Close to the beach...

duckybelle

Raising kids = being pecked to death by chickens
Planning a trip to universal august 2024, but would love to stay close to the beach and maybe make an hour or so drive to universal. What do you recommend? 5 adults, 6 kids... So we would rent a home. Maybe something not to far from the beach that won't financially kill me?

The Atlantic side is closer than the Gulf beaches and New Smyrna Beach and Flagler Beach are two of our favourite places to visit on that coast and both are around an hour drive away, slightly longer to Flagler, but not by much.

I`ve not been very often to Daytona Beach, but many love it and it is within your driving distance limits.

We prefer the Atlantic side too for a day trip, its closer. Remember August is right in the middle of hurricane season. I would take that into consideration when you are deciding on where to rent and how quick/easy their cancellation policy is to deal with.

Any hurricane that whacks that part of the coast will likely has Orlando closed up too. Homes closer to 95 are less likely to have mandatory evacuations.
Anywhere from Vero to Flagler would have a ton of choices as August is generally starting to see a relativel slowdown in tourism as school restarts.
Most of Daytona is too sketch for us as is St. Augustine.
A sunpass is nice to take the express lanes.
We live 2 hours away in Jax but still get a rental or stay onsite for longer visits. If onsite comes with significant benefits we'll likely stay onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter