Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I still can’t believe we won. This is what it was like...

It was like Russian Roulette but with increasingly more and more bullets in the chambers each of those last 3 innings. The eighth was like 5 bullets and 1 empty chamber. Spin, press to collective heads, Click. Wow we are still alive !!

And the 9th was like... ugghh I can’t believe we are back to the top of their lineup again!! We were NOT supposed to be here again. Rubbery arm, fumes, there’s no way... 3-1 on Turner. Spin, squeeze, click. What? He’s out?! He didn’t get on base to steal 2nd and 3rd... Breathe, breathe, walk, pace. Whisper only, no loud talking. No loud talking. Negotiate w God. I’ll be good. Cmon. Werth. Out. Omg. This might happen. No no. Can’t hope. Harper omg. 1-2 yes. 3-2 no. No. Zim homer wins it. But Wade makes the pitch.... blur blurrrr

I heard an interesting offseason idea for the Cubs today. Cubs may try to pursue Yu Darvish in the offseason. Rumors are that Darvish is the hero of Shohei Otani which would in turn cause Otani to want to follow Darvish to Chicago.

If it happens you'd be looking at a rotation of Darvish, Lester, Hendricks, Quintana, Otani. Would be nearly impossible to defeat that.

It’s ridiculous I got 3 hours of sleep last night. Next week is gonna be rough these games take forever.

and the time difference of 2 hours later (if your Central) Does Jansen scare you because he add's ANOTHER delay of time? lol. Here's another thought. Q has held the Dodgers scoreless in his 14 innings he has faced them..but Q is slow out there too...and he might be going Sunday with work Monday

I heard an interesting offseason idea for the Cubs today. Cubs may try to pursue Yu Darvish in the offseason. Rumors are that Darvish is the hero of Shohei Otani which would in turn cause Otani to want to follow Darvish to Chicago.

If it happens you'd be looking at a rotation of Darvish, Lester, Hendricks, Quintana, Otani. Would be nearly impossible to defeat that.
Don’t forget Harper wants to team up up with his Vegas buddy Bryant. So I guess cubs add Darvish and Otani next year and Harper the year after that

Don’t forget Harper wants to team up up with his Vegas buddy Bryant. So I guess cubs add Darvish and Otani next year and Harper the year after that

I doubt we have money for both Harper and Darvish. Unless we are going to let Bryant leave when he's a FA.

I doubt we have money for both Harper and Dervish. Unless we are going to let Bryant leave when he's a FA.
Lol I would be shocked if they would sign Harper the money is gonna be insane I just mentioned it cause they were talking about how Harper keeps hinting how much he loves wrigley and wants to play with Bryant on the score the other day.

I know our team is dead tired, but the Cubs are the second highest in scoring against Kershaw (anyone beside's me missing Miggy right about now?) . I know they swept us earlier this year but we had the best game against Kershaw. Rizzo, Willy, AAj all do well against him and he has those 4 home runs he gave up in one game to AZ in his head. Channel the optimism.

I know our team is dead tired, but the Cubs are the second highest in scoring against Kershaw (anyone beside's me missing Miggy right about now?) . I know they swept us earlier this year but we had the best game against Kershaw. Rizzo, Willy, AAj all do well against him and he has those 4 home runs he gave up in one game to AZ in his head. Channel the optimism.
Yeah I think you are the only one missing Miggy.

I was actually wondering how he would react he is so stoic now I wanna see if at any point Hendricks will show some emotion.
I am hoping to find GIF's of the reactions after Harper's K. JHey, Rizzo, KB & I think Addie were all shown on TBS individually, which was one of the coolest things TBS did all series.

Zobie said Wade has metal flowing through his veins (or similar) and I cracked up when Lester said he stays away from him

Last edited:
from you're big apple Mickey guessing you are for NYY? Both side with stellar SP...Altuve the difference maker

NLCS Schedule (CDT)!

10/14 (LA): 7:08 p.m.
10/15 (LA): 6:38 p.m.
10/17 (CHI): 8:01 p.m.
10/18 (CHI): 8:01 p.m.* *7:08 p.m. if ALCS is over

if necessary (CDT):

10/19 (CHI): 7:08 p.m.
10/21 (LA): 3:08 p.m.*
10/22 (LA): 6:38 p.m. * 7:08 p.m. if ALCS is over

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter