Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next Hannikins sent us an update from their dinner last night at City Walk's...

Bubba Gump's

She said, "Last night we headed to Bubba Gump's, a favourite from our trip to San Francisco."

"We started with cocktails, Adam had a lava flow...

"And I had a margarita...

"I had the fish and chips, very yummy white fish...

"And Adam had a shrimp sampler which had a mix from the main menu. Our favourite was the coconut shrimp."...

"We shared a Key lime pie for dessert, it was one of the nicer ones we've had!" ...

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Adam

Now back to Disney World and Rumpletinker's update from Downtown Disney's...

She said, "We shared the Mac 'n Cheese...

"Unimpressed! Came out cold and tasted reheated." :(

"For dessert, we had creme brulee...

"This was average. It wasn't cold enough, unlike the pasta." :rolleyes:

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu

Very excited to see the new Boardwalk Bakery pics
It's so much bigger now - thanks DeeDee for sending in and thanks Barb for posting :thumbsup2

oh so sad to hear that Rumpletinker didn't have a great meal at WPE! That is one of our fav meals and we've never had a bad bite there.

Yummmm......frozen butterbeer and Bubba Gump's. My 2 Universal faves.:)

So glad to have been a part of thread 1. With no trip in the works, I look forward to everyone's yummy updates on the new thread.::yes::

jabead said:
Hi Nanabug! Good to hear from you again. :wave2:

And you are being modest when you say that you were just a November reporter. You did an awesome job of live reporting, so awesome in fact, you were our November game winner!! So thanks again for contributing to the old thread in a big way. :thumbsup2

No Disney World trips in your near future, but how about Disneyland? :)

Awwww, thanks Barb! We had such an awesome time being live reporters! :)

Li Li said:
:) Who cares about Disneyland? ;)
I would love to see live reports from Aulani! When are you going?

I don't have any plans for Disneyland coming up, but we will definitely be going to Aulani next year. We will be there in the beginning of June 2014 for 8 nights of Hawaiian Disney paradise! I'm taking my parents with us.... We'll be booking our flights in a couple of months. First class, baby!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

If Barb still has this thread going then, I will definitely be a live reporter for Aulani! Fingers crossed! :)

Let's begin the day with some updates sent to us last night, starting with the final update from a reporter who's trip ended yesterday, Rumpletinker.

From Downtown Disney's...

Earl of Sandwich

The Original 1762 - Roast beef, sharp cheddar cheese & horseradish sauce

She said, "This is my traditional "Goodbye, Disney Sandwich. It's always delicious."

"Thanks for letting me do live reports. It was fun!" :)

2 April Game Points Earned

And since we have received Rumpletinker's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

Rumpletinker's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 42

We also received the final update last night from another reporter who's trip ended yesterday, Mommyof3inVA.

Main Street Confectionery

She said, "We grabbed some treats from Main Street Confectionery on the way out of the park. I had the brownie shaped like Mickey ears (not pictured). Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before eating it!! It was delicious! My husband had the chocolate fudge and loved it." :thumbsup2

1 Bonus Point Awarded for Display Case pics

And since we have received Mommyof3inVA's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

Mommyof3inVA's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 44

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: auntfrannie :cheer2:

auntfrannie will be at Disney World from 4/29 - 5/8 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, auntfrannie!!! :cool1:

One more update from yesterday, this one from Rarity's day of eating around the World at the Flower & Garden Festival.

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE
World Showcase Promenade, Canada side

Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum
& Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade - non alcoholic

She said, "Taking a quick break from all the dance and cheer teams here with a Dole Whip with Spiced Rum and a Violet Lemonade. It's definitely been more crowded than we expected. The kids have been mostly well-behaved at least."

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro

JARDIN DE FIESTAS
Mexico

Tostada de Jaiba - Crab Tostada with Chipotle mayonnaise and Valentina Salsa

Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple

"DSis insisted on trying the German Meatloaf, even though it looked like Spamwich to me. It was better than I thought it would be. We enjoyed the spicy brown mustard and the roll more than the meat, haha."

German Meatloaf Sandwich with Sweet Mustard and Fried Shallots

Smoked Beef Brisket with Collard Greens and Jalapeño Corn Bread

Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw

Rocky Road Brownie Mousse

"We were divided on which was better at the Smokehouse - I liked the brisket, especially the cornbread, more, and DSis liked the slider more. We were both surprised by the amount of kick the cornbread had. I appreciated the brownie having pecans instead of almonds, like I expected it to have, because I hate almonds."

"I'd like to note that the Smokehouse is also officially endorsed by The Orchestra, lol. They kept going on about how good the food was during their [Flower Power] concert tonight."

"My overall personal favorite surprisingly ended up being the Spring Pancake. I loved the spicy sauce, and the apples added interesting flavor and texture. And it was a huge portion! DSis liked the tostada the best. She loved the chipotle mayo, and the crab was plentiful and nice and cool."

9 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for signs, menus & pic of DSis

Now let's begin today's updates, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us this morning by a new reporter who just arrived at Disney World, Jessica (FancyNancy).

They had breakfast this morning at...

Riverside Mill

Here is what they had...

"Also my multi-grain bagel and mom's blueberry bagel."

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Rarity and her DSis had an early morning breakfast today at...

She said, "We had an 8:05 breakfast at the castle this morning. This was our first time at CRT, and we loved it."

First a menu pic...

Plate of Assorted Pastries...

"We both chose the lobster and crab crepes."

Lobster and Crab Crepes - Warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sauteed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce

"We laughed at how I had an abundance of crab and lobster, and DSis had abundance of spinach. We traded a bit to even things out. ;) We still enjoyed everything. I loooved the sauce."

"We later split the stuffed French toast, which was tasty and warm."

Cream Cheese-stuffed French Toast drizzled with Cognac chocolate ganache served with bacon and fresh fruit

2 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of DSis, and castle pic with Rarity

And Amanda's offer reminded me that it's probably time to bring out the cheerleaders because...

:cheer2::cheer2: IT'S RECRUITMENT TIME AGAIN!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

So here are the dates which we could still use more live reporters:

May 20 - 24 - 2 more reporters needed

May 28 - 31 - 1 more reporter needed

June 14 - 19 - 1 more reporter needed

June 20 - 24 - 2 more reporters needed

June 29 - July 8 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

July 9 - 13 - 1 more reporter needed

July 14 - 25 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

July 26 - 30 - We have no volunteers yet for these dates. :worried:

July 31 - Aug. 7 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

Aug. 25 - 28 - 1 more reporter needed

Aug. 29 - Sept. 2 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

So if you are planning a trip to either Disney World or Disneyland during any of these dates, please consider doing some live reporting. :flower3:

I'll be attending a conference at Disney July 13-18 and would be happy to send in pics if you still need people. We'll be at the Yacht Club and breakfast and lunch is provided so will be mostly dinners and snacks. Was kind of a last minute decision, so ADR at Yachtsman and winging it the other nights (which is so against my Type A plan it and book at the 180 mark personality)!

We are going back August 30- September 4 is need a live reporter. If someone else asks that hasn't had a turn, I can stand aside and let them do it. Just whatever you need !! :thumbsup2:)

Our next update in this morning was from MRYPPNS dinner last night at Ft. Wilderness'...

Trail's End Buffet

And the desserts...

She said, "A group of 10 of us had dinner last night at Trail's End. Everyone loved it and thought it was a great choice for a big group." :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for Buffet food pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter