Child eating as adult and vice versa

mamacass

Mouseketeer
This may sound confusing but here it is: we have the dining plan for our DS who is 12 and our DD who is 9. Our 12 year old won't eat at any TS places so is it OK to use his for our DD if she doesn't like anything on the children's menu? This is the first time using the dining plan so I'm unsure on how it works. Also, can you use a snack credit for an order of french fries or get a double order of fries as a combo for a CS? Thanks for any input!

You can get fries as a snack at the McDonald's place. I've never heard of using a CS to get a double order though.

Your credits will be listed as credits, not adult or child. Your 12 year old won't eat at any TS? Will he go with you? Your daughter can order off of whichever menu she'd like if he's not there. Your card will indicate 3 adults, one child. Yes, it says that the child must order off the child's menu, but if there are only 3 of you and you have 3 adults, you're covered. If your 12 year old is with you, they may insist that your DD order off the child's menu.

If your 12 year old is not going to use any of "his" credits, you can use the extra credits for dinner shows, 2 TS meals, or doing a sit down breakfast and dinner in the same day. Also, he can use more CS or snack credits if you are using "his" TS.

The credits are assigned to the room, not to the person.

Would your ds eat a kids meal? I would think you could order your 3 adult meals + 1 kids meal, and then play musical plates. Or just order a side (or 2) of fries (where available) and pay for those OOP, saving your credits for another meal. Anyone have any experience with family members "trading" dinners?

There is absolutely no problem with trading dinners. Also, if an adult would like a bigger portion of a kid menu item, this can be done.

Our DS is autistic and will only eat McD's fries but it was too confusing to keep him off the reservation for the dining plan. He will be with us for each TS but will not eat. Thanks for the advice!

Mamacass, I had the exact same issue in December on the DP. My DD has autism and eats like 10 different things period. I knew there would be nothing on any restaurant menu she would eat, so I packed her food and took it with me. I had no trouble at all switching dinners with the other children so each child ate what he/she wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter