Christmas Cookie recipe exchange , Post your favorite recipes and find some new ones

Help! I am not a baker and I have been invited to a cookie exchange on Saturday. I need a super easy recipe that people will like.
K.I.S.S.* COOKIES

*Keep It Simple, Stupid

Blend 1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 c peanut butter

Add 2 c Bisquick
1 tsp vanilla

Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Top each cookie with a Hershey Kiss. Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes til lightly browned.

I make all my cookies in one, maybe tow days. I need to schedule that day and get a list of what I need to buy.
Me too - usually the weekend before Christmas. It'll be Dec. 17 - 18 this year. :santa: It's a lot of work, but fun and I always look forward to it!

I just don't have it in me to do that - I'm making around 15 different treats this year and that's cutting my list in half because we're going away at the end of the month.

I usually keep a "buffet" of treats set up on the bar around our kitchen during December - then when friends, chosen family, and or service people come around we send them away with a goodie box. It's a mix of store bought traditions like Almond Roca and home made goodies such as cookies, brownies and fudge. We just hand them a box and let them grab what they want.

I make all my cookies in one, maybe tow days. I need to schedule that day and get a list of what I need to buy.

Me too - usually the weekend before Christmas. It'll be Dec. 17 - 18 this year. :santa: It's a lot of work, but fun and I always look forward to it!
We'll be baking together, only I will start on Friday since I have days to use before YE. I will make 13-15 different types of cookies that weekend. This weekend is going to be all about pierogis for Christmas Eve. One thing I'll be making this year that is new is barfi. It's an Indian sweet, made with milk, powdered milk, powdered sugar, cardamom and pistachios. I made it for Diwali and my next door neighbor took the bowl that I brought to the celebration and put it on his lap and kept snacking from it. It was so much better than store bought... and although it has an unpleasant name in English, it is a delicious Indian sweet.

When my DH decided to go to Philadelphia for the day last Saturday, that solidified that I'll be making homemade manicotti for Christmas Day instead of homemade ravioli. Manicotti take a whole lot less time to prepare.

Dec 17-18 will be cookie baking weekend in this house too! I have been making 8-10 different cookies the last few years. I keep a few in the house but send them out to family or bring tons to work. I wasn’t going to do it this year, since it is a lot of work and to be honest my family doesn’t seem to care. I know my coworkers love it and have been asking if I planned on doing it this year.

DD18 has a Xmas party to go to and said I have to make all the cookies. She is going to “help”. I stocked up on ingredients today and holy moly, is this going to cost a lot this year. Butter and eggs are so high. Oh well. Looking forward to the final results.

I am making a few favorites and going to try a few new ones. DD18 wants to make the sugar cookies that look like melted snowmen. I want to try to make grinch crinkle cookies like we had a Universal studios last weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter