Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all.
Geffric thanks for your thoughts.
KimRaye-sorry to hear of your DB accident. Glad to hear your nephew and DB will be OK. Accidents are so scary.
SamIAm that is terrible. I think anyone who even is suspiciously not OK should not be working in a room full of children. These days, you just never know about people and what they will do.
Well, busy day. Better run. Just wanted to say hello

I have had so many problems with my daughter's before/after school program. Earlier this week, one of the counselors at the school has had some type of mental breakdown. He came into the school ranting and raving on Tuesday afternoon, scared the beejeebers out of the kids. He was wearing face paint and walking around mumbling to himself. He was telling them he was a warrior of God and he was going to straighten the kids out. :scared1:

:scared1: :eek: OMG, that's so scary! He's obviously not stable, and should totally not be around kids. I hope they fire him. Do counselors have the same kind of tenure deals as teachers? Hopefully they can get rid of him. I hope they straighten this all out soon so you don't have to worry. :hug:

Apparently, they can't fire him if he's just "stressed out". They've given him two weeks off w/pay, but if he's determined to be mentally fit, he could be allowed back. If that is the case, I'll need to be figuring out my Plan B, which is what I'm doing now!!

Sam
WOW!! How scary!!:scared1: I almost called you last night too to see how you were doing.
I can't imagine what you must be feeling. :hug:
I think this person should be let go. Who in their right mind would say such things and be a normal, stable person??? :confused3 And his boss would just let him come back?? What about the kids?? How will they feel towards him?
I know my kids wouldn't want to be around anyone who went crazy like that ever again, nor would I let them!

If need someone to watch Megan before or after school, I will gladly do it!! ::yes:: I'm sure some arrangment could be made that Megan could ride the bus with Lauren!

I'm here for you if you need the help!! :hug: :hug:

Bunckin...

OMG!! OMG!! I'm literally crying here. Would you honestly do that for me? Please call me, just let me calm down a moment! I feel like an angel just tapped me on the shoulder!!

Sam- :grouphug: :hug: Sorry to hear what happened.
Hope things can get straightened out and they fire the counselor or at least suspend him for a long time. And get him some counseling.

I had a big issue with my kid's kindergarten teacher about 4 yrs ago. She was nasty to me at team meetings and parent-teacher conferences. She also had me at tears one time at school b/c she told me not to come to the kids open house thing the school was having. Tho I found out later she told other parents not to come to the open house as well. Sounded like other parents didn't like her either. I had called the principal right away. They kept the teacher til the end of the school yr. She never came back the following school yr, so she was gone! :) Teacher was going thru a divorce (which I knew about since the beginning of school, as she talked about it quite a bit).

KimRaye- :hug: Sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad your bro and nephew are ok.

Disaster averted!! :banana:

According to Sam, this is me:
7.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I would do anything to help a friend!! :hug:

You are my angel!!

Bunchkin and I have worked out an awesome solution to Megan's current predicament. Isn't it amazing how this all worked out?? First, we become good friends through a bulletin board, our families get to know each other and we all get along well. Then, when in a time of need, those friends really come to your rescue.

I really can't thank you enough Bunchy! I hope you know I owe ya a big one! If there's anything I can ever do for you or all the R's, just let me know! Well, I guess you'll have to see our faces now, five days a week, til school's out!

Thanks friend!! :hug:

Hi everyone…
Crazy days, huh!:crazy: SamIAm I am glad to see that all in one sitting your problems went from terrible:scared1: to solvedpixiedust: ! Yeah for you! Bunchkin…you’re nice:cheer2: !

All is well on my end. The kids and everyone else are all feeling fine. Thanks for thinking of us.

Now to just deal with everyday life!:laundy:

Have a good one!
Debbie

It has just been one of those days!!

I just got off the phone with my realtor friend who sold our house. The one I was mentioning to slo last week.

We haven't checked in with each other in a long while. She just called to see how things were going with us at the new house.

Her and her DH have just had the worst year ever.

A little back story on her: She has had problems in the past carrying babies. She has had several operations to correct this. And they thought all was well.

I knew earlier in the last year she had a miscarriage and she told me she just had another in Dec. :sad1: I feel so bad for them. I think this is her 4th miscarriage.

And she told me her DH got into a serious car accident this past May. He was hit by a drunk driver. :( He is still having health issues.

I feel so sorry for them. She is just the nicest person you could ever meet.
Her doctors have NO clue why she can't carry a baby to term. All the tests show nothing wrong with her or her DH. It's one of those unknown things.

How about being my personal tour guide at Disneyland???? :rotfl: :lmao:

Boy, you know if I could do that I would!! DEFINITELY! I wished I hadn't promised my folks I'd be down there in April. I could have just switched things around a little and gone down to see them in June or something. But, once you promise the P's you're stuck!

But, there's always September... :laughing: Boo To You!! :rolleyes1

Debbie I don't have one handy I'll have to consult my library and get back to you.

Sam How great that you live so close to Bunchy and she can help out. What a scary thing for Megan to go through.:hug:

Boy, you know if I could do that I would!! DEFINITELY! I wished I hadn't promised my folks I'd be down there in April. I could have just switched things around a little and gone down to see them in June or something. But, once you promise the P's you're stuck!

But, there's always September... :laughing: Boo To You!! :rolleyes1

Those darn parental units!! :rotfl: ;)

Yeah, in Sept you can push the kids around in a stroller if my feet aren't better by then. See how positive I am when it comes to thinking my feet will ever get better! :sad2:

I'm happy to help you out!! :thumbsup2 :hug:

BTW, when I told Lauren earlier this afternoon that Megan would be coming over now before and after school days she got sooo excited!! :cool1: :yay:

Debbie Sorry, no chicken wing recipes off the top of my head. But I have a great crockpot cook book, I'll go check it our later to see if there's one in there. :thumbsup2

Apparently, they can't fire him if he's just "stressed out". They've given him two weeks off w/pay, but if he's determined to be mentally fit, he could be allowed back. If that is the case, I'll need to be figuring out my Plan B, which is what I'm doing now!!

They can't fire him, but they really want to deal with lawsuits and liability if something happens? Ah well, it looks like you don't have to deal with that problem now, thanks to Bunchkin! :goodvibes :cool1:

Debbie Sorry, no chicken wing recipes off the top of my head. But I have a great crockpot cook book, I'll go check it our later to see if there's one in there. :thumbsup2

One of my favorite slow cooker cookbooks is "Fix it and Forget it" It's awesome!

I'm getting tired of the cold. I don't know if it's because it's just me at home, or what but my apartment seems colder. The heat comes on but the windows are old. :guilty: I feel cold everywhere, even at work, I have to wear 2 sweaters and drink hot chocolate. I'm ALWAYS cold! :cold:

On a happy note, I applied for a passport today! I've never had one and decided it was time! Not that I have anywhere planned to go where I'd need one, but still...:thumbsup2

Donna - U.S. Nationals is this week. They're showing Ladies Short Program live on ESPN2 right now. They already showed the Men's Short. (Evan won it :teeth: by less than a point over Johnny.)

There's still 2 more hours tonight. I'm not sure what else they're showing. :confused3

Kim - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and your nephew :guilty: Thank goodness they are okay :)
**From what I understand from the other real estate agents, it is very slow. Many are getting very frustrated :headache: I'm sorry you are only working one day this week, that's very frustrating for you too :headache: .
Thanks Sandy. I saw DNephew at school this morning - thankfully! - and Kelly & I went into his 8th grade classroom and gave him a big, embarrassing {{HUG}} and asked if he was all right. He said he was but, he looked very tired. :guilty: My Bro came to school at day's end to see if his son was ok too. Bro has cuts on his head and hand. He said his back was hurting him today also. :confused3 Otherwise, they're ok, I guess. The lady who my brother hit was at fault, she got a ticket but, it's currently tied up in insurance mumbo-jumbo, if you know what I mean. ;) I'm sure it'll be fine - eventually.
**Real estate is nasty right now. :sad2:

KimRaye how terrible fo the accident . :guilty: Thank goodness they are okay
Thank you.

Kim so sorry to hear about your bro and nephew. I'm so glad they're ok!
Thank you also!

I'm sorry to hear this. I sure do hope that they're feeling well today. pixiedust:
Thanks Nicole~! Hope the GS trip works out ok! :thumbsup2

He came into the school ranting and raving on Tuesday afternoon, scared the beejeebers out of the kids. He was wearing face paint and walking around mumbling to himself. He was telling them he was a warrior of God and he was going to straighten the kids out. :scared1:
THIS sounds like a Very Scary Man! :scared1:

KimRaye-sorry to hear of your DB accident. Glad to hear your nephew and DB will be OK. Accidents are so scary.
Thank you!

KimRaye- :hug: Sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad your bro and nephew are ok.
Thanks also.

Disaster averted!! :banana:

According to Sam, this is me:
7.gif

:lmao:

I would do anything to help a friend!! :hug:
Nicole! How wonderful! You ARE an ANGEL!!! That's a big undertaking - {{HUGS}} to you!!!!!!

I'm getting tired of the cold. I don't know if it's because it's just me at home, or what but my apartment seems colder. The heat comes on but the windows are old. :guilty: I feel cold everywhere, even at work, I have to wear 2 sweaters and drink hot chocolate. I'm ALWAYS cold! :cold:

On a happy note, I applied for a passport today! I've never had one and decided it was time! Not that I have anywhere planned to go where I'd need one, but still...:thumbsup2
Carmen, I feel your COLD - BRRRRRR! For some UNKNOWN reason this year I have been incredibly cold and chilled to the bone wherever I go! We have 2-3 yo new windows and, the furnace was worked on maybe last year but, I still have a portable heater down here with me in the basement and, Kelly has one in her room as well. I can't figure it out. :confused3 It's like there's a window OPEN somewhere. :confused:

As for the passport - how long are they good for? I don't have anything planned but, if I knew how long they're good for, I might just get them for all of us. Canada, Mexico, etc. It's something to prepare for now, for sure. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter