Codes after final payment made

Dalton5

<font color=teal>I swear... I would go off my Von
HI,
New to this, patience please!! My family has already booked a stay at the CR for the week of Sept. 11. I was wondering..Our final payment is due in July, If a code comes out(please, please, please) after that and we are eligible for it how does Disney adjust our rate and give us our refund? Thanks so much..
I love this website!! Thanks a bunch, Kathy

It sounds like you have a package as they have to be paid in full prior to your trip. If codes come out for room only, you would have to cancel and rebook a new reservation since one is a package and the other would be room only. You would be charged the cancellation fees if it was less than 45 days prior to your date, I think it's $100 and $200 if it is 21 days or less (not sure on the days and amounts as I haven't booked a package in years, someone correct me if I'm wrong). As far as applying the balance of your money to your new reservation, they wouldn't do this if you paid with a credit card. They would credit your card, and you would have to pay a new deposit on the new reservation, which is a one-night's deposit for room only. The balance is due upon check in. They don't transfer money to new ressies when paid by credit card. If you paid by check, then they would transfer the amount to your new reservation, at least that's what they've done for us but it's been years since we paid by check.

If you have a room only reservation and codes are available at the resort for your dates, then they would apply the code to your existing reservation.

Hope this helps.
::MinnieMo

If a code comes out that is available for packages you could call and ask for it to be applied to your package BUT you will be charged a $50 change fee per room. This is true of any change you make after final payment that affects the price of your pacakge (applying a code, changing resorts, adding the dining plan, adding/subtracting days etc). Any savings would be credited to your room when you arrive. If the code is for room only, you would have to cancel your package and rebook. There is a $100 cancellation fee for cancelling between 6 days and 44 days before you arrive. For 5 days or less the fee is $200. If you purchased vacation insurance at the time you booked the package, that purchase is non-refundable.

Here is the official cancellation and change policy for MYW packages:

CANCELLATION AND CHANGE FEES

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is a change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
In addition:
If your air travel has been ticketed, there will be an additional cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the higher of (i) $125 and (ii) the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline. Please note that (x) cancellation of a nonrefundable airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare and (y) cancellation of a refundable airfare must be made at least 1 business day prior to departure.
Travel insurance is nonrefundable once deposit has been received. Upon any cancellation, the charge for travel insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded.

Disney is not consistent with how they handle codes. I have a package and a room only reservation. They let me apply a code to both of them. I save close to 500.00!

Everyone said they wouldnt let me use the code, they did. Everyone said I couldnt use it with a package, but I did.

So Good luck to you!!

LauraAnn630 said:
Disney is not consistent with how they handle codes. I have a package and a room only reservation. They let me apply a code to both of them. I save close to 500.00!

Everyone said they wouldnt let me use the code, they did. Everyone said I couldnt use it with a package, but I did.

So Good luck to you!!

It depends upon whether they have a code for a package available at the time of your stay, and sometimes they do have both package and room codes at the same time. If they do, then you could apply the code to your existing package. If it is a room only code, then you can apply it to your room only reservation. However, you can only do this if the discount, whether it is for package or room only or both, is available at your resort for your stay. They would be 2 separate codes, one for a package and one for a room.

I agree, they are very inconsistant with their policies. I called less than 1 month before our trip--changed the vacation from a dreamaker package to MYW with hotel separate, applied a code (saved over $800) and I was not charged a cent for the change. The original cost was credited to my card and the new cost was applied, it was as simple as that.

I had my doubts about the whole thing, but just returned from 9 days and did not have a single problem. When I changed the reservation, the CM told me that there would be no charge since I was rebooking, but just doing the hotel and tickets separately.

And as everyone else here can attest to---it all just depends on what castmember you get and how their day is going. Thankfully I had a wonderful person that spent over an hour with me on the phone---she kept assuring me that she just wanted my family to have the best vacation ever----and we did!!!!

I called less than 1 month before our trip--changed the vacation from a dreamaker package to MYW with hotel separate, applied a code (saved over $800) and I was not charged a cent for the change. The original cost was credited to my card and the new cost was applied, it was as simple as that.

When they announced the MYW pacakages they did say that they would wave the change fee for guests who wished to change from Dreammaker packages to MYW packages. So that is why you weren't charged on that.

The bottom line is, they have it in writing that they can charge you these fees so they have the right to do so. In some situations they may be waived but don't count on it and then get upset if you are charged. A lot of times you still save money even after the cancellation or change penalties but just be aware that they do have the right to ***** the charge.

Thanks for the info...I quess if a code comes out we have alot of math to do..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter