Child Swap w/FP+ = how many can I get?

dmband

DIS Veteran
we have 12 people plus 1 infant.
We are looking to secure FOP, couldn't get any at 60 days out (shocking, I know)
So I have been checking here and there trying to get 4 or 5 but then it hit me, maybe I only need 1 and can get the rest via child swap.

So does anyone know if there is a limit on how many "free fp+" I can get via child swap?
I know the old paper system was limited to 3 or 4

It’s the same limit on child swap. It’s the person holding the baby plus 3 others allowed to ride. All people need to be present to have their magic band scanned for the entry time.
You only get an hour window for the return time however. I preferred the old system!! The return window depends if the original
Party do FP or standby.

Have a magical trip!

I believe it’s only 3 people total that can ride with the swap pass. There have also been reports that everyone needs a FP for the swap. I don’t think you will be able to get everyone on with rider swap.

I believe it’s only 3 people total that can ride with the swap pass. There have also been reports that everyone needs a FP for the swap. I don’t think you will be able to get everyone on with rider swap.
Yes, it's 3 total, so at best you'd need to get a fastpass for 9, and then 3 could ride via the swap.

The CM may check the non-riders bands for FP and refuse to issue the child swap if the non-riders don't have FP. (I think it's a foolish policy, but I don't make the rules.) They don't always do so, but it can happen.

Have you tried breaking up the group into smaller groups (like two groups of six or three groups of four) and trying to get overlapping FP times? Sometimes that works when trying to get FP for larger groups.

Thanks everyone!
As far as the Swap people needing a fp to get the swap, that's fine if it's the rule but that also defeats any point as they wouldn't be waiting in line with the fp and the swap is simply putting you in the fp line

On our April trip the FOP CM made myself, DH and DS all scan for fast passes when we walked up to notify them we were doing child swap.However at Mine Train in MK the CM only made DH and DS scan theirs, I returned with DS to ride and never had to scan mine. It may depend on the ride? On the CM? Maybe based off of how popular FOP is? WHo knows! Toy story land hadn't opened yet on our April trip, or maybe I could test the how popular/ new ride theory. I hope you all have a great family trip!

Thanks everyone!
As far as the Swap people needing a fp to get the swap, that's fine if it's the rule but that also defeats any point as they wouldn't be waiting in line with the fp and the swap is simply putting you in the fp line

I totally agree. It makes very little sense to me. It also means that the short kid has a wasted FP, since they can't go on any rides by themselves. From what I hear it's CM dependent and tends to happen most for FOP and SDMT. You can take a risk and only get FP for the initial riders, but be aware that you're risking the others not getting the child swap pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter