Club Wyndam/Worldmark at Reunion Resort

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for the 2nd week of August. To be exact my dates are Aug 13-20. Booking thru RCI. These are 3bedroom units. Has anyone ever stayed here before? It isn't too far from Windsor Hills which seems to be very popular on the boards. I just don't want to feel so isolated from everything. I looked on Google maps and I used Perkins Restaurant on 192-W as my starting point. It led me down Old Lake Wilson Road. According to Google maps, it will take 15 minutes from Perkins on 192W to Reunion Resort. Does that seem accurate? Has anyone ever stayed here? Did it give a feeling of isolation from the tourist area? Am I overthinking this? :rolleyes: :laughing:

We stayed here in August, 2018 in a 3 bedroom unit. It is a bit isolated/away from the 192 timeshare resorts, but it is a beautiful resort with a great waterpark. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we got a good deal on the unit. The resort itself is MASSIVE, set on a golf course with lots of private vacation homes so you will need to drive to everything, including the waterpark.

It is a bit isolated/away from the 192 timeshare resorts, so you will need to drive to everything, including the waterpark.
Now this is what I am afraid of. Being away from the "action". We could stay at Diamond Resorts Grand Beach on Rt 535. I know Grand Beach isn't as nice as Reunion Resort, but, Grand Beach is surrounded by more tourist attractions. We have no intentions of visiting any parks, but still want to feel like we are close to attractions. There will be 4 adults and 2 teen girls. The look and feel of the resort matter since we will spend most of our time there. We have stayed at Regal Palms in Davenport before. We were not pleased with the private vacation home we rented. And we felt so far away from everything.

We've stayed at Grand Beach before in a 3 bedroom and loved it. My girls used to call Grand Beach a "mini Grand Floridian". Grand Beach is definitely "less spectacular" of a resort, but it is closer to the action than Reunion, and the units are very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either resort.

I am still so undecided. I want more of a resort look/feel that Reunion offers. I am hoping for more options to show...

I have stayed at Reunion twice via RCI.

You can walk to the waterpark and a nearby swimming pool.

The villas are great -- it's basically a three-bedroom that was built as a condo, not a timeshare. It's huge. It has real closets. We had nice balconies overlooking the golf course.

The resort has golf and other activities. It is pretty spread out, but the timeshare units are not too far away from anything.

There is an Aldi and a Publix nearby along with some various fast-food and other restaurants. This is more of a residential area, not a tourist area. No volcano-themed minigolf or giftshops.

To get to the Disney zone is about a 30-minute drive with no traffic -- or an hour with traffic.

If you plan to spend more time relaxing at the resort, this is a great property. If you plan to spend all 7 days driving to the parks and Disney area, that would get old fast.

I have stayed at Reunion twice via RCI.

You can walk to the waterpark and a nearby swimming pool.

The villas are great -- it's basically a three-bedroom that was built as a condo, not a timeshare. It's huge. It has real closets. We had nice balconies overlooking the golf course.

The resort has golf and other activities. It is pretty spread out, but the timeshare units are not too far away from anything.

There is an Aldi and a Publix nearby along with some various fast-food and other restaurants. This is more of a residential area, not a tourist area. No volcano-themed minigolf or giftshops.

To get to the Disney zone is about a 30-minute drive with no traffic -- or an hour with traffic.

If you plan to spend more time relaxing at the resort, this is a great property. If you plan to spend all 7 days driving to the parks and Disney area, that would get old fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter