Christmas Tree Exchanges at Resorts....

txsoccermom

DIS Veteran
Who is in charge of these lists for 2014? I would love to do this, and possibly donate a tree and decorations. I remember reading about it this past Dec, and that by July/Aug they were full! Can't remember though who was organizing!

We will be staying at the following:
VWL 12/18 - 12/19
BCV 12/22 - 12/24

TIA!

Who is in charge of these lists for 2014? I would love to do this, and possibly donate a tree and decorations. I remember reading about it this past Dec, and that by July/Aug they were full! Can't remember though who was organizing!

We will be staying at the following:
VWL 12/18 - 12/19
BCV 12/22 - 12/24

TIA!

Last year was a bit different in the way it was organized. I know we sent down the VWL tree, and kept track of it. There was a co ordinator, but she did not overlook the whole process. That job became too much for a single person or couple of people.

We are in flux, hopefully getting our house on the market and moving this year, so we will not be involved until perhaps later in the process. DH does not remember if the Christmas tree we donated has become part of the things we have given away!:sad2:

The trees for our resort, and those of our friends, went missing, several times during the swaps. There was a list on the box, of who gets it next, and it just kept getting lost...not sure what could be done to make it go more smoothly. I don't know what else a coordinator can do, except be at WDW and oversee it all. IIRC all resorts lost their trees at one point or another and people were asking on the boards as to where it is.

Good luck if you participate this year, maybe it will go more smoothly. I'm on the fence about it.

We never got ours back. So, there is a tree at BLT somewhere still. I agree with others that last year seemed especially loss prone and difficult!

SotS

I guess my tree was a success story, it didn't get lost and was returned in tact. When I got our VWL tree in 2012 we walked down and exchanged it in person, both receiving and passing it on. Worked like a charm!

Hope to do it again this year...got a brand new spanking clean box to ship it in and it's bigger to hold the ornaments better.

Our tree was mostly a success story. I think one family did not get it. Other than that, it was returned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter