Checking DVC availability for a non-member

Dizney12Fan

Earning My Ears
Long story short- I didn’t know you if you want to rent a DVC room you have to book 11 months out and my family reunion is in June! I have searched countless hrs for any available DVC villas! But there’s nothing! So now my only option is to look into becoming a member. :/ Unfortunately you can’t look at the DVC availability calendar if you’re not a member! But I don’t want to spend that enormous amount of money to just find out there aren’t any villas available! So I’m hoping that a DVC member on here would be kind enough to just tell me if there is any availably at the grand Californian from June 25-July 2. That would be AWESOME! And THANK YOU!!!!

Long story short- I didn’t know you if you want to rent a DVC room you have to book 11 months out and my family reunion is in June! I have searched countless hrs for any available DVC villas! But there’s nothing! So now my only option is to look into becoming a member. :/ Unfortunately you can’t look at the DVC availability calendar if you’re not a member! But I don’t want to spend that enormous amount of money to just find out there aren’t any villas available! So I’m hoping that a DVC member on here would be kind enough to just tell me if there is any availably at xxxxx from ##-## That would be AWESOME! And THANK YOU!!!!
That would be against board rules.

But what I can tell you is that buying DVC just to book a trip in the near future is not a good idea. DVC is a multi-year commitment. You purchase in order to be in it for the long term. You would be better off trying to rent points from an owner. They can tell you right away if there is any availability for your nights and preferred resort.

Long story short- I didn’t know you if you want to rent a DVC room you have to book 11 months out and my family reunion is in June! I have searched countless hrs for any available DVC villas! But there’s nothing! So now my only option is to look into becoming a member. :/ Unfortunately you can’t look at the DVC availability calendar if you’re not a member! But I don’t want to spend that enormous amount of money to just find out there aren’t any villas available! So I’m hoping that a DVC member on here would be kind enough to just tell me if there is any availably at the grand Californian from June 25-July 2. That would be AWESOME! And THANK YOU!!!!
You might want to check the rent/trade board and see if somebody a) has points to rent and b) is willing to work around your dates. Someone there might have the flexibility to keep an eye out for a few days.

Also the board sponsor has pre-booked reservations. They may not cover the perfect date range, but it may let you split a rental and a cash stay if you're heart is set on some time in grand cal

As mentioned, we do not allow people,e to post availability as it changes so often that until you can book, it doesn’t really matter.

But, at this late date, I think what you would tough but agree you should not buy just for one trip.

VGC is completely booked for that time, for all villas.

Disney is not currently selling VGC, and even if you were fortunate enough to find and buy a resale contract, it would be a long shot to complete the sale and get the points in time to book something for your dates. Sorry. Hope you can work something else out for your reunion.

i think it's incredibly unlikely that there is ever more than a random night or maybe two at VGC at any time of year within 7 months out. VGC is always in very high demand.
They would need another glitch :rotfl2:

So I’m hoping that a DVC member on here would be kind enough to just tell me if there is any availably at the grand Californian from June 25-July 2.

I don't even need to log into the system to know that June 25-July 2 at VGC is not available. I mean is it ever?

At this point you'd have to join a waitlist to buy VGC. Assuming you eventually get the call to do so in 2025, you can buy it and then maybe book it 11 months out....

Add to your considerations the fact that, for the dates you want, there was nothing available in any room size at VGC at four months out in any prior year since 2014 (in 2020 VGC was closed for that time period due to the pandemic, but before four months out, and before the closure was announced, the rooms had been fully reserved)

VGC is the smallest out of all of the DVC Resorts. Depending on how the 2-bedroom lock-offs are booked, there can be as few as 48 rooms available up to a max of 71.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter