"College Program" for Boomers...a good idea or crazy?

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Just a thought. What if WDW hired a bunch of retired boomers to do the work of the CPs who won't be back for awhile. Put them up in CP housing for a few months. Retired boomers are dedicated and hardworking. I know I'd do it for a few months.

Aside from the increased risk of severe COVID complications, this is an amazing idea. There are legions of energetic boomers out there who would love to be part of the magic, and maybe have already been CMs at some point in their lives.

Even before joining the ranks of the retired myself, it always struck me how the older CMs seemed to have an extra dose of charm and patience. Every single one I have ever encountered seemed to be genuinely happy to be there, which in turn made ME even happier to be there.

During Covid sounds really risky for anyone in the high risk age group, particularly in a state that currently has over 6,000 new cases per day, 570,000 total, and 9,344 deaths.

My DH used to talk about working in WDW after retirement. He wanted to captain one of the many boats. He’s such a hard worker. WDW would be lucky to have him. We no longer plan on moving to Florida when we retire, so it’s a non-issue.

However, if we end up in California, he could find something to do in Disneyland, I’m sure.

Just a thought. What if WDW hired a bunch of retired boomers to do the work of the CPs who won't be back for awhile. Put them up in CP housing for a few months. Retired boomers are dedicated and hardworking. I know I'd do it for a few months.
The problem with "put them up in CP housing for a few months" is that the quarter are very tight. The rent is high and they usually hold six or more CPs. If you only put a few oldies but goodies in them, the rent would take everything you make.

I would LOVE that! With a program like that, us boomers could experience being a Disney cast member without the long term commitment of actually selling your house and relocating to Florida. If you love it, apply for an extension or permanent employment and THEN move! A lot of boomers already have a retirement income so earning a lot of money wouldn't be a high priority for the short term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter