Check Out Day Hang Up Phone Calls at BW

Originally posted by pentex
I feel I shouldn't have to leave my phone off the hook for privacy. What if there was an emergency at home and someone had to call me?
I agree. I have an elderly mother, and I need to be reachable.

They can easily ask at check-in what time you expect to leave. It's far less of an intrusion than the hang up calls. And besides, I expect all of us to run down to get something to eat for breakfast on checkout day, then return to the room, freshen up, and check out (by 10 AM). If they call while we're at breakfast, that obviously doesn't mean we're gone. And the latch obviously won't be on the door...I don't want ANYONE entering my room when I'm not expecting them, altho I will leave out the Do Not Disturb Sign. (Our first DVC trip is to the BWV in November. :D )

When I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in June for ONE night, we left at 7 AM the next morning to hit the parks, and I just grabbed our bill, and left. Never read it till I got home, and it had requested a call to the front desk when we were leaving. Oops!
:eek: I felt terrible.

<Did their tactic work? Did you leave your room any earlier than you were planning to as a result of the hang-up?>

Original poster here!
Nope, in fact, it made us even later. We tried to get back to sleep, couldn't, got up all irritable, things were all at sixes and sevens - you know how it is. Truly unpleasant. Then they called and hung up again, which led to an angry phone discussion with housekeeping....argghhh!

Last May, I was at OKW alone. I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. At about 9, housekeeping knocked. I was in my undies, and got discombobulated for a second when I heard the knock. I was scrambling into my clothes and shouting "just a minute" when the housekeeper let herself in!!
She was embarassed (me too!) and yammered something about being told to "do this room first." So much for the Do Not Disturb sign. (No hangup phone calls, tho.)

Yegads, what to do??

It happened to us at BWV last week--call at about 8:15 with no one there. Of course it didn't change our plans. We were flying home that day and didn't change our time to leave for the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter