Cheapest way to get from airport to hotel

Sable

Earning My Ears
I know there must be many forms of transportation, anyone know the cheapest way for me and my two kids to get to HRH? I don't want to spend too much so limos are out of the question. Any suggestions?

Actually a luxury sedan, from a car service would be cheaper than a shuttle for example from Mears, or a taxi cab. Additional benefits of a car service are the meet and greet at the baggage area of airport, and no lines for your ride, no ridesharing, and direct service to your hotel.

You pay for the service, not for each person as with a shuttle service.

We have and in two weeks are again using Happy Limo, rates are great, service exceptional, and you can even go shopping to stock up on snacks, etc to keep in your room along the way. To stop at a grocery store is included in the ride to the hotel.

Hopes this helps.
http://www.happylimo.com

Hi! Webmaster Pete recommends FL Tours ... a great guy named Andy owns the company, and if you do a search for FL Tours on these Boards, you will see that he has a large following of DISers. For our large Land/Sea group, we had reserved transfers by DCL, but Andy has cut our price by over $300!!! Try www.fltours.com.

:) Kim

No offense to webmaster pete, or to fltours (I do realize that they are a board sponsor), but I have emailed them for price quotes, never a response, nothing, not even a phone call. I am probably the exception rather than the norm, but.......take it from there.

That's really weird... Andy answered 3 different e-mails from me last night, and I had never contacted FL Tours before. PM me if you want me to e-mail him for you! :)

If your kids are 4-11 Mears (shuttle service) will cost you $61. A town car servcie will be more enjoyable but will cost over $100 (including gratuities).

Is there a bus or other hotel shuttle that is a little cheaper? $61 seems expensive for one way. Is the airport really far from the hotels? It just seems high compared to other places I've flown into.

Maybe I should rent a car if a town car is $100 one way, or $200 round trip, for $200 I could rent a car for the whole week. But actually, I'd just like to find a cheap way to and from the airport.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions - keep em coming.

Sorry for not being clearer, $61 is for 1 adult and 2 children round trip. I assumed you needed to get back to the airport. Really the cheapest way to go.

The town car rates are about $100 (plus tip) round trip.

If you rent a car the Universal hotels charge for self-parking.

Thanks - sorry if I misunderstood - I guess for round trip that's not too bad. Appreciate all the info. My kids saw a picture of a Hummer Limo on one of the transportation sites - now guess what they are begging for a ride in!

That was Happy Limo, the company that I am using, and told you about in the first reply. Nice Hummer.

Just to clarify, most the the town car services are $80-100 round trip airport to hotels. Many have coupons on their websites too for $5 off. Then that tip gets in there for $10-20.
We've had Tiffany Town Cars before with great service and have them reserved for our next trip at $80, not including coupon.

I'm not telling my boys that Happy Limo has Hummers;) Do they cost extra?

Just to reclarify the reclarification, true the trip one way is in the $80 range, with the written quote I got, all costs INCLUDING gratuity are included. The quote was broken down:

*** Routing & Pickup and Drop off Details ***

*** Rates & Charges ****
Basic Rate 70.00
Gratuity 14.00
Discount 6.00
TOTAL DUE 78.00

When you find company you are interested in, do not go by the website price, email them with your itinerary, and ask for a quote, many times they will beat the internet price, and will also price match any competitor.

AND the price for the Hummer quoted to me from the airport to the Hotel ONE WAY $275.00, needless to say the Hummer is NOT reserved in my name.:hyper: :earseek: :earseek:

I checked out the "Humezine" for my sons about a month ago. I was quoted $538 ($440 plue 20% driver fee) roundtrip from MCO to RPR. ........need I say more? lol oh, that DOES include an extra SUV to follow with your luggage!

I have used taxis two different occasions, both off season, non rush hour. It was terrific. I didn't have to wait for a shuttle and it left when I wanted it to!

Ok, after asking everyone for the cheapest way to get to the hotel, I was going to take a shuttle, but then decided to look into getting a town car. I went to the Happy Limo site, to look up rates. My kids came in and saw the pictures of the limos on the computer, and begged me to take them in a limo. A stretch limo. They have always been crazy about limos, and never have been in one. So I dropped the idea of trying to save money, and instead, booked a stretch limo for the three of us.

My confirmation said to call Happy Limo on their toll free number once we got into the airport, even though they know exactly what flight I'm on and what time it gets in. So when I get in the airport, I call them - except I keep getting a recording that the toll free number is temporarily out of service. Well it's not a toll free call for me, because every time I call on my cell phone out of my home area, I'm on roam, and it's like $1.50 to call each time and get this message that their number is temporarily out of service.

Well I thought maybe the driver would be waiting in the baggage claim area since we could not reach them by phone - but no such luck - even though all the other car services had drivers there with nice little signs, waiting for their people right by the ground transportation area - no sign of ours. I had specifically told Happy Limo that we would not have any bags to claim, since we had carry ons - so they certainly knew we would be ready to go as soon as we got off the plane. But no sign of anyone around.

After trying to call them a total of 9 times on the toll free number, I went and looked up the direct number. Finally got through, and was told to meet our driver in space number A-35, a huge long walk with our suitcases to the very end of the building. We got there, and there was no car or driver. We waited about ten minutes, then went back upstairs to see if he was waiting for us in baggage claim. No sign, so we called again - now the 11th time I tried to call them. Well apparently they had just sent the driver out - and said it would be about ten minutes. I was furious. It was now more than 45 minutes since our plane had landed, and still no limo. The dispatcher curtly told me that if I didn't want to wait I could take a cab - and I would have, except my kids were so pumped about the limo, I couldn't take it away from them. Finally they limo arrived - now almost an hour since I had gotten off the plane. They spelled my kids names wrong on the sign too, even though I gave the the spelling in writing.

The driver was just ok, rather quiet and reserved. He loaded a Pinnochio video on the DVD, but my kids are 10 and 12 so they weren't very interested. Apparently the driver had no other age appropriate videos, so we just turned it off and put on the radio. Of course once we pulled up to our hotel, he was Mr. Personality, and offered to take photos of all of us in the limo. But overall, the experience with Happy Limo was very frustrating and I would not recommend them. Their dispatcher was very rude, and we spent almost an hour waiting for our Limo, while all the other limo drivers were waiting inside for their parties we had to go traipsing around looking for ours, and wasting my cell phone calls on them. A definite thumbs down for Happy Limo.

Of course when we pulled up to the Hard Rock in a stretch limo, everyone was looking because they thought it might be some famous rock star in the limo. What a disappointment it must have been when everyone saw a bedraggled mother and her two kids get out!:(

wow, do I feel like a ******* for recommending them. Sorry for the bad experience.

I leave this friday and am expecting them to meet and greet me, now I am having second thoughts.

Hope the rest of the trip was wonderful, by the way, did you reserve them for the return trip to the A/P? how was that? I have the service reserved for several trips while in Orlando, and do not want any problems.

Originally posted by crashresq
wow, do I feel like a ******* for recommending them. Sorry for the bad experience.

I leave this friday and am expecting them to meet and greet me, now I am having second thoughts.

Hope the rest of the trip was wonderful, by the way, did you reserve them for the return trip to the A/P? how was that? I have the service reserved for several trips while in Orlando, and do not want any problems.

Hey, don't feel bad, it could be that they do a great job for someone else, and perhaps I should give them the benefit of the doubt. Everyone makes mistakes. But one thing is, they definitely do not come inside and meet you like the other drivers do - you have to call and then go find them. So you may want to find a service that will be there waiting for you instead of you waiting for them. I did not use them for the return trip because we were visiting relatives in Vero Beach after the Universal trip and had a ride back to the airport. Enjoy your trip.

Meet and Greet costs the drivers money. They have to pay an extra fee to leave the car when they get you. Sounds like some of the services are deleting that perk so they can discount their prices.

Sounds like we now have to ask if the price includes "meet and greet" and a grocery stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter