Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It’s a freaking miracle! What a shock. Strasburg is pitching today. Honestly, a sick and uncertain Strasburg is better in my mind than Roark that did well against us. We beat Strasburg on Friday. We can get to him today.
Like we all didn't know it was a steaming big load of feces from a male cow.

We just need to beat him a second time!

A clear loss is easier to respond to than a what-if. If Nats win 2 they’ll have earned it. Strasburg did his part. Tomorrow it’s Gio and maybe Scherzer.

Positive thinking is not just for fools. It costs nothing and serves to balance the ultimate negative result rather than confirm it.

A clear loss is easier to respond to than a what-if. If Nats win 2 they’ll have earned it. Strasburg did his part. Tomorrow it’s Gio and maybe Scherzer.

Positive thinking is not just for fools. It costs nothing and serves to balance the ultimate negative result rather than confirm it.

There is positive thinking and there is foolish thinking. Trading for Roark for Strasburg and just saying, "Oh we'll just beat him anyway" is simply foolish. I knew Strasburg would shut us down. Tomorrow, they'll probably start Gio but if he shows any signs of trouble, they will bring in Scherzer who will likely shut us down.

Honestly, although I'm not happy with our offense, the series loss is on Carl Edwards. Guy is a pathetic reliever and has cost us 1 game for sure, perhaps 2.

Pitching won (and lost) today's game. Good pitching on their part and not so much on ours. :sad:
Have to tip the hat to Strasburg, even thought it is painful to do so.
Was hoping not to have to go back to DC.

just want to point out that the Cubs are pretty good at winning odd numbered playoff games on the road...and the pattern of this series has been Cubs/Nats/Cubs/Nats...I'll let you finish it.

Rain in the forecast for D.C. Looks like a window for a few hours around game time right now. guess we'll see

So Kyle/Max rematch...because Dusty cares more about knocking the Cubs out than he does on having a chance against LA

and just saying, "Oh we'll just beat him anyway" is simply foolish

Certainly I am not discounting facts and odds and talent. But stark realism without hope is downright depressing. Same could have been said for NLCS 6 and WS 7 against Kershaw and Kluber. Why be positive.

Look, I’m not looking to take you on. Fact is that I like this board precisely bc of the extreme positivity of many here.

Welp, I guess Strasburg wasn’t so sick after all pitching in the cold rain in his shirtsleeves. I was cold and wet and I was under the upper deck. Brrr.

I love Joe but I think he yanked Lester too soon. CJ was great on Monday but was terrible today. It was raining really hard at the time and I sincerely think he had a hard time holding onto the ball. And then Davis ... oy! Bad 8th inning :(.

We need to wake up our bats tomorrow! Warm ‘em up and get some runs. I would have rather won at home but I’ll take another win in DC.

Certainly I am not discounting facts and odds and talent. But stark realism without hope is downright depressing. Same could have been said for NLCS 6 and WS 7 against Kershaw and Kluber. Why be positive.

Look, I’m not looking to take you on. Fact is that I like this board precisely bc of the extreme positivity of many here.

I belong to several Cub forums and this is the only one that has almost no negativity, even when the team performs really badly. Nobody here seems to be upset about the lack of hitting, the bad defense, the horrendous pitching by our pen. Edwards is channeling Byung Hyun Kim and nobody seems upset at him. I just don't get that.

And I'm almost 100% positive that if Cubs lose tomorrow, people will post about how the Cubs won last year, so nothing to be upset about it. It's just nonsense.

Last edited:
I belong to several Cub forums and this is the only one that has almost no negativity, even when the team performs really badly. Nobody here seems to be upset about the lack of hitting, the bad defense, the horrendous pitching by our pen. Davis is channeling Byung Hyun Kim and nobody seems upset at him. I just don't get that.

And I'm almost 100% positive that if Cubs lose tomorrow, people will post about how the Cubs won last year, so nothing to be upset about it. It's just nonsense.

Fair enough.

Was hoping Davis got his big mistakes out of the way in the last week of the regular season. But unfortunately no. CJs bounce back in game 3 was short lived. Couldn’t handle the weather for sure. Maddson struggled too.

Our starters have outperformed my expectations, both sides haven’t hit, and our bullpen has been a bit worse than theirs.

I’m excited for tomorrow, just as a fan. Hendricks (Q in wings) v Scherzer (Gio in wings). Really hoping we put something together offensively and wake the bats up and show what we’re capable of.

Last edited:
Oops I didn't mean Davis channeling Byung Hyun Kim, I meant Edwards. Edwards has been an absolute disaster this postseason. He's cost us 1 game at a minimum, perhaps today's as well.

There had been talk about making Edwards the closer of the future. Am I missing something? I just don't see it as all. He doesn't have the guts and mental fortitude to be a dominant MLB closer.

As for Davis, I wasn't happy about the grand slam, but hard to be mad at a guy who has been a lock down automatic closer all year. Edwards put him in a really tough spot.

Oops I didn't mean Davis channeling Byung Hyun Kim, I meant Edwards. Edwards has been an absolute disaster this postseason. He's cost us 1 game at a minimum, perhaps today's as well.

There had been talk about making Edwards the closer of the future. Am I missing something? I just don't see it as all. He doesn't have the guts and mental fortitude to be a dominant MLB closer.

As for Davis, I wasn't happy about the grand slam, but hard to be mad at a guy who has been a lock down automatic closer all year. Edwards put him in a really tough spot.

The Roark dodge was huge. Strasburg and Scherzer in 4 of 5 games is obnoxious and a serious argument against the 5 game format. After 6 months, three 7-game series is not unreasonable. Just start them on Wednesday instead of Friday.

I’m more resigned to it all with Tuesday bc it was terrible weather at the end and couldn’t be argued with. Just horrible luck that it fell on their 4th starter’s day.

The Roark dodge was huge. Strasburg and Scherzer in 4 of 5 games is obnoxious and a serious argument against the 5 game format. After 6 months, three 7-game series is not unreasonable. Just start them on Wednesday instead of Friday.

I’m more resigned to it all with Tuesday bc it was terrible weather at the end and couldn’t be argued with. Just horrible luck that it fell on their 4th starter’s day.
We could go with the conspiracy theory of ultimate TV ratings manipulation for a Cubs/Yankees WS....I'm good with it.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter