College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, already a few of my questions were answered without even asking. Go CP thread 3!!

Only a few more weeks til Fall 09 applications open up! :cool1:

ahh what day are you expecting the applications to come up..:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Im hoping I get accepted/not accepted before mardi gras ..:D so i know to celebrate or be bummed out!!!:rotfl2:

Hey guys, just thought I'd say thanks to everyone who gave me their congratulations on the previous thread :goodvibes

I'm gonna be doing QSFB which I understand you've done before, Joanna?

I've read the role description etc, but what do you ACTUALLY do?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

That is correct. I worked at Casey's last summer. For QSFB, you can work in one of two areas: ODF (which is the carts, snack windows, ect) and the restaurants (like Casey's, Cosmic Rays, ect). For Casey's, there is 2 parts to the restaurant. There is Back of House (you prep the food, clean, cook, put everything together, some stocking, and so on), and Front of House (you work the registers, filler which is getting the order together for the person on the register, stocking, cleaning the topping bars, greeter, and so on). Now, this can vary for every location. Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Only a few more weeks til Fall 09 applications open up! :cool1:

I sure hope so! Because when I applied for Fall 06, the applications didn't come out til Feb.

ahh what day are you expecting the applications to come up..:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Im hoping I get accepted/not accepted before mardi gras ..:D so i know to celebrate or be bummed out!!!:rotfl2:

The applications should come out somewhere around late Jan/early Feb.

I would imagine they would go up in January for fall. Applications for Spring '09 were up like August 20th before anyone even started classes.

My Spring semester starts up the 12th of January, and I know the Fall applications go up soon. When exactly is the deadline for the Fall CP applications and is it the type of thing where the sooner you sign up the better? I ask because I want to sit down with my counsoler and figure out a few things before commiting to the program, I just want to know the exact time limit I have when I start back up again.

Also is there a sample application I can take a quick look at to gather a feel for the process. Ha ha I think I might be taking this a bit far, but as far as Im concerned, this would be a dream come true.

Thanks again for the great replies!

When exactly is the deadline for the Fall CP applications and is it the type of thing where the sooner you sign up the better? I ask because I want to sit down with my counsoler and figure out a few things before commiting to the program, I just want to know the exact time limit I have when I start back up again.

I would apply earlier rather than later. I applied late this year and did get in, but not without my share of nerve-wracking nights and stress-filled days! It took a full month for me to get my offer and I got my 2nd choice, mostly b/c of my experience and b/c my first choice was full :( . You have 2 weeks after receiving it to accept, then another 2 weeks to pay your program fee, so it could easily be 8 weeks after your interview before you have to make a final decision. Some students waited much longer than I did. To be honest, if the economy keeps going the way it is, I think the CP is going to be V-E-R-Y popular, more than ever, so the early bird may have a better chance at the worm.

I don't recall the application being any different than a standard work app. Name, social, previous employers, etc. Pretty standard stuff.

Also is there a sample application I can take a quick look at to gather a feel for the process. Ha ha I think I might be taking this a bit far, but as far as Im concerned, this would be a dream come true.

The application was easier than any work application I've ever filled out.

My Spring semester starts up the 12th of January, and I know the Fall applications go up soon. When exactly is the deadline for the Fall CP applications and is it the type of thing where the sooner you sign up the better? I ask because I want to sit down with my counsoler and figure out a few things before commiting to the program, I just want to know the exact time limit I have when I start back up again.

There really is no deadline, as Disney will be recruting for the Fall program at least into April. However, like Gray said, it definitely is better to apply as soon as you can. The CP has gotten extremely popular and the later you wait, you could run the chance of the roles you most want being filled (or not being accepted at all). Hopefully the applications will be out early. I can't wait to apply!

I know that it is acceptable to have tattoos, but you have to have them covered. My question is, must you have them covered the day you check in? Even if they would not show in the ID photo? Has anyone on here had to cover tattoos, and what works best?

Just so you all know, an email (College Program Newsletter) went out yesterday saying applications for Fall will probably be up in February.

I know that it is acceptable to have tattoos, but you have to have them covered. My question is, must you have them covered the day you check in? Even if they would not show in the ID photo? Has anyone on here had to cover tattoos, and what works best?

I don't think it would be that much of a problem, the only thing I would be worried about is hearing "Just to let you know, tattoos are not part of the Disney Look" a dozen times that day. Where is your tattoo? A lot of them can be covered by wearing either pants or long sleeved shirts, otherwise you can google and find some good coverup makeup.

From the email I just received:

"Please keep in mind that it is expected that you are in complete compliance with all of the Disney Look guidelines when you check-in. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Removing all body piercings (including cartilage piercings and tongue rings).
* Covering all visible tattoos.
* Having a natural hair style and color. If hair color is changed, it must be natural-looking. If hair is highlighted, the highlights must be very subtle, well-blended with the rest of the hair and distributed evenly over the entire head. If highlights are not well-blended, if 'roots' are visible, or if the overall style or color does not appear natural, it will not meet the Disney Look guidelines. It will be your responsibility to change the color and/or style before beginning work.
* For gentlemen, being clean shaven and fully within the guidelines regarding facial hair.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be permitted to obtain your housing ID."

I've got a question for alumni about going seasonal...

I have a one week break (jan 2-jan 9) between my CP and PI, I would obviously like to work that week as a character performer but have run into some obstacles.

I have already talked to my manager and have been approved to go seasonal following my program. He said that he gives all the names to "whoever" that day (jan. 2) but that it could take up to a week before it becomes official.

So here's my problem, in order to work that week I will need an ID to get in and to clock. My CP ID will be expired and I'm told I cannot get my Seasonal ID until it's official in the system.

So now my question: how long does it usually take to get my new ID? Access Control is closed Jan 1-4, so the earliest I could go is Jan 5. Since I'm moving into a PI, is there any chance my CP Id would still work? Do you think I could get my PI ID over a week early? Any other suggestions?

I'll be calling Access Control on Monday, but was hoping for some insight!

I've got a question for alumni about going seasonal...

I have a one week break (jan 2-jan 9) between my CP and PI, I would obviously like to work that week as a character performer but have run into some obstacles.

I have already talked to my manager and have been approved to go seasonal following my program. He said that he gives all the names to "whoever" that day (jan. 2) but that it could take up to a week before it becomes official.

So here's my problem, in order to work that week I will need an ID to get in and to clock. My CP ID will be expired and I'm told I cannot get my Seasonal ID until it's official in the system.

So now my question: how long does it usually take to get my new ID? Access Control is closed Jan 1-4, so the earliest I could go is Jan 5. Since I'm moving into a PI, is there any chance my CP Id would still work? Do you think I could get my PI ID over a week early? Any other suggestions?

I'll be calling Access Control on Monday, but was hoping for some insight!

I'm not sure about Florida's Access Control procedures, but that sounds like something you would have to talk with Access Control management about, since it's a special circumstance.

That is correct. I worked at Casey's last summer. For QSFB, you can work in one of two areas: ODF (which is the carts, snack windows, ect) and the restaurants (like Casey's, Cosmic Rays, ect). For Casey's, there is 2 parts to the restaurant. There is Back of House (you prep the food, clean, cook, put everything together, some stocking, and so on), and Front of House (you work the registers, filler which is getting the order together for the person on the register, stocking, cleaning the topping bars, greeter, and so on). Now, this can vary for every location. Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Thanks Joanna! Do you get any choice in where you work and what you do? And if you end up in a restaurant do you switch between front and back of house? Do you get any say in the matter or do Disney just place you where they think is best?

with qs f and b, its similar to working in any fast food place, you could be doing cashier work, counter work (handing food/drinks to guest) or bussing (cleaning tables, trash,etc)

hope that's helpful..

justin
Hey guys, just thought I'd say thanks to everyone who gave me their congratulations on the previous thread :goodvibes

I'm gonna be doing QSFB which I understand you've done before, Joanna?

I've read the role description etc, but what do you ACTUALLY do?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

with qs f and b, its similar to working in any fast food place, you could be doing cashier work, counter work (handing food/drinks to guest) or bussing (cleaning tables, trash,etc)

hope that's helpful..

justin

I worked qsfb during my first CP, and I worked stands at MK, I never had to bus table, and in some places i'd do register and get the food, like at mrs. potts cupboard, or scuttles landing in fantasyland. . .it all depends on where you are placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter