Cheer/Dance Season Looking Like A Go

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
College Cheerleading And Dance Championships has been moved from its traditional January dates to April 27-28.

https://www.varsity.com/uca/school/competitions/college-nationals/
Looks like the High School Cheerleading Championships will keep their traditional dates with Pop Century/All-Star Movies/CSR hosting.

https://www.varsity.com/uca/school/competitions/high-school-nationals/
Assuming most of the others will happen as well and of course I would think Cancellations have to be a possibility.

Around here, cheer and dance haven't been allowed to do competition routines and stunting, or even to practice vocal cheers. I know sports are handled differently in different states, but it'll be interesting to see if this is really a go.

It's hard to believe Disney would allow this, but doesn't allow stage shows, etc.

Perhaps they plan to have them stay at one of the still closed All Stars and do a mini-bubble?

Think it depends on the area the comp is in.
Just got word that NCA.. huge allstar cheer event in Dallas (February) is still a go. But they are limiting audiences to parents only. After the team is done.. you must clear the building.
My kids are scheduled for DC , battle of capitol. Rooms are booked. No word on how that’s gonna go down

our studio had dance the world booked for june 2020 and it got pushed to June 2021, so far no word on it being cancelled again. Just waiting.

Around here, cheer and dance haven't been allowed to do competition routines and stunting, or even to practice vocal cheers. I know sports are handled differently in different states, but it'll be interesting to see if this is really a go.

I feel like the last competition my dance studio entered was virtual. And since my region just scrapped all interstate hockey competitions I highly doubt we'll be traveling for any dance competitions any time soon.

I feel like the last competition my dance studio entered was virtual. And since my region just scrapped all interstate hockey competitions I highly doubt we'll be traveling for any dance competitions any time soon.

Wasn’t it odd how Varsity cancelled cheer before dance? I never got full understanding.

Perhaps they plan to have them stay at one of the still closed All Stars and do a mini-bubble?

Doesn't look like it-appears they are going to mix in the High School Championship athletes at All-Star Movies/Pop Century/CSR.

Doesn't look like it-appears they are going to mix in the High School Championship athletes at All-Star Movies/Pop Century/CSR.

That would seem to go against any kind of safety protocols Disney has instituted. Are they cheering in masks?

That would seem to go against any kind of safety protocols Disney has instituted. Are they cheering in masks?
No.

From the High School site.

• Physical distancing protocols will be in place and enforced.
  • Increased sanitization measures throughout venues, including enhanced cleaning protocols, hand sanitization stations and more frequent cleaning of performance surfaces.
  • Face coverings will be required for everyone, except for athletes when on the practice and performance floors. Adults and children two and older will be required to wear masks.
  • All attendees (including coaches, athletes, spectators, and Varsity Spirit staff) will be asked to monitor their own health prior to attending an event and follow the CDC guidelines for protecting themselves and others. We strongly suggest you get tested for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Florida.
  • Experiences will be modified in order to reduce contact whenever possible. This will include check-in, orientation, transportation, modified housekeeping at the resorts, cashless transactions whenever possible, etc.
  • All participants, coaches and spectators will be required to undergo a temperature screening with no-touch thermometers before entering the venues at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
  • Spectators viewing may be limited to team performance times only. Awards may have limited spectators, coaches and athletes or be completely virtual.
  • The Walt Disney World Resort is operating at a limited capacity and theme park reservations will be required. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same day are required. Stay tuned for more information on how you can receive your Park Ticket Numbers in advanced in order to book your park reservations early.

Vaccines may be out by then so that may weigh into it. Got an email at work (medical center) that we are gearing up to get ready to distribute them.

Our High School team has a bid to nationals (On calendar for Feb), but Varsity has released a letter that it will be moved to mid to late March in the spring.
ESPN still shows the Feb dates.

Our High School team has a bid to nationals (On calendar for Feb), but Varsity has released a letter that it will be moved to mid to late March in the spring.
ESPN still shows the Feb dates.
I thought that might be the case when Disney moved back the opening of All-Star Movies.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in this. We are seeing competitions canceled weekly.
Agreed. My girls do All Star Cheer and they are currently not even allowed to stunt in practice or to work on new tumbling skills. Our state has a no contact policy so all of our All Star Cheer competitions are currently on hold, even choreography weekend was cancelled. It’s not looking good for my kids because the gym opted to skip the uniform and big, blingy bow they use at competition; instead, we’ve purchased new practice wear from Rebel in case competitions resume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter