• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest way to do Fantasmic Dinner Pkg.?

Hunnypot

Earning My Ears
I'd love to do the Fantasmic dinner package this year (the thought of waiting 2 hours with the little ones doesn't sound like fun) but there are not many dining options. Brown Derby is out -- too expensive. H&V sounds okay but I only do buffets for the character interaction. How is Melrose's? Does a pizza count as an adult entree or do I have to get a full meal? Those of you that have done it please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

I haven't done it yet myself. But from reading other posts you can do Mama Melrose's and order pizza and this is the cheapest way to go. I will be giving it a try in a few weeks. Hope it works!

We did do the Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine in May because it was the only restaurant we could get into on the date we wanted. The food was actually quite good - they had a great selection of salads, meats, chicken, fish, etc. And the kids part of the buffet had chicken tenders, etc. (Adults could get food from the kid's line as well.) Don't rule it out simply because it was a buffet!

Mama's is definitely the cheapeast way to do it. We've done the package at that restaurant three times, and nothing has ever been said about the "ordering an entree" requirement. I've gotten the pizza once and my picky oldest child has gotten a $6 kids meal each time (last time he ordered two of them, though). If you want to splurge a little bit the fillet is under $20 and a wonderful meal.

We have been to both H & V and Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg. We liked Mama Melrose's MUCH better! We asked our server if the pizza counted as an adult entree. Not only was the answer "yes", he also said if we wanted just a plain cheese pizza they could do that for us. (We had 2 teens with us and they weren't to crazy about some of the pizza offerings.) After some discussion they decided to try the four cheese pizza and the mushroom pizza. Much to their surprise they loved it! The total bill for 4 adults and one child was about $20 cheaper than H & V!

I agree with the above posters...Mama Melrose for 3 adults and 2 children was 68.00 plus tip!

Definately cheaper that the alternatives..and very very good!!!

Will someone tell me where I where I can get information on the Fantasmic dinner package.

Thanks alot.

We did Mama Melroses last year too for Fantasmic package. Cost us for 2 adults, 2 kids $50 plus tip.
We all got pizzzas. I thought it was reasonable.

Believe it or not, we actually were right by the entrance to Fantasmic that night and walked in at 7:30 and got great seats. I still was happy that I booked Fantasmic just in case there were no seats available.

The way I look at it, you have to eat dinner somewhere, so book the package and if you do not use the seats, it will be available for someone else.

Mama's also had great air conditioning. Great place to cool off.

$50 for pizza? Please forgive me, but that sounds really expensive to me. Did everyone have pizza?

Yes we all had pizza. I believe it was about $8-9 per pizza. DH & I had toppings which brought the price up. We each had sodas , dH had 2 glasses of wine. I think I also had a salad. With tax and tip that is what it came out to. We paid more for that at our character breakfast. So this was great for me.

Thanks for replying, Minijeanie. I didn't think about adding alcoholic beverages in there. I know that would bring the price up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter