Chocolate craving help!

Mamajules

Earning My Ears
I found an excellent recipe for these chocolate pumpkin muffins. :cheer2:

15 oz can of regular pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used a reduced-fat mix)

Mix pumpkin and box of chocolate cake mix. That's it! No other ingredients.
Put the mixture in a muffin pan sprayed with non-stick spray and bake at
350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. This makes 12 BIG, chocolaty,
muffins that are 3 points each. Even if you don't like like pumpkin, i would urge you to try this.

SERVING SIZE: 1 muffin

Nope, sorry, I don't have the calorie/fat breakdown (got the recipe from a friend). However, you could look on the box of cake mix (unprepared) and the can of pumpkin and divide by 12. They are definitely yummy, and so moist!

Okay so I tried the recipe and they are yummy! I am not a fan of pumpkin but you don't taste any pumpkin once they are baked. They are very moist and filling.

I figured it to be 3 points each also. I used a Betty Crocker Devils Food cake mix and a can of Libbys pumpkin.

My kids love them too! Very tasty and they do satisfy that chocolate craving.

married2grumpy said:
Okay so I tried the recipe and they are yummy! I am not a fan of pumpkin but you don't taste any pumpkin once they are baked. They are very moist and filling.

Glad you liked them!

I tried these muffins! Yum! My kids are even eating them and not noticing.

Iwondered if anyone has tried a variation? Since it is made with pumpkin, a spice cake muffin might be good. I'd have to experiment with how to do it.

I just made a batch of carrot cake ones.....very yummy and moist!!! Especially good with a little cool whip too!!!

Thanks for the great idea!!!!

Glad everyone liked them! :Pinkbounc I have tried the spice cake and its good. Will definitely give the carrot cake ones a try.

I just got another similar recipe today at my Weight Watchers meeting:

Any type cake mix, mix with one can of diet sprite - fill 24 muffin tins about 1/2 full and bake per directions. One point each. Someone said they used diet coke in a chocolate mix. Might give this one a try, too - with lemon cake would probably be really good. :goodvibes

Trans fats and artificial sweeteners -- very bad!!! How is this on the "Eating Healthy" board?

I have a recommendation for "chocolate cravings": Scharffen Berger cacao nibs. A tiny amount packs all the satisfaction of chocolate with none of the fat or sugar... as long as what you are really craving is the chocolate and not the fat and sugar :) I have tried them, and it really works!

Scharffen Berger

Pixie_Dust said:
Trans fats and artificial sweeteners -- very bad!!! How is this on the "Eating Healthy" board?

I learned in my Health & Nutrition class that artificial sweeteners are only harmful if you consume more than 80 packets a day. We didn't believe this in class so we further researched it and it's true.

Splenda is my friend-a. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter