Christening AND Maiden Voyage of the Dream...6 heavenly nights! COMPLETE

Yes, it is 6502, yes, there are split bathrooms, and no, I did not see a privacy curtain, although I didn't really look for one. But the pictures don't show one either. Same thing with the accessible room, no curtain that I saw.

I have 6502 in August, and was really disappointed not to see a privacy curtain in the pictures that were posted of thisroom, as DS likes to watch TV late, while I sack out. I emailed my agent at DU, and her response:

"I did speak with Disney Cruise Line and they assured me that your stateroom does have a privacy curtain."

I really hope that is right!

I can live without the privacy curtain but I absolutely need the split bath with three of us in the room. My other concern is the fact that the couch where my 16 yo son will be sleeping is next to the bathroom instead of the window like the other rooms are set up. He usually sleeps in most mornings (10 am) so the other set up works much better for us. Since our cruise is totally booked I don't think trying to get a different room will be a choice for us. In addition, we booked very early so we have a very good rate. If we try to change cabins within the same category (I am thinking the side facing 9A rooms) will we have to pay the new prices?

Thanks again for all your info!

I'll ask my friend who was in that room, she is still on the Dream right now. But I don't see one in the pictures...perhaps they plan on adding it? I know not everything was quite finished.

Wow, dembarkation looks a nightmare! We have only been on two DCLs cruises, so really just novices, never experienced this, not sure if that has anything to do with the crazy hour UK residents have to be up and doing customs details at.

Loving the teen area photos looks a great area to chill and perhaps more fit for purpose than some other areas I have read about thanks for sharing :)

Look forward to reading all about rest, oh and love the champs glasses :thumbsup2

We took our time getting off the last time and I guess all the room doors unlock after a certain point? One of the boys decided to sneak into the Walt Suite and check it out. The door was wide open and all was quiet. He walked in and was peeking about when all of a sudden he heard a cough in the back and took off running back out. The funniest part was that 2 of the other kids by this time had followed him and it was like a 3 stooges picture with all of them bumping and tripping out of the room.

I have 6502 in August, and was really disappointed not to see a privacy curtain in the pictures that were posted of thisroom, as DS likes to watch TV late, while I sack out. I emailed my agent at DU, and her response:

"I did speak with Disney Cruise Line and they assured me that your stateroom does have a privacy curtain."

I really hope that is right!

I have room 8502 booked for the 8/7/2011 sailing I believe the TV in those rooms is located all the way over on the bed side not in the middle of the room so, if that's the case, that won't work for you unless you are sleeping on the couch. This is one of the reasons I am thinking about trying to change my room. Also, my TA told me the same thing regarding the privacy curtain but I would like to hear from someone who was actually in the room. My other issue is that the couch is first as you walk in the room. Since our son likes to sleep in till 10 or 11 am it works better for us to have the couch on the other side of the bed.

I'll ask my friend who was in that room, she is still on the Dream right now. But I don't see one in the pictures...perhaps they plan on adding it? I know not everything was quite finished.

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it!

Wow, dembarkation looks a nightmare! We have only been on two DCLs cruises, so really just novices, never experienced this, not sure if that has anything to do with the crazy hour UK residents have to be up and doing customs details at.

Loving the teen area photos looks a great area to chill and perhaps more fit for purpose than some other areas I have read about thanks for sharing :)

Look forward to reading all about rest, oh and love the champs glasses :thumbsup2

Just to let you know we no longer have to do this - its bliss! Off on our 12th and 13th DCL cruise on the Dream in October.
Wendy

I have never ever been so glad to get off a ship.

Debarkation was a nightmare...plain and simple. There were lines after lines. No CM was directing traffic. They would halt the line to give customs a chance to catch up, and the line instead would grow monstrous. It wrapped around the entire lobby back behind the shops by the Walt Theater. I took pictures...it was scary. And the midship elevators drop people off in a sideways way, so those getting off were entering the lobby in the midst of the line, trying to get through to the back of the line. It was seriously insane. I've never seen anything that bad, including the other non Disney cruises that also didn't do it right.

I expected some chaos, but this was thorough and complete chaos. Let me put it this way...I'm happy I'm at the airport instead of the ship, if that gives you any indication of how bad it was.

We just got home from our cruise on the dream (Jan 30th- Feb.3), Disembarkation was a breeze, we walked right off the ship around 8:00 and only waited in line at customs for about 10 minutes. They also had plenty of Dooney and Bourke stuff, both the maiden voyage purses and the disney dream design. The cast members could not understand why there was such a commotion on the first cruise.
The ship was fantastic and we had a great time.

We just got home from our cruise on the dream (Jan 30th- Feb.3), Disembarkation was a breeze, we walked right off the ship around 8:00 and only waited in line at customs for about 10 minutes. They also had plenty of Dooney and Bourke stuff, both the maiden voyage purses and the disney dream design. The cast members could not understand why there was such a commotion on the first cruise.
The ship was fantastic and we had a great time.

Awesome!! :yay: Finally some good news!! :lovestruc

yeaaaaaaaaaa, than everything should be smooth sailing com November!:cool1:

Has you friend returned? I would love to know how the room is set up (couch location) and if there is a privacy curtain. Thanks!

we're thinking of the 5 night 2013 new years cruise and loving these pics of the ship.

i wouldn't have waited in the line to get off the ship.

by accident we were the last ones off the ship on our first (only cruise) there was an error on our bill and we were dealing with it after a late breakfast then dd saw one of the cm's from the kids club and played with him for a while then we realized there wasn't anyone left so we rushed to get off and there wasn't anyone around.

it was WONDERful. we grabbed our bags, walked through customes and out to our car in short order.

i think we'd go back to our room and wait it out (save the last minute packing of carry off stuff until after breakfast)

disney is usually so organized so i wonder what happened

liked best about the new cabins?

I really loved the decor, and I think they made fantastic use of space. There were lots of storage room, and I LOVED the bed...so comfy. The linens are wonderful, I want them for my own bed. I like the plug area at the desk, and the nightlight. I like the double clotheslines. I like how the drawers don't slam, they snick shut softly, no pinched kid fingers! I like the high bed.

I don't like the doors that open out at the closet and the bathrooms, there are too many doors in one place.

Just to let you know we no longer have to do this - its bliss! Off on our 12th and 13th DCL cruise on the Dream in October.
Wendy

That is great to hear thank you :thumbsup2 How does it work now?. We are looking to book DCL cruise on the fantasy in October 2012 but the dates are not released yet, Have you cruised in October before we were not sure about the weather? :goodvibes

That is great to hear thank you :thumbsup2 How does it work now?. We are looking to book DCL cruise on the fantasy in October 2012 but the dates are not released yet, Have you cruised in October before we were not sure about the weather? :goodvibes

Now we aren't treated any differently to other guests. They check our passports but they do not keep them like they used to. October is a perfect time to cruise - that's when we usually cruise. It is also cheaper!!
Wendy

Now we aren't treated any differently to other guests. They check our passports but they do not keep them like they used to. October is a perfect time to cruise - that's when we usually cruise. It is also cheaper!!
Wendy

Ideal on all fronts :thumbsup2 Just waiting on the sailing dates being announced now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter