Complaints about Gaydays

We've been to WDW during Gay Days lots of times and not noticed anything negative. It looks like we'll be there during Gay Days again this year. Is the red t-shirt something that people wear to show their support for Gay Days? If so, I'll have to remember to pack them for our family:)

Heck, I see more PDA (hetero, gay, you name it) on our neighborhood beach during spring break than I ever have at Disney. It doesn't bother me there, either, though. It actually reminds me of how glad I am that I live in and raise my kids in an area that is tolerant and open-minded.:thumbsup2

Hot days in June! Whew!

My wife said she's wearing a white tank this year with "This IS my red t-shirt" on it! LOL

SO then? Who is up for the costume party at Tip Top? :teeth:

Wally, you WILL wear your red pants if we ask nicely won't you? PUUUUUHHHHLEEEEZE?

We'll get Rosie to bring her monkey and goat and everything!!!!

Gotta' love those post counts, huh? :rotfl:

Do you know I searched and I own no red tshirts appropriate for Disney LOL

Not going to gay daze. :sad2:
Did you miss the part about the "face of the sun".

Seriously - I had fun - but I just did not get the whole big deal of it.
I live in part of the country where being out is
no big deal so maybe for me the whole "Empowerment /Kumbaya"
part of it was not so palpable.
I'd go if a quorum of my friends where going to be there -
cause that is what was the most fun -but it would not need to be that
"special week" in june. That frign' HOT week in June!

FYI - that was the last time I saw Rob

WHY MUST EVERYONE COMPLAIN SO MUCH, YES IT'S HOT IN JUNE, IT;S HOT MOST OF THE TIME IN FLORIDA... JUST COME, SWEAT,:wizard: HAVE A GOOD TIME, THEY HAVE POOL'S:cheer2:

WHY MUST EVERYONE COMPLAIN SO MUCH, YES IT'S HOT IN JUNE, IT;S HOT MOST OF THE TIME IN FLORIDA... JUST COME, SWEAT,:wizard: HAVE A GOOD TIME, THEY HAVE POOL'S:cheer2:

Yeah - I fell for that last time.
No thanks - I'll stay Queer and cool thanks

Not going to gay daze. :sad2:
Did you miss the part about the "face of the sun".

Seriously - I had fun - but I just did not get the whole big deal of it.
I live in part of the country where being out is
no big deal so maybe for me the whole "Empowerment /Kumbaya"
part of it was not so palpable.
I'd go if a quorum of my friends where going to be there -
cause that is what was the most fun -but it would not need to be that
"special week" in june. That frign' HOT week in June!

FYI - that was the last time I saw Rob

I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed going in June. I hat the hot weather but I found that it really wasn't as bad as I expected. Air conditioning was available very readily, early morning (which I only did once as anyone who knows me knows I am NOT a morning person) was cool enough and late late nights were amazing.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Yeah, hear you on the heat. DP is going for Gay Days to humor me. As I've mentioned before it's our 15th anniversary and we were at Gay Days by happenstance for our honeymoon. She HATES the heat and isn't real Rah Rah about the gay togetherness thing. I'm a geek and love that stuff. We will be doing mostly evenings and nights. The only day I see us getting out in the morning is for Breakfast at CP on the 4th.

My mom, brother and sister-in-law will be with us through the 3rd and then they head home.

This will probably be the last time we go in hot weather for a looong time.

haha we are just used to lower crowds in Aug/Sept so we'll see if we go back in May/June again.... then yes the heat. Our goal is to try for end of Sept one year or maybe even first week of Dec.

February -- I'll never say never but we didn't enjoy that trip very much for a few reasons. :lmao:

Either way 2012 won't see us heading to WDW as we'll be using our points in Hawaii :banana::banana:

We may change our tactics this trip and do mornings and later in the days in the parks, taking a mid-day break. We usually don't start til noon :lmao:

I am allergic to the sun, very heat intolerant, and am an anxiety created hermit.. yet you see me out at disney world in JUNE. Why? because of gaydays. I feel safer being a queer transman at Disney when surrounded by red shirts. even if I never talk to any of yall, I know that you are there. This year I plan to be at the dole whip meet. First time for everything. I just get giddy seeing the groups of red shirts (and some red faces like me... :headache:). It is also great for my daughter because she gets to see more than just the 'typical' family that lives in the very rural area we live in. That is magical all to itself :wizard: .

and as for those pools... yeah, I do end up in a pool, of my own SWEAT. :eek:

91 days! :woohoo:

Are there any other single gay parents coming? I wonder....

IN A POOL OF MY OWN SWEAT.... THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.. YOUR FUNNY.. SEE YOU THERE:surfweb::flower3:

I would go to disney world no matter what temp! I will sweat until they take me away by ambulance! But pirate:Disney please give us free WIFI while we wait in line!

I would go to disney world no matter what temp! I will sweat until they take me away by ambulance! But pirate:Disney please give us free WIFI while we wait in line!

They even charge for WiFi in the rooms that cost $800 a night. :sad2:

They even charge for WiFi in the rooms that cost $800 a night. :sad2:

Duh!! They want you out and about spending spending spending...

now to be fair I have never ever ever once gone away on business and rarely on vacation and had free internet at hotels--- Hyatt, Delta, W, Hilton, Westin, etc they all charge a fee for WiFi.

Best Western, Ramadas, La Quinta, mom and pop motels etc are all vying for your business away from the more expensive chains by louring you in with free wi-fi...

In our DVC villas we get wired internet but we set up a router so we can connect all our devices but I spend hardly any time online I am either too tired at the end of the night or raring to get out of the room in the morning ((ok late morning)). :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter