doing it when there was probably a high demand... 9pm on a Saturday night.
This makes me feel much better about my dexideci to not rent a car!

Yes sounds like surge pricing. If it’s surge, walking a little further won’t matter. The surge usually covers the entire area. Options are to pay the fee, check another option (Uber) or go get some dessert and coffee and wait it out.

Yes sounds like surge pricing. If it’s surge, walking a little further won’t matter. The surge usually covers the entire area. Options are to pay the fee, check another option (Uber) or go get some dessert and coffee and waiting it out.
Got it. We'll be waiting it out. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Either Beach Club or Boardwalk would be a little shorter walk than Yacht Club. The fares for all three appear to be the same -- about $11-$12.

Have both apps on your phone and price-check. They do NOT surge the same, nor are their prices always the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter