• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

For about 6 months, we've been planning to take the kids (6,8,11) to Washington DC for their April vacation. Was looking and able to get a really good price at CBR for 4 nights, so I booked it. Went back and forth for a week or so, but we've decided to just go for it. At the end of the day, it was about 2x the cost of a cheap DC trip.

Downside: 2 solid days of driving each way. We do pretty well in long car rides, but DC was supposed to be our test for the WDW drive next year. Kids won't know until the second day of the drive (arrival day).

VERY EXCITED to be heading back!

Josh has started posting reviews of the F&G food kiosks on his blog if anyone hasn't seen that yet
I've been following along. I really need to narrow down my "what to get at the food booths" list...I'm over $200 currently. Yikes.

Wow this board is sure quiet considering our trips are NEXT MONTH. Let’s get some chatter going, I need some help getting excited this time.

For about 6 months, we've been planning to take the kids (6,8,11) to Washington DC for their April vacation. Was looking and able to get a really good price at CBR for 4 nights, so I booked it. Went back and forth for a week or so, but we've decided to just go for it. At the end of the day, it was about 2x the cost of a cheap DC trip.

Downside: 2 solid days of driving each way. We do pretty well in long car rides, but DC was supposed to be our test for the WDW drive next year. Kids won't know until the second day of the drive (arrival day).

VERY EXCITED to be heading back!
We drive down from Ohio every year, sometimes twice. It’s about 16 hours for us. We start at midnight and go straight through. I hate stopping overnight on the way down, just wan5 to get there- on the way back we stop halfway because who’s in a hurry to get home:confused3. What an awesome surprise when you tell them they are going to Disney instead of DC.

Wow this board is sure quiet considering our trips are NEXT MONTH. Let’s get some chatter going, I need some help getting excited this time.
Same!! I just realized I normally have outfit ideas brewing and I don't have a clue this time around aside from my two new SSE shirts - I have gone in December last three trips so it was easy to make xmas lists

My 3.5 year old son picked out the gray color Magic Band. He said that's his favorite color lol.

Question about Magic Bands, we're doing a split stay so we can get 2 sets of Magic Bands if we want. If we do, will they both be "active" or only one? How does that work? TIA

I've been following along. I really need to narrow down my "what to get at the food booths" list...I'm over $200 currently. Yikes.
I know how you feel! We have 2 days planned at EPCOT so I think we go a little crazy. I've never been during a festival though, so I'm trying to capitalize while I am there! :rotfl:

My 3.5 year old son picked out the gray color Magic Band. He said that's his favorite color lol.

Question about Magic Bands, we're doing a split stay so we can get 2 sets of Magic Bands if we want. If we do, will they both be "active" or only one? How does that work? TIA

Yes. Both should be active. So you can have 2 different colors for each of you. Easier to coordinate with your outfits!

We just planned a last minute trip for next month and am SUPER excited!!! Son works for DCL so we are hoping to do some tours at a discount. My number one tour to do is Wild Africa Trek. Any tips on this tour? I was able to book Be our Guest for lunch and am beyond thrilled but I am hoping to change it to Donner since I heard dinner is a much better experience.

Your son has good taste. Gray is my favorite color & of course I picked it for my magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter