Childfree (by choice) Disney Lovers!

Hey all. Life has been super busy and annoying lol. Hope all you childfree people are doing well and living life!

Hi LakelandGal. nice to meet you. If your nicname is any indication, we're just east of you. Furry kids here too. Nice to meet another Floridian-kid-free-dog-lover. Thought we were the only ones in the state. lol

We got back from our first trip a couple of weeks ago, and had a blast! We did so much, and it was a huge amount of fun... :) We definitely want to go back (although in a couple of years, as there are so many places we want to visit as well)... and I can't imagine ever wanting to taking kids of WDW.

Is it bad that we're moving from child-free for now, to "maybe we'll just stay child-free"? I mean, we're not 100% decided, but it's looking more and more likely that children just aren't in our future, and we're OK with that...

That's where we are too. DH (who would have liked kids) said after we got back this last time..."Every time I think I'd like to share this (Disney) with a child of our own, we go back and I get to enjoy NOT having a kid." He was specifically talking about the meltdowns we observed and thinking about having a sick child at Disney really did him in. We're getting to that place where we'll be happy to share Disney with our friend's children because, again - we won't have to deal with the meltdowns directly.

Is that wrong of us?

Hi LakelandGal. nice to meet you. If your nicname is any indication, we're just east of you. Furry kids here too. Nice to meet another Floridian-kid-free-dog-lover. Thought we were the only ones in the state. lol

Hi there. Yep we are in Lakeland. lol Yay! We aren't the only ones here in this area haha. When we go out it is hard not to think that isn't it lol

That's where we are too. DH (who would have liked kids) said after we got back this last time..."Every time I think I'd like to share this (Disney) with a child of our own, we go back and I get to enjoy NOT having a kid." He was specifically talking about the meltdowns we observed and thinking about having a sick child at Disney really did him in. We're getting to that place where we'll be happy to share Disney with our friend's children because, again - we won't have to deal with the meltdowns directly.

Is that wrong of us?

Nope not wrong at all. Going to Disney is so much fun with kids, when they are someone elses lol. It is fun to see it through their eyes. But when they start melting down it is good feeling to know you don't have to deal with it lol

Hi there. Yep we are in Lakeland. lol Yay! We aren't the only ones here in this area haha. When we go out it is hard not to think that isn't it lol

Ha, yes, indeed it is! We've often thought Disney should have an "Adults Only" day. Though we may be the only four in the parks. What kind of furry kids do you guys have? We have a weimaraner and a border collie - both are absolute train wrecks but we love them immensely. We're in Davenport, and try to hit the parks as often as we can.

Ha, yes, indeed it is! We've often thought Disney should have an "Adults Only" day. Though we may be the only four in the parks. What kind of furry kids do you guys have? We have a weimaraner and a border collie - both are absolute train wrecks but we love them immensely. We're in Davenport, and try to hit the parks as often as we can.

haha I have a feeling we wouldn't be the only ones in the park for an Adults only day. I think that is a fabulous idea! We have a dachshund, American cocker and English cocker. They are so much fun and I love them to death. We try to hit the parks a lot too. In fact our friends are down from PA and we were there on Sunday and Tues nights lol.

haha I have a feeling we wouldn't be the only ones in the park for an Adults only day. I think that is a fabulous idea! We have a dachshund, American cocker and English cocker. They are so much fun and I love them to death. We try to hit the parks a lot too. In fact our friends are down from PA and we were there on Sunday and Tues nights lol.

That's awesome! We're huge dog lovers as well - most times, we like being around them as opposed to people. Not sure what that says about us. lol.

Nice - twice in a week! Always fun to show friends around the parks, isn't it? We were at MK last night. Could not believe how crowded it was. We were still expecting pre-snow bird crowds. Even Small World had a 25 minute wait.

What's your favorite park?

For those that live in the area... do you rent or own? I have been thinking about relocating (...someday), and I was wondering what the area is like. It is not dog-friendly around here, which makes finding an apartment difficult. Even more so because we have a pitbull mix.

For those that live in the area... do you rent or own? I have been thinking about relocating (...someday), and I was wondering what the area is like. It is not dog-friendly around here, which makes finding an apartment difficult. Even more so because we have a pitbull mix.

Nice to meet you. We own, but are not directly in the "disney area" of Kissimmee. We border between Davenport and Haines City, which is approx 25 mins south / west of Disney. Most areas around here are dog friendly. There is a large pitbull population here, and fortunately, the incorrect stigma is not very prevalent. Be cautious about HOA's, as they tend to run rampant down here; with many restrictive rules. There are areas to be cautious of (parts of Orlando, Kissimmee, and Winter Haven come to mind). If you'd like any further info, just let me know. Happy to help anyway I can.

That's awesome! We're huge dog lovers as well - most times, we like being around them as opposed to people. Not sure what that says about us. lol.

Nice - twice in a week! Always fun to show friends around the parks, isn't it? We were at MK last night. Could not believe how crowded it was. We were still expecting pre-snow bird crowds. Even Small World had a 25 minute wait.

What's your favorite park?

haha Well we prefer our dogs to most people to so I just think it says we are very smart lol

Oh wow it really is a small world! We were at MK last night too. We couldn't believe how crowded it was either. Was insane!!! We had dinner at 8:30 at Tonys and then headed over to ride the Mine Train. Think we were in line around 10:30 or so. Riding that at night is so different than at night. Love it.

I would have to say MK is our favorite followed by Epcot. MK just for the shear nostalgia and Epcot love the different countries and just walking around the wider spaces and taking it all in. Great park for picture taking. Hollywood Studios is our least favorite but we do love the Christmas lights there. What is your fav?

We own too and honestly if you can own I think it is better option. When you rent you have to abide by too many rules lol. And having a pitbull or mix the discrimination is insane. So many places won't rent to you. I never really understood that cause any dog has the potential to bit not just one certain breed. We have many dog parks down here and it is really getting more dog friendly.

haha Well we prefer our dogs to most people to so I just think it says we are very smart lol

Oh wow it really is a small world! We were at MK last night too. We couldn't believe how crowded it was either. Was insane!!! We had dinner at 8:30 at Tonys and then headed over to ride the Mine Train. Think we were in line around 10:30 or so. Riding that at night is so different than at night. Love it.

I would have to say MK is our favorite followed by Epcot. MK just for the shear nostalgia and Epcot love the different countries and just walking around the wider spaces and taking it all in. Great park for picture taking. Hollywood Studios is our least favorite but we do love the Christmas lights there. What is your fav?

Wow, small world indeed! We may have passed each other at some point.

We are very similar - MK simply for nostalgia (love me some TTA and CoP), with Epcot being a close second. For much the same reasons too - we love to walk the countries, and if the lines are big, we get a couple of cocktails, pick a bench and people watch; which there never seems to be a shortage of. lol.

We'll go to the Studios to ride RnRC, and DW loves Tower Of Terror (which she usually rides single rider, as I'm not big on that ride), oh, and we both love Great Movie Ride.

Now you have me geeking out. Might have to take a trip over tonight. lol.

Wow, small world indeed! We may have passed each other at some point.

We are very similar - MK simply for nostalgia (love me some TTA and CoP), with Epcot being a close second. For much the same reasons too - we love to walk the countries, and if the lines are big, we get a couple of cocktails, pick a bench and people watch; which there never seems to be a shortage of. lol.

We'll go to the Studios to ride RnRC, and DW loves Tower Of Terror (which she usually rides single rider, as I'm not big on that ride), oh, and we both love Great Movie Ride.

Now you have me geeking out. Might have to take a trip over tonight. lol.

Hahaha yeah tons of people watching. I was so amazed at how much butt cheek we saw last night. Seriously was bizarre lol

We were at Studios Sunday night and it was pretty crowded too. I will not ride RNRC as I do not like rides that go upside down but hubby really likes that ride. I will ride Tower even though it scares me lol and we both love Great Movie Ride. Like the Toy Story one too but would never wait in that line lol. Think we have only ridden it twice.

lol you should go tonight and geek out to your hearts content. I just love it there!!

Hahaha yeah tons of people watching. I was so amazed at how much butt cheek we saw last night. Seriously was bizarre lol

We were at Studios Sunday night and it was pretty crowded too. I will not ride RNRC as I do not like rides that go upside down but hubby really likes that ride. I will ride Tower even though it scares me lol and we both love Great Movie Ride. Like the Toy Story one too but would never wait in that line lol. Think we have only ridden it twice.

lol you should go tonight and geek out to your hearts content. I just love it there!!

ha, yes, I completely agree - we typically won't wait in lines. Toy Story is a fun ride though. You pose a compelling argument - we SHOULD go tonight! Though, truth be told, we never need much convincing. lol.

We moved down here 3 years ago, and love the parks, but all of our few friends have kids, so trying to get there on short notice with friends is always challenging. Do you guys find the same challenge?

ha, yes, I completely agree - we typically won't wait in lines. Toy Story is a fun ride though. You pose a compelling argument - we SHOULD go tonight! Though, truth be told, we never need much convincing. lol.

We moved down here 3 years ago, and love the parks, but all of our few friends have kids, so trying to get there on short notice with friends is always challenging. Do you guys find the same challenge?

LOL yeah we don't need much convincing either. Such a great place to just go and forget about all the stuff going on in world and your life.

To be honest we have no local friends. lol. We had friends that we would do things with but we ended that relationship. Won't get into it but it was best for everyone involved. So all our other friends are out of state haha. My best friend and her family are in PA and looking to move down here hopefully within next year or sooner. They have 2 boys and we love them to death. I think it is fun when they aren't yours haha.

LOL yeah we don't need much convincing either. Such a great place to just go and forget about all the stuff going on in world and your life.

To be honest we have no local friends. lol. We had friends that we would do things with but we ended that relationship. Won't get into it but it was best for everyone involved. So all our other friends are out of state haha. My best friend and her family are in PA and looking to move down here hopefully within next year or sooner. They have 2 boys and we love them to death. I think it is fun when they aren't yours haha.

We are in much the same situation as you. Our friends are mostly all up north as well. We've met a few couples down here, but just haven't hit that compatibility level, if that makes sense? Seems the older we get, the harder it is to find true friends, with compatible interests.

You're exactly right - it's fun to fill 'em with sugar and caffeine, then send 'em home to the parents! lol.

We are in much the same situation as you. Our friends are mostly all up north as well. We've met a few couples down here, but just haven't hit that compatibility level, if that makes sense? Seems the older we get, the harder it is to find true friends, with compatible interests.

You're exactly right - it's fun to fill 'em with sugar and caffeine, then send 'em home to the parents! lol.

Yes that makes perfect sense. The older I get the less nonsense I want to deal with hahahaha. Seems most people are interested in just having babies, which is fine but that never was for us.

Yes so fun to be silly with kids and then send them on their way. hehe

Yes that makes perfect sense. The older I get the less nonsense I want to deal with hahahaha. Seems most people are interested in just having babies, which is fine but that never was for us.

Yes so fun to be silly with kids and then send them on their way. hehe

Totally agree with you there! We've never felt the urge to procreate either. Seven billion people already on the planet, and we just didn't see the sense of adding any more.

Glad to hear you have friends moving your way soon though - you must be excited.

Totally agree with you there! We've never felt the urge to procreate either. Seven billion people already on the planet, and we just didn't see the sense of adding any more.

Glad to hear you have friends moving your way soon though - you must be excited.

I am excited but at same time scared for them. I have known too many people whos dream was to move down to Florida and then it just all crashed around them. Just hope it all works out. The job market down here is pretty sucky and her hubby is in pretty job specific field.

There was a time period when I hit 30 I felt like I needed to have a baby. All my friends had babies and careers and I felt like a failure. Hubby was adamant he didn't want to have a kid. Thank goodness cause I don't think I could have handled raising a child esp with my chronic illness and the high possibility of passing something on to the child. I truly believe things happen for a reason and not everyone needs to be a parent. If that makes sense lol

I am excited but at same time scared for them. I have known too many people whos dream was to move down to Florida and then it just all crashed around them. Just hope it all works out. The job market down here is pretty sucky and her hubby is in pretty job specific field.

There was a time period when I hit 30 I felt like I needed to have a baby. All my friends had babies and careers and I felt like a failure. Hubby was adamant he didn't want to have a kid. Thank goodness cause I don't think I could have handled raising a child esp with my chronic illness and the high possibility of passing something on to the child. I truly believe things happen for a reason and not everyone needs to be a parent. If that makes sense lol

Completely understand, it is a different environment down here, to be sure. Hope everything works out for them though - best thoughts coming your way :)

Interesting - we went through a similar period of "should we / shouldn't we?". Thankfully, we landed on the same side you did. There are times we find it would be fun to have a little one, but those rare times are far outweighed by all the other times of "isn't it great not to be tied down?". I suppose one could see it as being selfish, but we enjoy our relative freedom.

Sorry to hear about your illness, and hope you're okay. That makes perfect sense, and unless someone goes through what you go through, i don't think they can fully understand. I know what you mean though, and fully agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter