Chef Mickey's Dinner, Cape May Cafe (breakfast, dinner) to resume in May; Tusker House opening June 20th

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Last edited:
So what time is this opening tomorrow? We are staying at BC so I want to get Cape May!

Disney Food Blog is reporting that Cape May does not open until May 18th.

The link to Disney Parks Blog for this article is no longer working.

I'll be in trying to book in the morning!

Any guesses as to when Tusker house will reopen? Hoping it opens for our June 20 trip...

I meant reservations. We won’t be there until June!
Appears from the WDW webiste that breakfast at Cape May will start at 7:30 a.m..

ADR's usually open at 6:00 a.m. EST online, 7:00 a.m. if calling by phone.

I had no trouble (at 6am Eastern time!) getting a Cape May reservation for exactly when I wanted it-8:15 June 21. We are at YC, and it's our resort day. Now to confess-if characters aren't there by then, and yes I know that is a good probability, I may cancel and go back to my original plans which was to stroll on over to Boardwalk Bakery and mobile order.

Yay! I was able to get a Chef Mickey’s Dinner and a Cape May breakfast. I was having all sorts of trouble with the app and website but they went through. My son’s only request was Chef Mickey’s, so I was glad to get something. I truthfully don’t care about breakfast but it’s my mom’s favorite meal and we are staying at BC and it’s our last day there so it seemed like a good idea! Thanks for all the info

I got Chef Mickey’s for dinner on Memorial Day since that’s my pool day at GF, and Cape May for breakfast on 6/2 since that’s my pool day at YC. Can’t wait!

So happy I saw that bookings were opening this morning! I was able to reserve starting at 5:45 EST, and I got what we were looking for- 5 pm July 22. It looks like everything else on that date is booked now.

We booked Cape May this morning for May 28rh but will cancel if characters aren't back by then. We are hoping they are just working out some logistics.

What am I missing? Why book dinner there without the crab legs all you can eat deal? The dinner is wildly overpriced and not very good without the crab legs. Can't help but feel as if Disney is trying to incorporate cost-cutting measures they wanted to incorporate pre-pandemic and are blaming it on the pandemic.

What am I missing? Why book dinner there without the crab legs all you can eat deal? The dinner is wildly overpriced and not very good without the crab legs. Can't help but feel as if Disney is trying to incorporate cost-cutting measures they wanted to incorporate pre-pandemic and are blaming it on the pandemic.
I guess I'm not seeing how it is wildly overpriced - by Disney standards that is. It is the basically the same price as all of the other family style meals at Disney World such as Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, or Crystal Palace.

As far as the menu, crab legs included would certainly be nice, but I would not say what they are offering is really all that limited. Seafood boil, steak and roasted chicken along with typical sides, salad and desserts.

I understand it is not what it once was with the buffet. But I really cannot see how this meal is any less of a value than just about any other table service meal at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter