Chef Mickey's vs 'Ohana for character breakfast?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I can't make up my mind with these adrs, having second thoughts about all my choices. Torn about switching current 'Ohana breakfast to Chef Mickey's, my son loves the fab five. :(

If he loves the fab 5, I would do Chef Mickey's then. Out of all the meals, breakfast is the better meal, in my opinion.

I can't speak to Chef Mickey's as I haven't been there. However, I've been to 'Ohana breakfast twice, once this past August and once four years ago. First breakfast was with my sons and extended family, second was just my sons and myself. Both breakfasts were really good. We loved the juice and food, we loved not having to get up for a buffet, and the wait staff both trips were just fantastic (getting hot coffee to us right away, quick waffle refills, etc.).

Even better, IMO, was the character interaction. The characters at 'Ohana are wonderful interacting with everyone at the table, adults and kids. They were just spectacular with my sons this past trip. Imagine two boys ages 10 and 12 who wanted to play rock paper scissors with Mickey just as the parade was about to start. Mickey let them know (using hand gestures) that he would be back after the parade...and urged them to join him in the parade. Well, they are 10 and 12, so eventually (reluctantly) made it to the rear of the parade and came back to our table early. But Mickey didn't forget, and as soon as the parade was over, he was back at our table challenging the boys to rock paper scissors. It was just fantastic. The other characters, especially Pluto, were really good too.

As I said, I can't speak for Chef Mickey's. But 'Ohana breakfast has been really good to my family.

Agree if Fab Five is the favorite, Chef Mickey's. Stitch is great! So I would lean to Ohana Food is better at Ohana. It is served family style and different than your typical buffet food.

I say Chef Mickey's if it's all about the fab five. However if that is not the only driving factor since you have to eat there too, then I would pick Ohana. I prefer the food, atmosphere and service over Chef Mickeys. However if it's strictly about characters, than go CM. I love the family style food service for AYCTE, the parade during breakfast, the food is really good, and you still get to meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Much calmer atmosphere than CM. The acoustics of the Contemporary make it a little loud. I know alot of ppl love CM but it's just not for us.

I am probably in the minority with this opinion, but I hated the food at Ohana's breakfast.

I'm not sure if the food at Chef Mickey's is any better, but hey--it's the Fab Five! Hav fun.

We've done Chef Mickey's breakfast 3x and had a great time all 3 times. The food has always been hot and fresh and the characters are lots of fun.

I may be in the minority, but I thought the food at Chef Mickey's was actually better than Ohana. We were totally unimpressed with Ohana. The food was cold, eggs runny. Their infamous cinnamon bread was cold and gooey, as it was probably frozen. The characters were slow and the CMs were unfriendly. Total waste of time and money.

Thanks everyone! I am so torn, it is ridiculously hard for me to choose. Right now I have 'Ohana but he really does not know Lilo and Stitch and he loved Chef Mickey's in the past. I thought it would be fun to try somewhere new but am now totally second guessing all of my choices. :confused::faint::confused3:hyper2:o_O

Just done both this week with our DS (4). We preferred the food at ‘Ohana’s but had amazing character interaction at Chef Mickey’s - I would flip a coin!!

If your son doesn’t know LILO & Stitch, I wouldn’t do Ohana.
If he loves the fab 5- its a no brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter