Christmas wait list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winkle

Earning My Ears
Hello,we are new owners of the Vacation club. We have already planned our first trip. We have booked a one bedroom for 12-22 to 12-28. We booked inside the 11 months to be sure we were able to obtain a reservation. Our goal is to move to either the Beach Club,Boardwalk or the Wilderness Lodge. We would also be willing to stay at the Animal Kingdom.

I guess we have two questions. We do not want to have to switch resorts during our stay. So what we are wondering is, what are the chances we will be able to switch? What resort do we have the best chance of getting into? We would hate to find the first day of our trip at a resort open, switch to that and not be able to get the rest of the days. We don't want to switch resorts during the trip.

How long have most of you owned the Disney Vacation Club? We did a lot of research prior to buying, and the Disney Vacation club seems like the very best time share deal for our family. We love the fact that you can stay just a few days, or a whole week. We also like the fact you can get rooms that are as small or as large as you want. We love Disney Vacation club, and are looking foward to being able to come to Disney every year with our family.

Do they ever check rooms to see how many people are staying there? We would like for our daughter to be able to bring a friend this Christmas, but that would put us at six people. Does Disney Vacation club ever ask people to pay more if you have extra people, and if so how much do they charge?

You will get hit from all angles on your # of persons in the room question...
I'm a black sheep, so I tell you my portion....
"don't ask, Don't tell"
I have been over my limit once or twice during my stays at DVC! I just don't tell the front desk when I'm checking in......It's my incovienence if I have 5 in a studio, etc. We have had one of our kids invite a friend, and it is too late to switch into a one bedroom, etc. ( no one bedrooms available) so what choice do we have? Don't get me wrong, 5 in a studio is crazy....not a way to go...very crowded!! I would not want to ever make it a regular part of my vacation plans....
Let the flames begin.....
Enjoy being a DVC member...it is one of the best things I have ever done for my family...The DVC community is wonderfull....
I have never been on a waitlist for Christmas, so I can't help you there....

Occupancy discussions are a hot topic on the DVC board, and are limited to this thread DVC Occupancy Thread You may continue the discussion there, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter