• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Combining points to change AKV booking from standard to savanna

Bucketfoot

Mouseketeer
We currently have an upcoming trip mostly booked (all but one night that will be booked with VDH points at the 7 month window) for a standard view stay at AKV. While at our stay that we just returned from both my wife and I decided that if we are going to stay at AKV it has to be a savanna view.

We have already maxed out AKV points (from two different contracts & memberships). At 7 months will I be able to combine points from our VDH contract with those from our two AKV contracts?

I'm trying to figure out if I should modify the existing bookings right away to change them to savanna views and then fill in the additional days at 7 months or if I should just wait until 7 months to do it all. Also, is this stuff I can do myself online or would I better off to call member services and have them help get it done. I'd feel pretty safe waiting as it seems that 2-bed savanna rooms are typically available at 7 months.

I would book what you can using the ALKV points so you only have get the other nights at 7 months.

Thanks, that's my thought as well, but we borrowed points when we did the original booking and I just want to confirm if I will be able to combine the remaining AKV points with our VDH points at 7 months so that we don't lose them.

If I am understanding correctly, what you mean is you have AKV borrowed and current use yer points in the current reservation, and if you change to savanna view now, you may book fewer nights and some of the current use year points will be out of the reservation, and you will want to add nights with those AKV points and VDH points at 7-months out.

If that is the case, then when you do the modification of the reservation at 7 months out online to add nights, on the page you come to where you choose the contracts to use, what you need to do is list the AKV contract first, and VDH second. and continue on to do the reservation. The system will then use those leftover AK points before using the VDH points.

I love my home resort of AKV but I couldn’t imagine using my VDH points here, if I had any. Jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter