Concierge Gratuites

About to debark Dream. Wow! What a great concierge team (3 hosts and 4 staff members)! The service was exceptional. Loved early access to WD theater to pick best seats and fresh popcorn for the shows.

The entire concierge team (hosts and lounge staff) shares the gratuity and the suggests amount is $8/guest/night. The concierge rooms were almost sold out but only 2700 pax for the sailing. Had a great weather and will definitely do concierge again.
I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience with the staff on the Dream as that's what we'll be sailing in Sept. The idea of getting a phone call suggesting my tip was scant had me mortified, lol.

I can’t believe they gave you a new envelope and asked for more. I would’ve reported this to someone higher up in the food chain while still on the ship and likely would’ve changed to cash tips to the ones that helped my family.

I agree with earlier poster that concierge is such an up charge Disney should pay them adequately to where tips are like a bonus for us.

After staying concierge the last week on the Wish, I can understand the gratuities now. They had one person working the food station at all times plus up to 3 bartenders at a time during the 5 hour happy hour PLUS 1-2 people at a time taking orders for the "special concierge food menu" and cleaning all the tables. That was in addition to the 4 actual concierge hosts. We had 4 people in our room who ordered at least 2 drinks every night.... everything from virgin pina coladas to chocolate martinis. Those bartenders were HUSTLING to keep the drinks flowing with a full bar selection. And someone was constantly clearing tables all day, every day. So looking back, I think that new recommended amount is akin to the suggested tips for the dining room staff.

This post made me look around last night and after reading a bunch of blogs and posts, I think $8 per person per night makes sense. Why? I saw where someone did the math. Take the Disney Magic for example, assuming 4 people in the room, $8 x 4 x 7 nights x 52 weeks x 44 concierge level rooms = $512,512 per year. If there are 7 folks on Disney Magic - 3 hosts & 4 bar / kitchen staff, that is $73,216 per person per year. And from what I read the hosts get a salary. $73,216 is just below the average US income for a family of 4 ($79,900).

It's likely close as guessing occupancy varies, concierge typically appears to be sold out, and some skip tipping while others tip well beyond $8 per person per day.

I'm with most in that we don't ask much of the concierge team. By the time we get on board everything is booked. Mostly will go get a drink or two each evening. One time one of the hosts heard me mention I enjoy biographies on Walt Disney and sent a DVD to our room. I tipped him extra for that special touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter