Columbus day weekend

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Now I'm frightened! I did not realize I had booked my vacation over the Columbus Day weekend! Are the crowds really that bad?This was supposed to be my first solo trip, but I have talked the whole family into coming along, and I don't want them mad at me!

Of course, I am already looking for an excuse to come back in May!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've booked Columbus Day b/c we heard that it wasn't that bad (from locals and others). So, now I hear it's packed. Well, it really can't be any worse than spring break, can it?! But, you know what!? I don't care. We're on vacation and we'll be at the happiest place on earth. I can tolerate lines for a few days. It beats staying at home in the cold!! I say go, have fun and make the most of it. That's what we're going to do!

With many areas (outside of FL, too) cleaning up from the tornados, perhaps it might not be as crowded as we suspect!? Maybe the tornados have put a damper on those who planned on traveling? Who knows -- go and have fun, regardless of the lines. I know I'll have a blast!!

There have been a few threads about this recently. If you do a seach, you'll find them, I'm sure. We've only been on one other Columbus Day weekend. It definitely got more crowded on the weekend and the Monday, but overall, it wasn't anything like the busy season.

It's always good to have a plan. Plan as if it's going to be crowded and then you can relax if it's not too bad.

We'll be there on Columbus Day, but we're heading out of town for the weekend. I think I posted my whole itinerary for Columbus Day on another thread. I leave it at that and send you on a scavenger hunt. ;)

Have fun!!

I was there last year for Columbus weekend. I don't remember the crowds though. This year, I think it will be packed. Forget the locals - I could barely get a deluxe hotel room reservation on site discount or no discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter