*CLOSED*MOVED*Disboutiquers Part 11 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, lost all my quotes. Started them last night but got distracted! Anyway, regarding the desses... did the seller have a lot of positive feedback? If so, I would hold out hope. I guess I'm too trusting that someone would try to scam someone with custom children's clothing. Good luck, I hope it works out for you and have a great time (no matter what!)

BTW, my cat came home this morning! He was gone for 6 days. Wish he could tell me where he was. The pit in my stomach is finally gone, although it was a good diet plan! :rotfl2:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. Here is the latest. When I emailed the lady last Friday she said she would send them to me Saturday. I told her that would not do because I would not get them in time. She said she would get them out Friday morning. Now she is saying that she mailed them Thursday and she doesn't have a tracking number. She said pay pal was acting up and that she has no tracking number. She just sent me an email that she will make some more and send them to me at the resort if I want. I don't know if I can trust her. What should I do??

This just doesn't sound right. I think I would go the dispute route. She may be offering to send more to the resort so she can buy some time. Try to get your money back and then you can spend it at Disney!

I have some simple outfits that are size 5 if you are interested.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I'm just getting back into sewing again. Besides these Disney customs, the last things I made were for Christmas two years ago.

I'll be sure and post more things because I love sewing for my daughter.

According to the website, Houston is supposed to have the Magical Journey show in both April and November. I hadn't heard anything about it coming back to town until I went on-line to buy tickets for the April show. Now we are going to wait for the November show. Maybe that will be a good introduction to Mickey and friends for her - we are taking DD to WDW in early December for her first trip.

We have not been to Disney on Ice Magical Journey but we went to Worlds of Fantasy in November and are going to 100 Years of Magic in April. I swear we saw 100 Years a few years ago but maybe it is different and DD wants to go even if we saw it already. She LOVES Disney on Ice shows! We live near Hershey PA and our arena seems to have shows every November and April as well but they are always different shows. They offer $12 seats opening night for every area but the VIP rows so it makes it affordable to go every time it comes to town. Jordan (DD age 5) said when we got the pre-sale postcard in the mail - Look mom we got "invited" to a Disney Ice Show. :rotfl:

Everyone's customs look fabulous as always! It also seemed like you all had a great time at the meet at WDW. Heading over to check out the new big give! :)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. Here is the latest. When I emailed the lady last Friday she said she would send them to me Saturday. I told her that would not do because I would not get them in time. She said she would get them out Friday morning. Now she is saying that she mailed them Thursday and she doesn't have a tracking number. She said pay pal was acting up and that she has no tracking number. She just sent me an email that she will make some more and send them to me at the resort if I want. I don't know if I can trust her. What should I do??

If she printed tha postage online, there is a tracking number somewhere! All she would have to do is sign into her account and find it! I'd be willing to bet that she did NOT send them yet! If you really want them, I would tell her to ship them to your resort but also tell her you will be opening a dispute. You can always close it if you get the dresses. I

Ahhh, lost all my quotes. Started them last night but got distracted! Anyway, regarding the desses... did the seller have a lot of positive feedback? If so, I would hold out hope. I guess I'm too trusting that someone would try to scam someone with custom children's clothing. Good luck, I hope it works out for you and have a great time (no matter what!)

BTW, my cat came home this morning! He was gone for 6 days. Wish he could tell me where he was. The pit in my stomach is finally gone, although it was a good diet plan! :rotfl2:

I'm so happy about your cat!!! I was wondering if he had come back yet!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had to take my cat to the vet this morning. He had an abcess on his head. Nasty! But, the vet gave him a shot and he should be fine!

:cool1: :yay: YEAY!! I'd been worried about your kitty!! So glad he came home!! :cool1: :yay:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I hate to say it but I would also just make sure first that you can file a dispute. Check the time period to file first. Then if you can, say no thanks to the lady and get your money.

I am sorry this happen to you. Paypal is very good and will get your money back. I have over 400 ebay sales over many years, most paid and shipped with paypal. It doesn't act up and you can always get a tracking number from the system.

I hope you didn't loose too much weight. Is the kitty ok? Looking good? They do just go away at times, Lord knows where. I am so happy your cat is home again.

I am trying to print out carla c's peasant top pattern from my computer. It keeps telling me that my print spooler has stopped working and cannot print the items. I can print other documents from my computer, just not her pdf's. Is it my computer or am I doing something wrong?

Having camera/computer issues this morning.

What do you guys use to get your photos from card to the computer. As in what program? I used to use kodak, came with the camera or can be downloaded for free. Well, they upgraded, which just made it horrible and slow and I can't stand it. So I went to HP but it is suddenly being wonky since I have been back. I can't edit the photos. This morning it won't even transfer them. It usually doesn't give me an option of which I want to transfer but it knows what it has already transferred and doesn't do those ones. Today, it was trying to do them all. It gets to the last picture every time and then something happens and it won't transfer any!

So, thoughts! Anyone? I am at a loss.
I don't use any programs to transfer photos. I put my memory card in my card reader/or connect camera with usb and then I go into My computer and click on the drive. The usb or card will show up as another drive on your system and you can just double click it and go into there and view/save your pictures.

My Daughter Abby is going to have her First Communion this spring. Maybe I should see how much their dresses are? :laughing: I think I will sew her dress. I could just go window shopping for inspiration!
That is what I do at those stores!!! LOL
There is a beautiful white dress in the current issue of Sew Beautiful. I think it is a flower girl dress, but it is all white and just adorable. I would browse some of those magazines for inspiration too. I am kinda sad that we don't do first communion because I want to make a dress... is that bad? LOL

I am so upset.

I ordered three custom appliqued pillowcase dresses for Grace from :wizard: . I got them for our trip to Disney World. When I ordered them Jan. 9. I told the seller I was ordering them for our trip. I told her I wanted them for one week before we leave. She said that would be no problem at all. We leave tomorrow and I still don't have the dresses. I contacted her last week and she said she would mail them last Friday afternoon priority mail. She was mailing them from Georgia and I am in Louisiana. I am sitting here waiting on the mail, which will pass in about one hour. If they don't come today I will not have them for the trip. She has already charged me through paypal. I only ordered them for the trip. If they don't come in time I don't want them. What should I do. I sent her an email yesterday and got no response. In her defense one of her little yorkies was killed and the other badly injured in an attack. I know she has had to deal with all of that. I understand. I just can't even pack until I know if I will get the dresses. I made four custom dresses for Grace my self but I ordered those from :wizard: because I can't applique. I had a custom a day planned. If the three don't come in I will have to go shopping for three new outfits for Grace to wear. I am so stressed sorry to rant. Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe I will get some pixie dust and they will be in the mail today.
How frustrating!!! I had something similar happen in November before my DD's trip to DW. I ordered a smocked dress from Wish Upon a Star as an extra outfit, and 3 weeks later I had no dress! I finally got the dress in and it had a big piece of piping sticking out in the front. It took forever to get her to repsond to my emails, but when she did she told me to mail it back. This was still 2 weeks before. I didn't get the dress until the day before they left for DW!!! Does she have good feedback?? Maybe that will let you know what to expect. Is there a neighboor or something like that who would mail the dresses for you if they come in late??

Can any one help me with a sewing question, I know this is probably way more simple than I'm making it, however I'm puzzled about it.

My niece picked out some pre-smocked material for me to make her a top out of, and I know it should be super simple to just sew a seam up the back and add straps. However I am trying to figure out if I need a pattern to tell me how much to stretch the fabric or not stretch the fabric. If any of you have used this type of material, do you just pin it around the child and go from there? Or do you stretch is a little so it's not to big? Or is there a special pattern out there that will tell me how to cut it depending on her size?

I think I will just pin it and baste it and see how it looks before I sew it. I'm making her some capri pants to go with it, and though the top should be the easier of the two, somehow it didn't turn out that way.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Can any one help me with a sewing question, I know this is probably way more simple than I'm making it, however I'm puzzled about it.

My niece picked out some pre-smocked material for me to make her a top out of, and I know it should be super simple to just sew a seam up the back and add straps. However I am trying to figure out if I need a pattern to tell me how much to stretch the fabric or not stretch the fabric. If any of you have used this type of material, do you just pin it around the child and go from there? Or do you stretch is a little so it's not to big? Or is there a special pattern out there that will tell me how to cut it depending on her size?

I think I will just pin it and baste it and see how it looks before I sew it. I'm making her some capri pants to go with it, and though the top should be the easier of the two, somehow it didn't turn out that way.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I've just taken DD's chest measurement and measure the pre-shirred part slightly smaller that DD's chest measurement (so it's stretching just a small bit). They do I have patterns for it but you certainly don't need to waste your money them.

that is funny you know how Daisy and Tink can be so sassy! I guess their names fit them! Daisy barks ir whines if some one is in HER spot on the couch! Especially if George is sitting there that is her man after all! Aren't dogs funny creatures?
Dogs and cats are the most wonderful creatures there are.

I am trying to print out carla c's peasant top pattern from my computer. It keeps telling me that my print spooler has stopped working and cannot print the items. I can print other documents from my computer, just not her pdf's. Is it my computer or am I doing something wrong?
If there is a problem with spooling than there is a communication problem between your PDF reader and your printer. Are you using Adobe PDF viewer or some other reader?

If there is a problem with spooling than there is a communication problem between your PDF reader and your printer. Are you using Adobe PDF viewer or some other reader?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I even tried unistalling adobe reader and installing it again.:badpc:
I just finished the twirl skirt last night and wanted to start the top today. I printed out the twirl pattern two days ago and it worked fine.

I am so upset.

I ordered three custom appliqued pillowcase dresses for Grace from :wizard: . I got them for our trip to Disney World. When I ordered them Jan. 9. I told the seller I was ordering them for our trip. I told her I wanted them for one week before we leave. She said that would be no problem at all. We leave tomorrow and I still don't have the dresses. I contacted her last week and she said she would mail them last Friday afternoon priority mail. She was mailing them from Georgia and I am in Louisiana. I am sitting here waiting on the mail, which will pass in about one hour. If they don't come today I will not have them for the trip. She has already charged me through paypal. I only ordered them for the trip. If they don't come in time I don't want them. What should I do. I sent her an email yesterday and got no response. In her defense one of her little yorkies was killed and the other badly injured in an attack. I know she has had to deal with all of that. I understand. I just can't even pack until I know if I will get the dresses. I made four custom dresses for Grace my self but I ordered those from :wizard: because I can't applique. I had a custom a day planned. If the three don't come in I will have to go shopping for three new outfits for Grace to wear. I am so stressed sorry to rant. Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe I will get some pixie dust and they will be in the mail today.

File a dispute with paypal. You only have 45 days to file so do it now. If they magically appear you can cancel. Also on your MY EBAY page click the WON section. You can pick transaction details. It might be on the little scroll down tool bar. From their you can see all of the detail including shipping info. If she paid for shipping through paypal the tracking number will be there.

Also, seriously what size does your daughter wear? We have customs bursting out of the closet. I would be happy to send you something!!!! I can send it priority and it will get there on Sat. :) Last year I ordered a June costume on etsy. She made the dress the wrong size and I was besides myself. I was p*ssed to say the least. We were really close to our departure date so I was not happy at all.

I am amazed at the wonderful people here. Thanks for all the offers and advice about my dress problem. You are all just wonderful. I just got an email from the :wizard: seller. She is so mad at me for filling a complaint. She told me she had no tracking number but now she said she called the postmaster and he has the dresses and he is going to send them back to her so I can't have them. She said she was issueing me a refund.
I bought Grace a few cute outfits from Target this week. I will just let her wear those. She will still have the four customs I made her. Her outfits from target are cute. I am so mad because I ordered some Minnie mary jane crocs . We will get use out of the crocs anyway. I am only ordering from :wizard: custom disney clothes if I see the sellers name here. I have learned my lesson. The sad thing is I ordered the dresses Jan. 9 and she said it would be no problem to get them to me one week before we were to leave.

coteau_chick, do you mind telling us who the seller was? This whole thing sounds vaguely familiar to me. I seem to remember someone else having the same problem with a seller of pillowcase dresses but for the life of me I can't remember the seller's ID. I do remember they changed their feedback to private shortly after. I hope it's not the same person!

I sell on ebay...a lot...and I do not print my shipping through paypal. I have never not had something show up, but I am sure the first time I do I will be getting the tracking numbers!

Um, I think your seller is full of bologna! I don't think for one minute that the postmaster would return a package to her and not ship it to it's destination. That wreaks of BULL!

Um, I think your seller is full of bologna! I don't think for one minute that the postmaster would return a package to her and not ship it to it's destination. That wreaks of BULL!
You are correct. She is full of bull!! You can not recall a package unless you have a tracking number and she said that she doesn't have one. So therefore she is full of it.

The offer still stands. Your dd and my dd are about a year apart. (I peeked at your TR.) I have a couple things tucked away from last March that would fit her. Seriously I have no problem at all sending them. I would be happy that someone else could enjoy them. :)

Waughzee is right. I have ordered a lot from her. Even with 1st class mail nothing ever took more than a week. I am really sorry this happened. Last year I was so excited to order a June (Little E's) costume for my DD. It was my first custom purchase. I gave her my measurements and she did not make it correctly. I was so disappointed. It was a least 6 inches too short. The ironic part was a friend of mine ordered the same dress the same size and her dress was the right length! Luckily my Mom found a cute pink tutu from Gymboree and my DD wore it under the dress. We received the dress days before we were supposed to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter