concierge + silver plan = overkill?

raisingkanes

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not the Silver Plan would be worthwhile if we are doing AKL concierge? Does anyone have any experience with doing both that they can share with me?

We used the Silver Plan last year and I remember saying that I would never do it again. We felt like we needed to eat way more than we normally would and spent too much time working around reservations when we would have been just as happy grabbing something at a quick service place.

The last day of our trip we spent racing around trying to use up our wishes!

That said.....I did LOVE the convenience of it. It was nice to have almost everything taken care of when we arrived and the kids were thrilled with having so many desserts! We also used the wishes for Hoop de Doo and the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Brown Derby and both were wonderful.

Maybe I just didn't plan well enough last time?

I am planning on having the kids (3) go to Simba's for an evening out so that would be a good use of wishes this time around.....

My DW and I did the Silver Plan on one trip to the BC and ended up in concierge. It worked out great for us. We had breakfast most mornings in the lounge and used the wishes for other meals or souvenirs. We did not book it this way -- it just seemed to be a bit of Disney magic for us. It did not seem like overkill at all. We had a great time!

Originally posted by raisingkanes
We used the Silver Plan last year and I remember saying that I would never do it again. We felt like we needed to eat way more than we normally would and spent too much time working around reservations when we would have been just as happy grabbing something at a quick service place.

It sounds like you would be better off skipping the Silver Plan and putting that money toward Hoopdeedo and a Fantasmic dinner. I use Dreams Unlimited Travel, so I don't have to make PS's myself and their prices are the same as booking directly through Disney. They also apply codes, so you don't have to worry about that.

We are doing both in Oct (usually stay non-concierge Gold plan)-using wishes for Cirque, CG, Fantasmic HBD, luau etc.
I think it should work out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter