Christmas in November

slpeters

DIS Veteran
So we were initially planning on going to Disneyland in early December, something like Dec 2-9. First time trip! Well now it's looking like there may be a problem with my work and we may have to go in November instead. If December doesn't work out we would be looking at like November 13-20 (park days 14-19 with one dedicated to Hollywood Studios). I like to make plans on Touring Plans for WDW so I was doing that for Disneyland. In December the trip planning tool had a ton of holiday activities in it (lighting the castle, the first time in the evening they light up IaSW, the Christmas parade and fireworks etc.) Now that I've moved the plan to November none of that shows. I'm hoping it's just TP being strange.

Is November 14-19 too early to see all the Christmas stuff. Does anyone have any idea what would be available in December that wouldn't be for December?

So we were initially planning on going to Disneyland in early December, something like Dec 2-9. First time trip! Well now it's looking like there may be a problem with my work and we may have to go in November instead. If December doesn't work out we would be looking at like November 13-20 (park days 14-19 with one dedicated to Hollywood Studios). I like to make plans on Touring Plans for WDW so I was doing that for Disneyland. In December the trip planning tool had a ton of holiday activities in it (lighting the castle, the first time in the evening they light up IaSW, the Christmas parade and fireworks etc.) Now that I've moved the plan to November none of that shows. I'm hoping it's just TP being strange.

Is November 14-19 too early to see all the Christmas stuff. Does anyone have any idea what would be available in December that wouldn't be for December?
Christmas will likely start Nov 15. It COULD start Nov 8th, but I think it would be closer to the 15th.

... Is November 14-19 too early to see all the Christmas stuff. Does anyone have any idea what would be available in December that wouldn't be for December?
First day for the handmade candy canes is usually the day after Thanksgiving. Candlelight Processional is the first full weekend in December. Can't think of anything else right now. Going over this thread from last year, OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!, may give you dates for what was available and when.

Last edited:

We were there on the 10th of November this year, and everything was up (except maybe the garland across the street).

We were there on the 10th of November this year, and everything was up (except maybe the garland across the street).
We were there too. Most of the park was up, but there were a few areas such as the garland still undone. The hotels didn't get decorated until the next weekend. I love the tree at the Grand and the Gingerbread House. They were done the following weekend. It was great, but Thanksgiving was better with everything done.

Do the Christmas events (parade, fireworks, lighting of IaSW, lighting of the castle, feliz navidad show in DCA etc.) run that early?

Do the Christmas events (parade, fireworks, lighting of IaSW, lighting of the castle, feliz navidad show in DCA etc.) run that early?
Usually, all that will start the first day of the Holiday season. When the first day will be is unsure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter