Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

oh hey theres my sister! haha jabead mare1203 is my sister so she will be with me on our october trip.

Love the celebrities of HBD! Thats so cool!

Paul & family were at Animal Kingdom today and sent us this snack update from...

"We shared the white chocolate elephant cupcake."

1 September Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pic of Allie

Next in was an update from bluejasmine, who was at Epcot today and had lunch at...

Coral Reef

She said, "We had lunch today at Coral Reef, it was so good!" :thumbsup2

"Tommy had the steak..."

Grilled New York Strip Steak with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables (which apparently is asparagus), and Peppercorn Sauce

"I had the mahi, it was so light and delicious!"

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Laughing Bird Shrimp, Hearts of Palm, Jasmine Rice, Cilantro, and a Coconut-Lime Sauce

"For dessert, Tommy had the Bailey Mousse."

Bailey's and Jack Daniel's Mousse topped with a caramel crisp

"While I had the chocolate wave."

The Chocolate Wave served with Raspberry Gelato

3 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Now back to Paul (GrandCalifornian) & family at Animal Kingdom, where they had lunch today at...

"After some difficulty deciding, Paul chose the Pork ribs."

Baby Back Ribs - slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, sweet chili slaw

"While Melissa chose the shrimp and steak."

Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce

"And Allie had the Kids Vegetable Lo Mein with rice and applesauce."

"The entrees were excellent but we both preferred the ribs. They were very meaty, fall off the bone tender, and had an Asian BBQ sauce that was unlike anything we had ever had. They are in contention for the best ribs we've had at WDW."

"For dessert, we got the fried wontons."

Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle

"And our server recommended the Mango pie."

Mango Pie with a shortbread cookie crust, and topped with fresh whipped cream

"Allie got chocolate pudding with marshmallows."

"She mad sure no marshmallows were left uneaten." ;)

"After lunch we went upstairs to take pictures and Allie joined in with her camera."

2 September Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pic of photographer Allie

Nope, they're from an iPhone. Just kidding, my wife Melissa is greatly enjoying her new Canon 6D. It has built in WiFi so transferring the pics to the phone is super easy. Some of the pics are from our iPhones though, and you can tell which are which. :)

Nice! Yes, I can tell but that is only because the 6D pictures are amazing!! Tell her nice job! That is cool about the built in wifi.

"And just because I had to answer this question daily for friends and family on this trip...NO, THERE WAS NO PROPOSAL OF ANY KIND. HE KNOWS I'M A PRINCESS, AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS." ;)[/COLOR]

5 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu and the pics of anniebean & Geoff

Anniebean- I know what you mean! I have been with my BF for 10 years and everyone always asks us when we are getting engaged! We can't go anywhere without them asking!!

Next in today were a couple of Magic Kingdom snack updates from Maiky, beginning with one from...

He said, "On Sunday we visited Magic Kingdom. In the morning we went to Starbucks for some drinks and a snack. We both ordered a Salted Caramel Frappuccino and a blueberry scone."

Then after their lunch (report in next post), they returned to Magic Kingdom and had a beverage snack from..."

"We tried Lefou's brew for the first time, very refreshing." :thumbsup2

2 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs and menu pics

Next is Maiky's lunch update from Sunday.

He said, "We headed to the Polynesian Resort to have lunch at...

...this was our first time here for lunch."

"We started with some drinks; Island Sunset and Lapu Lapu."

Island Sunset - A delicious blend of spiced rum, coconut rum, melon, and peach combined with our guava passion fruit juice

Lapu Lapu - Myer's rum, Bacardi 151, orange juice, sour mix. Served in a fresh cut pineapple.

"I have to say that the Lapu Lapu lived up to the expectations!" :thumbsup2

"We also had a Habanero Margarita....."

Habanero Lime Margarita - Patron Silver tequila, habanero lime, and house-made sweet & sour.

"For our appetizers I ordered the Pot Stickers (wok-seared pork and vegetable dumplings with creamy ginger-soy sauce)."

"And Iván chose the Lump Crab Cakes.

Lump Crab Cakes with jalapeno-lime cream

"For our entrées I chose the Barbecue Pork Taco (pulled pork slow-cooked in House-made Barbecue Sauce with tomato salsa and Jalapeno-lime sour cream)."

"And Iván chose the Grilled Teriyaki Steak with Grilled Pineapple Salsa."

"For dessert we both chose the Kona Coffee Panna Cotta...

... and they gave us a chocolate cupcake for Iván's birthday."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics, and pic of Maiky

Maiky's dinner on Sunday night was at the Grand Floridian's...

"We started with some drinks and the bread service."

" I ordered a Wild berry Margarita...

... and Iván ordered the Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea."

"For our appetizers I chose the Crispy Fried Yellow Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella."

Crispy Fried Yellow Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella with Heirloom Red Romaine and Green Goddess Dressing

"And Iván the Tamarind-grilled Bershkire Pork Belly."

Tamarin-grilled Berkshire Pork Belly and Spiced Sorella Mascarpone Creamed Corn

"We both chose the Madeira-braised Short Ribs, every bite was delicious!!"

Madeira-braised Short Ribs with Hominy-Cheddar Potato Puree and Wild Mushroom Ragout

"For dessert Iván ordered the Lemon-scented Cheesecake...

... and I ordered the Tiramisù."

"The food was excellent as well as the service. This restaurant is one of our favorites."

5 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

One more update was received from Maiky today.

He said, "After Citricos we went back to Magic Kingdom for the...

"We took some pictures...

...but we only ate some pineapple because we don't like the desserts here."

"But we think that the view alone is worth the price."

"Before leaving Magic Kingdom we also visited Aloha Isle to grab a Pineapple Float."

"It was delicious as ever!"

4 September Bonus Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, buffet and fireworks pics

bluejasmine also sent us one more update, this one from their dinner tonight at Epcot's French Bakery...

Boulangerie Patisserie

She said, "I had the ham and cheese croissant and a macaroon and Tommy has croque Monsieur and creme brûlée."

They also stopped in Germany for some treats from...

Karamell Kuche

"We got the milk chocolate salted caramel and peanut butter chocolate caramel cookie."

4 September Game Points Earned

First up this morning is one more update sent to us by Paul (GrandCalifornian) & family last night.

"We met up with fellow DISers, R2-JD and LuvGoldens, in the WL lobby tonight."

"Then we all decided to head to WPE at Downtown Disney for dinner."

"Paul had the meatloaf sandwich which he loved last year."

"Melissa chose the Margherita pizza."

"And Allie had the kids spaghetti with meat sauce."

"R2-JD and LuvGoldens both had pizzas as well."

"For dessert we had cheesecake and took a brownie home."

"WPE is an amazing bargain in a Quick Service meal."

2 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic + 10 Bonus Points for DISmeet with 2 DISers

That makes 16 updates received yesterday from only 4 reporters...GREAT JOB!!! :thumbsup2

And even more good news, we have already received 6 updates this morning, including one very special one. Anyone want to guess where Maiky & Iván had dinner last night? ;)

Stay tuned while I upload their photos. :surfweb:

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Maiky, but due to the location of our third update I'm going to cheat and post his updates out of order. ;)

I'm very pleased to announce that Maiky & Iván had dinner last night at...

Maiky said, "Tonight was California Grill's opening night and Iván's actual birthday so we were very excited about this meal, but unfortunately the whole experience was affected by the poor service. It was awful. The server disappeared for long periods of time (10 or 15 minutes at a time) leaving our table without food or drinks. The pace of the meal was odd and we had to call the server on three occasions to ask for something (including the bill). And worst of all he didn't seem to care. I know this was their first night and they were very busy but that's not the California Grill that we used to know."

"But this thread is about the food and the food was delicious and almost perfect......almost." ;)

First some pics of the newly-remodeled dining room.

And they have just a few wine choices. ;)

Their table, decorated with Mickey confetti for Iván's birthday.

And the Grand Reopening Night menu...

"We started with the bread service and some drinks, the Sake Martini and the Passion fruit Margarita."

"For our appetizers Iván ordered the Three-Meat Signature Meatballs (Picholine Olives, Herbed Orzo, Chimichurri, Lavender Mint)."

"And I ordered my favorite, the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli (Tomato-Fennel Broth, crispy Mushrooms, Basil, Benziger Estate Olive Oil)."

"For our entrées, Iván chose the Pork Two Ways (Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered Belly, Applesauce)."

"And I chose the Oak-fired Filet of Beef (Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinated Baby Vine Tomatoes, Petite Basil, Tomato Butter)."

"I asked for my steak medium well and they presented it too red for my taste."

"I didn't send it back because I didn't want to wait another 20 minutes for it. The flavors were good but I barely eat it."

"For dessert I chose the Chef's Selection Cheese Board (Selection of Five unique Cheeses with Accompaniments)."

"And Iván chose the Chocolate Pudding Cake (Luscious Chocolate Cake with Nutella Filling, Meringue Kisses, and Mint Chantilly)."

"They also gave us a Crème brûlée for Iván's birthday."

"Note: While watching Wishes from our table a server collapsed behind our table. It looked that he was having some kind of seizure. The Manager and all the others employees helped him get up and almost had to carry him to a back room. Most people didn't notice this because they were facing Wishes and this happened in the hallway at the back of the restaurant near a service station."

"Also Iván received a surprise birthday cake that was delivered to our room."

10 September Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc pics, and First Update of the Day (That's 18 x 2 = 36 Total September Game Points Earned for our first update from California Grill)

Now let's go backwards a bit to see how Iván spent the rest of his birthday.

First is a two-part update from Epcot.

Maiky said, "This morning we visited France's bakery...

"We chose a Napoleon...

... and a Pissaladiere (tomatoes, olives and gruyere cheese)."

"Then we visited Japan's...

Kabuki Cafe

...and ordered a rainbow Kaki Gori and Edamame."

4 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and display case pics

yay! The first CA Grill review I've seen since re-open. Bummer about the service but the restaurant is beautiful.

I see familiar dishes - that pork just now has a pork belly option as well. The bread looks different. The ravioli the same.

I can't wait to try this in Dec.

And Happy Birthday to Ivan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter