Chronological Discrepancy: Unraveling the MDE & Member Dashboard Discrepancy

Bo1203

Mouseketeer
The MDE Resort Hotel countdown by CITIZEN, the official timekeeper, is one day ahead compared to the member dashboard countdown and how any sane person would count days.

1. Are they not counting today's date or the end date?
2. Instead of using EST (UTC-5), CITIZEN is using Japan Standard Time (UTC+9).
3. They forgot to account for February 29, 2024.
4. The same IT professionals that were tasked with the dvc membership two factor authentication debacle, were tasked with this clock.

Most importantly, when I arrive a day early, will I get a room?

Well, MDE is still displaying our next trip a day early. Reads 60 days (should be 61 days). The rest of MDE knows its not 60 days, can't book reservations etc.

Well, MDE is still displaying our next trip a day early. Reads 60 days (should be 61 days). The rest of MDE knows its not 60 days, can't book reservations etc.

Whatever was going on it almost messed me up bigtime.

I went in to check availability and it showed me able to complete a reservation all the way to 'book this room.'

So I went back and canceled out individual nights that I'd collected day by day since my fingers don't fly fast enough to get the whole trip in one shot.

Came back with my points in place and can't book. Had to switch gears and book a more expensive vacation.

Later, it seemed like booking jumped 2 days. Meanwhile I just changed my plan completely, moved to different dates and got a Boardwalk view 2 bedroom, don't ask me how, just lucky, because the studio wasn't available at first on one of my days.

I still don't understand what happened. I've been booking since 2000, and at least 3 or 4 trips a year and never saw a situation like this.

But, I've got my room and I'm moving on. Just curious if anyone else had a different experience over the end of Feb start of March time frame.

I suspect the reason is because it only shows days. I put May 6 into my countdown app. It shows 60 days, 8 hours. Disney’s timer just shows days. You don’t actually have 60 days until the hours, minutes, seconds hit 0.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
By Disney’s own rules they are displaying the wrong amount of days. If I woke up early this morning to book by dining reservations, thinking I’m at the 60 day window, I’d have been disappointed. Many would be confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter