Cinq-0 avec Monsieur Mouse - enfin terminé!!

We unpacked and ordered a kettle. One of the safes had been locked shut by the previous occupants but within 5 minutes the kettle had arrived and a CM had been up to open the safe, thought this was pretty good service. We had a reservation at Walt's for 3:45pm so just wandered up Main Steet taking a few photos before it was time for it.

It was a beautiful, sunny day and the Castle looked beautiful.

DLP28.jpg

DLP29.jpg

DLP30.jpg

I thought the awnings covering Walt's whilst it was being refurbished looked good.

DLP31.jpg

We were seated in Frontierland, we've always been in here so it would be nice to be in a different room but as I could see the other rooms weren't open there was no point asking.

DLP32.jpg

We weren't fussed about a window seat seeing as we've always had one before but we were given one and we weren't going to refuse it, especially as a lot of the awning had already been removed. Our window was the right hand one over the balcony.

DLP31a.jpg

Another great update, love the photos.

Now on to the important stuff - food!!

We were given the usual bread basket with Disney butter

DLP35.jpg

for her starter Samantha had Caesar Salad Romaine lettuce with grilled chicken and Parmigiano Reggiano, caesar dresssing with anchovies

DLP36.jpg

Bryan and I both chose Glendale's Crabmeat and herb tartar, crisp Asian salad

DLP37.jpg

For main course Bryan, Danielle and Francesca all chose Walt's Gourmet Burger Pan-seared fois gras, ground beef, confit pepper, red onion, whole-grain bread but they opted to have it without the fois gras

DLP38.jpg

Samantha chose Town Square's Bass Bass fillet, beurre blanc with sage, red rice and baby spinach

DLP39.jpg

and I had Sharons' Risotto Creamy asparagus risotto with morels

DLP40.jpg

which was absolutely gorgeous.

Danielle was too stuffed to have a pud but the rest of us managed one!

Bryan and Samantha both had Strawberry Lilly Puff pastry with strawberries and mascarpone, balsamic-caramel sauce with maniguette pepper

DLP41.jpg

Samantha had actually ordered the 1901 cheesecake but after the CM had taken her order he discovered the kitchen had run out. She was quite happy to choose this instead but it was only later when looking at our bill we found we'd not been charged for her dessert, what a lovely gesture.

Anyone who knows me knows that if there's a creme brulee on the menu I'll always be first in line. Francesca seems to have inherited my love for them too, so we both had Creme brulee Diane Disney Miller Creme brulee with raspberries, rosemary infusion

DLP42.jpg

which was delicious especially when washed down with a Blue Glow-Tini

DLP33.jpg

and a Captain's Mai Tai.

DLP34.jpg

This is definitely my favourite restaurant at DLP and the only reason we ate here today instead of tomorrow on my birthday is because it's not open.

Although the restaurant was now closed for the day our CM asked if we'd like to stay behind to watch the parade provided we didn't mind him setting the tables up for tomorrow around us. Mind??? We decided we could put up with that! :rotfl: We hadn't planned on watching the parade this trip so it was a real unexpected treat to see it. As we were leaving our CM asked if we were coming back on Wednesday. I told him I wished we were but we'd be back home by then :sad2: but that if we come back to to DLP next year this is always number one restaurant on our list.

The food looks lovely. I can't wait to have a Mai Tai when I go in August:goodvibes

enjoying all your photos - great service from the CM at Walt's. Hope you get this done before I fly out - just under 2 weeks but no pressure!

Your photos are fab, am drooling over the ones from Walts!! and me with only a humble stew to suffice for dinner :lmao:

Oh noooooo I should NOT have looked at your Walt's pics too yummy when I'm sat here pulling a night shift as overtime :surfweb:

Thank you for reading :goodvibes I'm afraid I got a bit distracted by a trip to Rome and the summer holidays but I'm going to try my best to finish this before Christmas. :rotfl:

Now where was I? Oh yes, we've just had a wonderful meal in Walt's and watched the parade from there. Now it was time for a ride so we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain :yay: saw the fastpass machine was still open so collected fastpasses for later on tonight, and used our hotel fastpass to ride now. Afterwards Bryan, Samantha and I decided we'd go and watch Captain EO. Danielle and Francesca weren't interested so they were last seen heading up to Indiana Jones. I really enjoyed Captain EO - yes, it's a bit dated but I'm so glad I got to see it.

We'd watched the Magical Moments show on Youtube and decided to give it a miss ;) so Samantha went off to catch up with the other two and we wandered back to the hotel as I wanted to look at the pool as it was closing for maintenance after today. I've read before that people have been disappointed with the pool and must say I did find it a teensy weensy bit underwhelming compared with the rest of the hotel so decided not to bother with a swim although I LOVED the crocs guarding the entrance. I'm sure I took a photo of them but if I did it seems to have poofed so if anyone has one I could 'borrow' I'd be eternally grateful.

We then took a lovely stroll all around the hotel grounds - lots of bunnies playing who weren't at all fazed by us and it was nice hearing the train hooting when it passed. If I'm ever lucky enough to stay here again it would be nice to have a ground floor room with a little patio table and chairs as the gardens are a real little haven away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

We then returned to the park and took some photos then caught up with the girls. We rode Big Thunder Mountain using our fastpasses then had several more rides as by the time the evening was ending it was a walk-on. I love riding this in the dark! :yay:

Got to go out now but I'll add some photos tonight

Thank you for reading :goodvibes I'm afraid I got a bit distracted by a trip to Rome and the summer holidays but I'm going to try my best to finish this before Christmas. :rotfl:

My my there's some real slacking on the trip reports round here lately :rolleyes1

The Magical Moments show has had less than rave reviews it seems, I'm sure we'll catch it once if it's on when we're there. I've been studying DLH and those ground floor rooms look lovely :cloud9:

Just caught up on this, your DLH room photos are FAB! It is just soooo beautiful! :cloud9: (One day...!)

Love the lovely Walts! :lovestruc Thank you for sharing your food photos - yummmmmm...

p.s. I never knew that you could take photos of Platform 9 3/4 - how cool is that?!! :cool1:

As promised, here's some photos.

I wish it was always this empty! :thumbsup2

DLP43.jpg

DLP44.jpg

We also got a couple of rides in on Pirates and Phantom Manor as well as a visit to Boot Hill but the best were definitely the ones on Big Thunder Mountain once it had got dark.

DLP45.jpg

DLP46.jpg

DLP47.jpg

DLP48.jpg

DLP49.jpg

DLP50.jpg

DLP51.jpg

After the park had closed we reluctantly made our way back to the hotel where I was in desperate need of a cup of tea which I thoroughly enjoyed sat in the window looking out on this. :cloud9:

DLP52.jpg

The park music continued to play for at least another half-hour and it was sheer bliss sitting here listening to it. When it finally went quiet (just before 11pm) we decided to go out to have a walk round the Village. Danielle and Francesca had got engrossed in something on the TV so it was just Bryan, Samantha and I. We had a browse through the shops - I think Bryan had been hoping they would be shut but we were very restrained and didn't buy anything!

So that's it for today - we strolled back to the hotel, toyed with the idea of going for a drink but sensibly decided it would be better to get a good night's sleep so as we'd be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for tomorrow.

Oops, I forgot to say we'd had the pleasure of bumping into Sally (sleepysox) and her family earlier in the day - it's always lovely to meet fellow DISers!

Loved your report! Written by a true Disneyholic!
I would love to have a view like that from my window how amazing!

Sorry if I bore you with all the photos but as this may be the only time we ever stay here I wanted to savour every moment!!

and how could photos of disney bore any one?

x

only 106 days til Christmas!! :rolleyes1 dying for the next installment popcorn::

Monday 30th May 2011

I was woken up at silly o'clock by the sounds of the park being cleaned but I really didn't mind, after all it was my birthday and I was at Disney!! I made a cup of tea and sat in the window with it whilst watching the sun rise and the pavements being washed down ready for the day's visitors.

After I'd had a leisurely bath and yes it was such bliss lying there looking at those hippo tiles :cloud9: I woke Bryan and the girls and after they'd got ready we headed off to the park ready for EMH.

It was such a beautiful morning.

DLP53.jpg

DLP54.jpg

DLP55.jpg

DLP56.jpg

DLP57.jpg

DLP58.jpg

DLP59.jpg

DLP60.jpg

The Castle looked amazing now it had been painted.

DLP61.jpg

DLP62.jpg

DLP63.jpg

DLP64.jpg

DLP65.jpg

DLP66.jpg

DLP67.jpg

DLP68.jpg

Thanks for sharing your great pictures and dialog!

I am planning my first trip to DLP for next late-April. We just decided this week to do DLH and I'm STOKED. Now I have to look into how to get reservations for Walt's. :)

Fantastic pics, the weather looked perfect. What a nice way to spend your birthday :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter