• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella castle refurbishment

I've seen the color scheme in Disneyland. I just don't think it translates well to a 200-foot castle. That could certainly change when I see it in person, but right now I don't see it working for me.

I loved the color scheme in Disneyland right away, when I saw its pictures and loved it even more in person. It suits Sleeping Beauty castle and being European and growing up visiting Disneyland Paris multiple times a year, to me Sleeping Beauty castle has always suppossed to be pink.

Cinderella castle however, has always been more elegant in my opinion and already stands out due to its size and incredible detail. Can’t wait to see it in person, maybe that will change my mind. If not storms & time will help it fade
:cool:

I'm fairly indifferent to the new look. I am wondering if the pink will make for some truly gorgeous photo opportunities at sunset, but I do wonder if it'll look too bright during bright daylight hours.

The pink is OK but I don't like the blue. It's too hard and dark. The lighter shade looked a lot better. That shade of blue doesn't go with the more subtle gray and pink tones.

Yup. I think this color scheme worked astoundingly on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, but only because it's so small and needed a bit of an extra 'pop' for emphasis.

The draw for Cinderella Castle is its scale and finer details. Having bright, saturated colors on such a massive structure really sticks out and also takes away from the castle's subtleties.
The other issue is simply that people want the castles to be different. They're supposed to be different castles for different princesses.

Painting them the same just makes it seem like they got a discount on the paint by buying the same for two castles!

Not a fan of any of it. 50th anniversaries are gold. Not rose gold. It looks like big advertisement for the new line of rose gold merchandise coming.

The blue on Sleeping Beauty's castle at least has varying shades in the tiles. This is all one shade and it lacks dimension. Maybe those highlights will still happen.

I liked the artist's rendering when it was announced. I think this looks entirely different.

My first thought was, "Wow, that's really ... blue." Kinda my second and third thought, too.

The rose paint on the brick seems to make the structure look a bit more delicate somehow, IMO.

I think it's ironic they've painted it pink when the much-hated birthday cake castle was pink. I loved it at the time, but I was a young girl who loved pink so...

I think just the darker blue spires would have been enough. I liked the grey for the rest.

It didn't seem to turn out the same as the original drawings did, which I really loved. But perhaps they purposely went higher contrast because they expect it to fade... But on the other hand I don't think it will fade before the 50th. Perhaps they still have something to layer over it...

If they want it to fade, why didn't they just paint it a lighter shade of blue? It's going to take years for that blue to fade to anything matching the other tones.

It just doesn't go with the delicate gray, gold and pink colors.

They must have decided darker paints make the castle more visible from more angles and greater distances. My first trip, I was expecting the castle to look much bigger and closer to the Poly, but I had to really look for it. This might be their way of making it seem bigger and show up easier from far away and for pictures, etc. Whatever their reasons, though, I do not like the colors. It looks like a toy, fake; not as immersive as the old castle that looked like it was taken from a "real" place.

I'm not a pink person with anything, so the pink really bugs me. I am a blue fan, but even that feels a bit loud. I'm sure some of this is that it's new and different, and maybe I'll adjust to the change, but for now...I'm going to hope that the FL sun does a proper fade job on Pepto Bismol looking paint job.

I'm going to hope that the FL sun does a proper fade job on Pepto Bismol looking paint job.
Agreed. My first reaction was how vomity the pink color is. And the blue is too harsh. Awful colors. The original castle was understated, and as a PP said, that made it more believable and immersive. This is pure cheese.

I'm not a pink person with anything, so the pink really bugs me. I am a blue fan, but even that feels a bit loud. I'm sure some of this is that it's new and different, and maybe I'll adjust to the change, but for now...I'm going to hope that the FL sun does a proper fade job on Pepto Bismol looking paint job.

I agree! When I looked at the construction photo my first thought was Pepto Bismol and Mylanta had a love child. This is just not attractive. I can't believe they are doing this to the biggest icon at WDW.

Some things really don't need to be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter