College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I cannot tell you how much of a help you guys are! If it wasn't for the The College Board on the DISboards then I don't think I would've ever felt comfortable enough to persue the program. But now with everyone's help, I know I will do the program Spring 09 and I feel so great about it! Thank you so much again!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I cannot tell you how much of a help you guys are! If it wasn't for the The College Board on the DISboards then I don't think I would've ever felt comfortable enough to persue the program. But now with everyone's help, I know I will do the program Spring 09 and I feel so great about it! Thank you so much again!

That's great! Maybe I will see you down there then. I am planning on doing Spring 2009 myself.

aww!!! It's so good to help others. I wished i knew about this before i went down to prepare myself better. It's so nice to share my experience with others, who actually want to hear about it! i feel sorry for my friends and family who hears about it like every minute of the day!

Hey Katy! I see that you were Quick Service Food and Beverage last semester. What did you think about it? I've heard that you either love or hate it.

Hey Katy! I see that you were Quick Service Food and Beverage last semester. What did you think about it? I've heard that you either love or hate it.

I didn't think it was THAT bad. I mean you have your days...
I worked in a resort, so I don't think it was as bad as working QS in a park. Sometimes, the only people that helped me through the day were some of my co-workers. They made it less dreary... You are just on your toes all the time, have to be ready to do anything. I had problems with the managers. They didn't schedual properly, and messed up some things (again, co-workers are amazing to vent with!!)
If you asked me to do it again, I would say no

I will be taking my car with me from Missouri. I think it depends on how used to public transportation you are (not saying that the CP busses are, but they're sort of similar). I know that I will want to go exploring on my days off and not have to wait on busses to get groceries, etc. If you can and are willing, you'll probably get more use out of your time if you take your car but I wouldn't if you don't trust your car to get there, think it will have issues and end up costing you more money, etc. Luckily my car has been pretty good to me thus far, so I will be taking it. Like I told Katy, if you guys are down there for Fall 08' and need a ride to wal mart, etc. just let me know and I might be able to help you out:goodvibes

I will be taking my car with me from Missouri. I think it depends on how used to public transportation you are (not saying that the CP busses are, but they're sort of similar). I know that I will want to go exploring on my days off and not have to wait on busses to get groceries, etc. If you can and are willing, you'll probably get more use out of your time if you take your car but I wouldn't if you don't trust your car to get there, think it will have issues and end up costing you more money, etc. Luckily my car has been pretty good to me thus far, so I will be taking it. Like I told Katy, if you guys are down there for Fall 08' and need a ride to wal mart, etc. just let me know and I might be able to help you out:goodvibes

and I am soooooo appreciative!!!!

Thanks for the details Katy. I don't think it will suit me then. ;)
I have no idea where all these questions are coming from all of a sudden. :idea:
As for food, is it costumary to bring your lunches with you to the park or are there places to buy food while working, say in the parks? Also, are there any tips on saving on food? popcorn::

I know in the MK, there is a cafeteria for cast members. We had a cafeteria in the Poly...
I'm not sure about other places, though...

I have heard a lot of people bring their own lunch. Disney food is so expensive. You can save a lot more money than you'd think by bringing your own lunch...I do that here at school and even though it can get "embarassing" carrying around a lunchbox, I am saving a lot of money...especially at Disney, you can spend that money on going out with your friends, sea world, and fun stuff

It is a lot cheaper to bring your own lunch.
It's not as badly priced as it is in the parks. In the park, a cheese burger and fries can cost you $7. In the cafeteria, a cheese burger can cost you around 3 dollars. It just depends... I bought in the cafe, but if you want to save the money, go with bringing your lunch

MK and EPCOT both have cafes with subway, pizza, a grill, premade salads, uncrustables, ice cream...ect. You will save a lot of money bringing lunch. I do both. I've had the pulled pork, fish sandwich, grilled chicken, and hamburger at the EPCOT grill and it was all very yummy. :banana:

My mom was curious as to what's available if we need to see a doctor while we are there. I'm not saying that I will, but just in case something were to happen. Thanks!

My mom was curious as to what's available if we need to see a doctor while we are there. I'm not saying that I will, but just in case something were to happen. Thanks!

Lucky me, I developed bronchitis while on my CP. I went to an urgent care that is close to the apartments. He did well in treating me. I had an infection and bronchitis, and the medicine he perscribed was amazing. And I think he deals with a lot of mishaps, b/c i read all of the cards and notes patients and families had written him saying he was wonderful. I think there is another one for cast members, but don't quote me on that. And i'm pretty sure there is a hospital around some where

How did you all deal with your bank and/or credit card accounts? Did you change your address or leave your address the same and just tell them you would be living in the Orlando area for awhile? I would like to keep my bills going to where I live now because my family would then mail them to me. I don't want my bank and cc accounts to think I've had my identity stolen since I'd be using them there!

I hope this makes sense! :laughing:

Thanks!

That's a good question. Can you get your paychecks directly deposited to your at home account? Say, if I brought a voided check?

My daughter has hers direct deposited to the Vista/now Partners credit union to avoid atm fees when she takes out money. She is hoping to extend and work at Disney eventually full time so it seemed worth the trouble BUT to be honest we had some hassles getting it set up. If she was just staying for the semester I would have just stuck with having it direct deposited to her home checking account.

She does not have any bills sent to her address there - they all come here and she has had no trouble using her Visa there.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter