Childcare Available to all UOR Resorts?

olafgypsy

Mouseketeer
Hi all -- First time posting in the UOR forums. I'm making my first trip to Universal after many years of exclusively visiting Disney. My son is 9 now and very into Harry Potter, so it seemed like the right time. This will be a mom'n'me trip -- just me and my son.

We will be staying at Endless Summer, but I'm wondering if I would still be allowed to leave my son at one of the childcare centers (a.k.a. "Kids' Camps") for an evening even though I am not technically a guest of those hotels. Does anyone know if those are open to ALL UOR resort guests, or only to those guests staying at the high-end hotels? I cannot find a straight answer to this on the forums.

My son is not a fan of roller coasters, and I love them. My hope is that I can leave him at one of the kids' camps and have a night alone to ride the thrill rides. Thoughts?

Hi all -- First time posting in the UOR forums. I'm making my first trip to Universal after many years of exclusively visiting Disney. My son is 9 now and very into Harry Potter, so it seemed like the right time. This will be a mom'n'me trip -- just me and my son.

We will be staying at Endless Summer, but I'm wondering if I would still be allowed to leave my son at one of the childcare centers (a.k.a. "Kids' Camps") for an evening even though I am not technically a guest of those hotels. Does anyone know if those are open to ALL UOR resort guests, or only to those guests staying at the high-end hotels? I cannot find a straight answer to this on the forums.

My son is not a fan of roller coasters, and I love them. My hope is that I can leave him at one of the kids' camps and have a night alone to ride the thrill rides. Thoughts?
Welcome to the dark side of the boards! I was not even aware that the premier resorts had kids camps, don’t think I’ve seen them discussed here. You may need to call directly with your question, by googling around I found a phone number for each listed, for Royal Pacific it says call the concierge at 407-503-3200. Or maybe someone will chime in with an answer. If you find out please report back!

I don’t believe the kids camps ever reopened after covid. I would love to hear otherwise. I know the company that does them (Kids Night Out) also offers in room babysitting but I have never tried it. My kids still talk about the time we sent them to the one at Contemporay and they got to play arcade games and meet the toy story characters. I wish there were more opportunities like that for kids at either Disney or Universal.

The Kids Club never did reopen after Covid. I asked one of the managers yesterday and it seems they have no plans to start them back up again.

They were very popular too, always remember seeing kids in the Mariners Club at RP and it was always busy.

I was surprised to learn they are still closed when I called to book last month. They pop up so easily when looking online. I tried to book for our kids so DH and I could attend the Orlando Informer event but they are still closed. It is surprising as I am sure they were popular especially with Halloween Horror night and Orlando informer events.
We ended up booking kids night out. I am a bit afraid no one will show up and DH and I won’t get our night out. My back up plan is to take DS who will turn 8 as his bday present.

The Kids Club never did reopen after Covid. I asked one of the managers yesterday and it seems they have no plans to start them back up again.

They were very popular too, always remember seeing kids in the Mariners Club at RP and it was always busy.
Oh man, that's a bummer! Agree with another poster that it's odd they continue to pop up online so easily.

I was surprised to learn they are still closed when I called to book last month. They pop up so easily when looking online. I tried to book for our kids so DH and I could attend the Orlando Informer event but they are still closed. It is surprising as I am sure they were popular especially with Halloween Horror night and Orlando informer events.
We ended up booking kids night out. I am a bit afraid no one will show up and DH and I won’t get our night out. My back up plan is to take DS who will turn 8 as his bday present.
Maybe I will go that route as well, then. I know, just going by the websites you'd think they were operating as usual :( Bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter